Figure This Team Will Finish 4-12....

Which should satisfy all the " tank the season" morons because it will net us a decent pick. At least they haven't quit though which is encouraging. I'm telling you people, for all the gloom and doom around here and ridiculous talk about totally rebuilding, this team isn't far from being right back at the top of the league. In the grand scheme of things, this season might well be looked at as a good thing next year because it will have built experienced depth that we were sorely lacking.

Which should satisfy all the " tank the season" morons because it will net us a decent pick. At least they haven't quit though which is encouraging. I'm telling you people, for all the gloom and doom around here and ridiculous talk about totally rebuilding, this team isn't far from being right back at the top of the league. In the grand scheme of things, this season might well be looked at as a good thing next year because it will have built experienced depth that we were sorely lacking.

Hey look a person that knows football!

I don't see how people are saying we need to rebuilt, they obvious dont kno football just add some OLinemen and a pass rusher and get ruin of DeCoud and we will be back at the top its not like we don't have talent we just need to be more physical in the trenches and new coaching

If you eliminated all the people who really don't know anything about football from this board, 75% of it's membership would be gone.....just sayin Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

I don't see how people are saying we need to rebuilt, they obvious dont kno football just add some OLinemen and a pass rusher and get ruin of DeCoud and we will be back at the top its not like we don't have talent we just need to be more physical in the trenches and new coaching

I don't know that we need to rebuild, but, unfortunately, it's not as simple as "just add some O Linemen and a pass rusher," either. We've been stuck on "just add some O Linemen and a pass rusher" for several seasons now, after all.

There's also the issue of an aging HB who's, while still having a little something in the tank, is clearly past his prime and an entire defense full of players who have struggled for years to properly tackle. The defensive backfield finally shows some promise, so that's a plus.

Then, beyond personnel, there's the fact that the Falcons have come out flat in the 2nd half for the last several seasons, that we have a consistent history of blowing leads over that same period of time, and that the front office staff we're counting on to "just add some O Linemen and a pass rusher" are the masterminds behind the current crop.

The Falcons have had a *lot* of breaks go their way in seasons past, which is why we've had the regular season records we've had. But, the post-season performances, coupled with the performances against teams above .500, have been indicative of the reality of those teams. This year, those breaks that used to go for us are going against us, and what we're discovering is that this team, while not terrible, is far too dependent on "the breaks" week in and week out. That's not something that's fixed with "just add some O Linemen and a pass rusher." We're not making instant soup here; we're trying to win a Super Bowl, and the current makeup of things isn't going to get that done, IMO.

Edited by bfarmer1980

When it's a bust to make the playoffs, might as well get a good draft pick.