Bcs National Championship Game

Falconsfan567

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chizik can eat a bag of *****. He recruited all of those top 10 classes and wasted them by letting trooper and luper run the show and let them act the fool. There's a reason he's unemployed right now.

he still brought in the talent. The reason why im asking is cause people seem to want to give a coach a slight cause he won with another coach. Only Larry Coker should get a slight for that cause you could have coached those Canes team to a title

he still brought in the talent. The reason why im asking is cause people seem to want to give a coach a slight cause he won with another coach. Only Larry Coker should get a slight for that cause you could have coached those Canes team to a title

A lot of those guys went there solely because of trooper/luper. Chizik let them have way too much influence over that program.

How much credit will Auburn fans give Gene Chiswick? Gus is winning with his players

None because Chizik had totally lost the program. Chizik doesn't win the NC in 2010 without Gus and Cam. They were the only reason Chizik even looked like a contempt coach. Once he had neither of them in place he got exposed as the fraud that he is. Gus heavily recruited most of the players too. Had the guys not wanted to play in Gus's offense they would have never went to Auburn.

I obviously wasn't in the locker room with them, or in the recruits' living rooms, but it was a very poorly kept secret that trooper and luper let certain players get away with murder. Protected them from discipline and from chiz.

That's what everyone that was in the locker room and around the program says. Also I read that after Chizik wrote the book "All In" that many of the coaches felt slighted that Chizik was taking all the credit for him and Cam and not giving them and the other players enough credit.

None because Chizik had totally lost the program. Chizik doesn't win the NC in 2010 without Gus and Cam. They were the only reason Chizik even looked like a contempt coach. Once he had neither of them in place he got exposed as the fraud that he is. Gus heavily recruited most of the players too. Had the guys not wanted to play in Gus's offense they would have never went to Auburn.

Could you please let Slammee1 know this in the UGA coaching thread :)

Could you please let Slammee1 know this in the UGA coaching thread smile.png

I've said my peace in that thread about the Georgia coaching situation. IMO I think Richt has peaked and it's time for UGA to go in a dew direction. Georgia should be NC contenders year and year out and that just hasn't been the case under Richt. They've had a few years where they've come close but they've had far more disappointing seasons.

so you say Gruden won with Dungy players and say Harbaugh is winning with Singletary and Nolan players. You gave those two slights cause of it. But you dont want to give Chizik no credit? Fact is Gus is winning with Chizik players. Be fair now

so you say Gruden won with Dungy players and say Harbaugh is winning with Singletary and Nolan players. You gave those two slights cause of it. But you dont want to give Chizik no credit? Fact is Gus is winning with Chizik players. Be fair now

You know this better than anyone, but NFL and college are totally different in regards to how they get the players. NFL gets to sign players, or draft them whether they want to play for that team or not. Of the three pro coaches you listed, only one of them was with his team before taking over as HC.

On the other hand, yes, Malzahn is winning with "Chizik's" players. I don't know how many of them he visited personally, how many Gus did, or how many Trooper/Luper did. In the end yes, they were Chizik's players, but mine and 567's point is that, unlike really any other NCAA program I've ever seen, two assistants, position coaches no less, had more influence over recruiting than the HC, at least from outward appearances and internet chatter. When Chizik's fate, as well as the rest of his staff, was up in the air, I think I read of one recruit saying if Chizik went, he wouldn't keep his commitment. I read where several said if Trooper goes, so do they. That's not how you run a college football team. You don't let your assistants become more influential than the HC.

Drake I agree with everything you are saying. I think it's tougher to win with other coaches players unless your Coker. Gus only had to worry about offensive scheme when he was at Auburn as the OC. Now he has to worry about the entire program as the HC. I think Gus has proven to be a great head coach. Auburn lost all their SEC games last year and now they are playing for the title. The man is great. And I think Gene should get marginal credit at best for the players. But Gus gets the most

Drake I agree with everything you are saying. I think it's tougher to win with other coaches players unless your Coker. Gus only had to worry about offensive scheme when he was at Auburn as the OC. Now he has to worry about the entire program as the HC. I think Gus has proven to be a great head coach. Auburn lost all their SEC games last year and now they are playing for the title. The man is great. And I think Gene should get marginal credit at best for the players. But Gus gets the most

Chiz certainly should not be given zero credit, but I think he should be given less credit than any other modern example I've witnessed of a first year college coach having success with the previous guy's players due to the unique situation Chiz allowed to happen with his assistants.

Archived