Bcs National Championship Game

Falconsfan567

FSU wasn't kicking a 50+ yard field goal with 1 second left. Quite a bit different than throwing it up and having the defenders tip it to your WR (which is what Auburn needed again in this instance).

no it was a late win with no time on the clock that was the similarity. both games were last second plays to win it period.
  • Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys. FSU earned this win. Great comeback by them after being down 21-3. But how big does that missed FG look now? Of better yet Gus sitting on a 21-10 lead right before halftime. That FG there would have been huge too.

you know that old saying "that might come back to haunt them".. after you guys missed that field goal i was really wondering if that was going to come back and be a factor and ultimately it was.. i was just stunned you guys let them back in the game, but it was a great game nontheless..

Meanwhile, in the non-SEC world.....

Yeah but to me it's not necessarily the SEC that I'm pulling for so much as a regional thing (Southeast). It's the opportunity to say our kids are better than your kids, our schools are tougher than your schools to heck with the northeast, midwest and westcoast this is OUR sport and tonight doesn't change that in the slightest. I even used to root for other SOCON teams in the FCS playoffs (though never App)

Florida and Alabama were the only two teams that were nationally relevant. Those two were one or two more matchups away from renaming the SEC Championship Game the Florida-Alabama Classic.

Yeah, Nebraska(big 8), Miami(big east), FSU(ACC),Florida (SEC), Washington? maybe I forget(pac-10), the big 10, etc.

I guess the SEC had Tennessee as well which is hilarious now to think about.

I had to do a double take a while back when I saw the stat that from 1988 to 2000 UGA never beat Tennessee.

yep that's why some of our fans who are clueless regarding our rivalries need to do a refresher on our records verses them. it was amazing how bad ray goff was and jim donnan was. i remember that stretch of games.. i was at plenty of them.

I had to do a double take a while back when I saw the stat that from 1988 to 2000 UGA never beat Tennessee.ohmy.png

Those were dark years. I was at the game in 2000 when the students stormed the field (ripped up the hedges) and carried one of the goal posts up to Broad Street.

I don't remember Alabama being anywhere in the mix, but if y'all say so...

I know UGA wasn't though. dry.png

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I don't remember it either.

yep that's why some of our fans who are clueless regarding our rivalries need to do a refresher on our records verses them. it was amazing how bad ray goff was and jim donnan was. i remember that stretch of games.. i was at plenty of them.

Yeah, that's why I don't get the MR hate. It's come a long way since those days.

I'm sure it's been said earlier in this thread but it only dawned on me halfway through this game when the announcers were talking about Malzahn's history including the 2010 Auburn team ... there probably wasn't a bigger FSU fan tonight than Gene Chizik.

I'm sure it's been said earlier in this thread but it only dawned on me halfway through this game when the announcers were talking about Malzahn's history including the 2010 Auburn team ... there probably wasn't a bigger FSU fan tonight than Gene Chizik.

Why would he care? Malzahn helped him win a NC.

Archived