Bcs National Championship Game

Falconsfan567

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so you say Gruden won with Dungy players and say Harbaugh is winning with Singletary and Nolan players. You gave those two slights cause of it. But you dont want to give Chizik no credit? Fact is Gus is winning with Chizik players. Be fair now

If you want to call them Chizik's players then be my guest. I won't do that because I know that those players wouldn't be there if it wasn't for Trooper and Gus. Chizik was no the reason those guys ended up at Auburn. I also saw that Chizik couldn't couldn't survive 1 year without Gus covering his azz. Also I've not even mentioned the defense. Defense was supposed to be Chizik's calling card and yet the defense just got worst every year he was there. This year the defense still sucks but it's been better than any year under Chizik.

About the only thing I'll give Chizik credit for is sitting by and allowing Trooper and Luper to turn the program into thug university.

None because Chizik had totally lost the program. Chizik doesn't win the NC in 2010 without Gus and Cam. They were the only reason Chizik even looked like a contempt coach. Once he had neither of them in place he got exposed as the fraud that he is. Gus heavily recruited most of the players too. Had the guys not wanted to play in Gus's offense they would have never went to Auburn.

No school outside of Bama has been in the hunt every year.

Sorry guys but FSU by 14. Auburn has never played an ACC team that is built like SEC. Jimbo has years of SEC ideals he brought to FSU. AU has holes in secondary and how do you match up with our WRs. If Jameis plays no huddle offense its going to be a long day for AU. Our RBs are shifty and strong know how to adjust with the DBs. Our defense is young but aggressive and will create problems in the backfieldbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

No school outside of Bama has been in the hunt every year.

You're right. Georgia has played in 3 BCS bowls under Richt but the last one was in 2007 and Georgia has had years of 8-5, 6-7 and 8-4 since then. Sure Georgia was in the SECCG in both 2011 and 2012 and they deserve credit for that and for playing Alabama right to the wire in 2012 but they were smoked by LSU in 2011. They haven't won the SECGC since 2005.

The 2nd half of that LSU game still ticks me off. Team just gave up. Not to mention that bs punt return by Mathieu that gave them mojo going into halftime.

That first half pissed me off with all miscues. That was a perfect game plan by Bobo with all the miscues.

I honestly forgot about how well Georgia played in the 1st half of that game but yeah that punt return just killed the Dawgs. They quit after that.

i am on the fence with this game. i will be rooting for fsu because i never root for the sec but i am not so sure auburn will win. part of me says they will because its the sec and the last bcs game under the current format. but it would be fitting in a way if fsu won.

i want it to be a great game but i really want fsu to win. no offense intended to auburn or to cut down their amazing season. malzahn is a class act from what i can see, mason is a beast, the defense is underrated, and the o line is killer.

Starting to think this will be a pretty good matchup. Although it's hard for me to see Auburn outscoring FSU if it becomes a bit of a shootout.

I don't think Auburn's d is underrated at all... they're not very good. Winston should have a great game. AU can get a stop or two when they need to but I see Winston torching them pretty bad, personally.

Starting to think this will be a pretty good matchup. Although it's hard for me to see Auburn outscoring FSU if it becomes a bit of a shootout.

I don't think Auburn's d is underrated at all... they're not very good. Winston should have a great game. AU can get a stop or two when they need to but I see Winston torching them pretty bad, personally.

auburn hasn't faced a defense as good as fsu imo. yeah auburn's defense isn't underrated they aren't very good. they have been able to outscore teams like missouri, but missouri is no fsu offensively or defensively. i have fsu winning by at least a few touchdowns. i hope it's a closer game though because i hate the bcs title game isn't close.

auburn hasn't faced a defense as good as fsu imo. yeah auburn's defense isn't underrated they aren't very good. they have been able to outscore teams like missouri, but missouri is no fsu offensively or defensively. i have fsu winning by at least a few touchdowns. i hope it's a closer game though because i hate the bcs title game isn't close.

I think Auburn will get theirs to a certain extent. Their ground game is just hard to stop. FSU has a very solid d very capable of playing it though, so I'm expecting them to limit AU to some degree. Offensively for FSU I believe the only thing that can stop them is themselves if they aren't quite clicking.

Expecting FSU to win by 14 but I think it will be an entertaining game.

I think Auburn will get theirs to a certain extent. Their ground game is just hard to stop. FSU has a very solid d very capable of playing it though, so I'm expecting them to limit AU to some degree. Offensively for FSU I believe the only thing that can stop them is themselves if they aren't quite clicking.

Expecting FSU to win by 14 but I think it will be an entertaining game.

So did Alabama and Missouri.

So did Alabama and Missouri.

Mizzou defense is trash. I was laughing at all the talk about Mizzou having a good defense prior to the game, honestly. They have a few good players on d but overall not good.

Bama was a bit of a surprise... but they struggle for whatever reason with tempo. They were gashed big by Texas A&M, Auburn, Oklahoma. Malzahn seems to have a good system for success against Saban's defenses though.

I didn't say FSU would shut down Auburn, but you can't point to Bama and Mizzou as and comparison either. FSU plays more of these offenses.

Mizzou defense is trash. I was laughing at all the talk about Mizzou having a good defense prior to the game, honestly. They have a few good players on d but overall not good.

Bama was a bit of a surprise... but they struggle for whatever reason with tempo. They were gashed big by Texas A&M, Auburn, Oklahoma. Malzahn seems to have a good system for success against Saban's defenses though.

I didn't say FSU would shut down Auburn, but you can't point to Bama and Mizzou as and comparison either. FSU plays more of these offenses.

Mizzou was only allowing something like 119 rush yards a game before SECCG. We dropped a 545 burger on them.

no, i dont. i call that both teams fighting and clawing. bama had a chance to win it till the end.

that win by oklahoma was in NO way easy. both teams fought hard all night.

it seems you may be looking at the final score and drawing conclusions.

henry had big plays, mccarron made a few huge plays.

yes, they were outplayed and I loved every minute of it, but oklahoma didnt win easily.

no, i dont. i call that both teams fighting and clawing. bama had a chance to win it till the end.

that win by oklahoma was in NO way easy. both teams fought hard all night.

it seems you may be looking at the final score and drawing conclusions.

henry had big plays, mccarron made a few huge plays.

yes, they were outplayed and I loved every minute of it, but oklahoma didnt win easily.

I'm not just looking at the final score. It was 31-17 at halftime. Oklahoma totally controlled the flow of the game in the 2nd half. Alabama cut it to 7 at 33-24 and Oklahoma promptly answered to go up 38-24. Like I said Oklahoma had 7 sacks and forced 4 turnovers. I'm not just getting that from the freaking final score dude. I watched the game. Oklahoma dominated the 2nd half of the game. Henry had a couple big plays in the 2nd half.. Aside from that Bama did absolutely nothing offensively in that 2nd half.

Archived