Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Bcs National Championship Game

645 posts in this topic

and another note i was not overly impressed by Jameis either. i think the d lines on both sides of the ball played a roll in that as well.

go back and read your posts............

So the posts I made right there in the heat of the moment you're going to hold against me? The post I made an hour after the game was over giving congrats to FSU and putting blame on AU for losing the game you're going to ignore?

I'm told people several times that during games I say a lot, I mean a lot of stuff that I really don't mean. I get overly emotional about my teams. What I say in the heat of the moment should never be taken at face value.

So the posts I made right there in the heat of the moment you're going to hold against me? The post I made an hour after the game was over giving congrats to FSU and putting blame on AU for losing the game you're going to ignore?

I'm told people several times that during games I say a lot, I mean a lot of stuff that I really don't mean. I get overly emotional about my teams. What I say in the heat of the moment should never be taken at face value.

again, i am not holding anything against you. just pointing it out. some of the posts were crazy.

lets squash this.

given the empty feeling the players have today who do you think turns pro off the auburn team?

again, i am not holding anything against you. just pointing it out. some of the posts were crazy.

lets squash this.

given the empty feeling the players have today who do you think turns pro off the auburn team?

I would be shocked if Tre Mason comes back. He's the only underclassman that I have even considered that might leave early. With the hype Greg Robinson has been getting he could leave early. I really have a hard time justifying any other underclassman leaving early.

lets squash this.

If I'm Tre Mason, I declare. They rode him hard this year and he needs to enter the NFL while healthy. I hope Greg Robinson comes back, but certainly wouldn't blame him for leaving if he's a guaranteed top 10 pick.

Ethanga62890 likes this

I would be shocked if Tre Mason comes back. He's the only underclassman that I have even considered that might leave early. With the hype Greg Robinson has been getting he could leave early. I really have a hard time justifying any other underclassman leaving early.

are there any juniors along the defensive line?

If I'm Tre Mason, I declare. They rode him hard this year and he needs to enter the NFL while healthy. I hope Greg Robinson comes back, but certainly wouldn't blame him for leaving if he's a guaranteed top 10 pick.

yeah if tre is smart he goes now.. with rbs is all about the wear and tear on their bodies. there were two tackles in yesterday's game i would love to have in atlanta and greg was one of them.. top 10 pick for sure.

are there any juniors along the defensive line?

they lose dee ford and nosa equae. gabe wright and darious owens are both jrs.. with gabe wright you never know what he will do.. auburn has a lot of jrs.. it will be interesting to see how many do move on..

I was actually thinking about the play of special teams from the game in the wee hours this morning and, my opinion, is that the game was won and lost there.

Auburn:

Roughing the kicker call that ended up amounting to nothing for FSU

Missed FG that would have made it a tie game at the end of the 4th quarter

3 muffed kicks/punts that they were very lucky to have recovered

Gave up 4th down conversion on a fake punt

Gave up 100 kickoff return for a TD

Great punting that kept FSU from having good field position

FSU:

Letting a couple of punts get downed inside the 10

2/2 on FG's

Converted 4th down on a fake punt. Arguably the gutsiest call of the game.

100 yard kickoff returned for a TD

Solid punting from poor to fair field position. Beatty averaged 257 yards on 6 punts for a 42.8 average while Clark averaged 43.2 on 6 punts for 259 yards

great breakdown mookie. if i am counting correctly that's a 17 point difference in fsu's favor because i count that fake punt as one of the big turning points in that game.. if auburn stops that fake punt they win the game.. congrats man on the win.

With the year Mason had he'd be crazy to come back. He's proven everything he needs to prove.

Back to the Marshall debate. If he could consistently throw for even 60%, even if only making around 18-22 throws per game, just imagine how that would open up that offense even more. Scary. Yeah, he's not a great QB in the traditional sense but I think he's perfect for Malzahn's scheme. Smart player with very good instincts and vision.

With the year Mason had he'd be crazy to come back. He's proven everything he needs to prove.

Back to the Marshall debate. If he could consistently throw for even 60%, even if only making around 18-22 throws per game, just imagine how that would open up that offense even more. Scary. Yeah, he's not a great QB in the traditional sense but I think he's perfect for Malzahn's scheme. Smart player with very good instincts and vision.

his running vision is fantastic...........his passing awareness and vision is horrible.

it will be interesting to see how malzahn brings him along.

I think a full offseason in the offense will do wonders for Marshall. He didn't get to campus until this summer. He's not going to turn into Joe Montana, but I think he'll be improved as a passer next year.

I think a full offseason in the offense will do wonders for Marshall. He didn't get to campus until this summer. He's not going to turn into Joe Montana, but I think he'll be improved as a passer next year.

dont you mean joe montegna?

Some FSU players that could declare...

Kelvin Benjamin, WR. Redshirted, so he's eligible. I think he comes back to fine tune some of his skills.

Davonte Freeman, RB. I think he'll come back for his Sr. year.

Timmy Jernigan, DT and I fully expect him to

James Wilder Jr, RB. May depend on what Freeman does. That backfield is getting crowded with Williams there also

Nick O'Leary, TE. It was a shame that he didn't have much of a factor in the game....he could be a baller

Bobby Hart, OL. I don't see him declaring, but it's a possibility

Tre Jackson, OL. Same as Bobby Hart

Cameron Erving, OL. Likely declaring.

Rashad Greene, WR. No clue on this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if he declared.

And the Seniors that should declare

Christian Jones, LB/DE. Senior

Lamarcus Joyner, CB/S

Telvin Smith, LB

Terrence Brooks, DB

Chad Abram, FB

Kenny Shaw, WR

Bryan Stork, OL

they lose dee ford and nosa equae. gabe wright and darious owens are both jrs.. with gabe wright you never know what he will do.. auburn has a lot of jrs.. it will be interesting to see how many do move on..

A lot of Juniors that should stay because they won't get drafted high if they get drafted at all. Key Seniors we're losing are

LB Jake Holland (I really question myself putting him on here as a "key" Senior. LOL.)

CB/PR Chris Davis

DE Craig Sanders

DE Dee Ford

FB Jake Prosch

S Ryan White

S Ryan Smith

P Steven Clark

K Cody Parkey

DT Jeffrey Whitaker

DE Kenneth Carter

DE Nosa Eguae

Juniors that will have to make a decision.

RB Tre Mason

WR Quan Bray

DT Gabe Wright

TE C.J. Uzomah

OL Tunde Fariyike

OG Chad Slade

C Reese Dismukes

RB Cameron-Artis Payne

CB Robinson Therezie

RB Corey Grant

S Jermaine Whitehead

DE LaDarius Owens

CB Jonathan Mincy

WR Trevon Reed

He's eating Winston's soul. laugh.png

Imagining the sound he's making in that shot brings me great pleasure.

Reese Dismukes just announced he's returning for his senior season.