Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Bcs National Championship Game

645 posts in this topic

Someone's bitter that their son didn't bring home another crystal ball........

BdWqT6SCAAAcXPx.jpg

AJ McCarron’s mom, Dee Dee Bonner, made it no secret she was rooting for Auburn in Monday night’s BCS National Championship and she had some not-so-kind words for Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston as he delivered his postgame speech.

Winston, the Heisman Trophy winner, was named the game’s offensive MVP and answered a few questions for the television cameras and the crowd.

"I said guys, we didn't come here for no reason,” Winston said. “I said, 'Guys, this is ours, man.' All the adversity we went through the first few quarters, it was ours to take. And like I've been saying, we control our own destiny, And those men looked me in my eye and said 'We got this Jameis.' I said, 'Are you strong?' They said, ‘I'm strong if you strong.’ I said, 'We strong then.'"

Winston went on to answer several questions and while the answers might not have been wholly articulate, they were absolutely in English.

Bonner tweeted an apology later in the evening, claiming her initial tweet was not meant to be racist.

http://sports.yahoo....413--ncaaf.html

Listening to Jameis Winston talk is quite the chore.

Listening to Jameis Winston talk is quite the chore.

wow. i just went to youtube and i had to listen to it 2 times to fully understand.

i am still not sure if i understand it or not.

i still dont hate on anyone trying to do an interview after such an emotional rollercoaster.

i would probably sound like Ricky Bobby out there.

wow. i just went to youtube and i had to listen to it 2 times to fully understand.

i am still not sure if i understand it or not.

i still dont hate on anyone trying to do an interview after such an emotional rollercoaster.

i would probably sound like Ricky Bobby out there.

i thought it was more due to the moment.. i listened to him in the postgame interview and he sounded just fine.. he was more calm down obviously.

your numbers are a little different than what i saw........

Passing Leaders

Florida State C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT Auburn C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT Winston 20/35 237 6.8 2 0 Marshall 14/27 217 8.0 2 1

even you will agree that defensive line and tre mason kept you in the game till the end. marshall, while incredibly talented, missed crucial throws and is still very raw.

Well then they changed the numbers. He was listed with 230 yards passing when I made that post.

i know most understand this, but 50% completion rate is not good at all for any qb.. it's pretty bad actually especially in college where qbs tend to have much higher completion. nick marshall for as good of a runner he is frankly just isn't very good passer yet, but he has time to improve this offseason. hey auburn fans i was wondering, but do you guys have a special team's coach? last night's game you gave up a fake punt, missed a chip shot field goal, and gave up a bigtime kick return for a td. tough night for whoever coaches that.

My point was that Nick can pass just enough to keep teams honest. Not bad for someone who's not a real QB. And really? You're going to mock our special teams? Yes they were horrible last night but you do know that special teams was a huge area of strength all season for AU and one of the main reasons we made it as far as we did? Parkey missed that little chip shot FG but is still a solid kicker. Steven Clark is the best punter in the nation. Chris Davis despite him mishandling a couple of punts last night is one of the best punt returners in the nation. Tre Mason does great on kickoff returns. AU I know right off the top of my head had 3 returns for TD's this season.

My point was that Nick can pass just enough to keep teams honest. Not bad for someone who's not a real QB. And really? You're going to mock our special teams? Yes they were horrible last night but you do know that special teams was a huge area of strength all season for AU and one of the main reasons we made it as far as we did? Parkey missed that little chip shot FG but is still a solid kicker. Steven Clark is the best punter in the nation. Chris Davis despite him mishandling a couple of punts last night is one of the best punt returners in the nation. Tre Mason does great on kickoff returns. AU I know right off the top of my head had 3 returns for TD's this season.

he wasnt mocking it, just pointing out the obvious.

seems you have no issue pointing out the obvious about uga, or any other team.

true he can pass just enough when you run that much, but i just didn't think bring up he was 50% is necessarily a good thing about him as a qb. not really mocking asking a serious question i didn't know who coaches your special teams (whether it was a dedicated coach or sharing the duties), but they had a horrible night in the most important game of the season. i remember someone in the pregame breaking down the game said fsu had a big advantage on special teams and it showed last night. i had even forgot the 3 fumbles on punts even though they weren't lost which was pretty fortunate. i thought at one point when those fumbles happen and auburn didn't lose one of them i had a feeling you guys were going to win because it's hard to get that many good bounces.

I was actually thinking about the play of special teams from the game in the wee hours this morning and, my opinion, is that the game was won and lost there.

Auburn:

Roughing the kicker call that ended up amounting to nothing for FSU

Missed FG that would have made it a tie game at the end of the 4th quarter

3 muffed kicks/punts that they were very lucky to have recovered

Gave up 4th down conversion on a fake punt

Gave up 100 kickoff return for a TD

Great punting that kept FSU from having good field position

FSU:

Letting a couple of punts get downed inside the 10

2/2 on FG's

Converted 4th down on a fake punt. Arguably the gutsiest call of the game.

100 yard kickoff returned for a TD

Solid punting from poor to fair field position. Beatty averaged 257 yards on 6 punts for a 42.8 average while Clark averaged 43.2 on 6 punts for 259 yards

he wasnt mocking it, just pointing out the obvious.

seems you have no issue pointing out the obvious about uga, or any other team.

Well anyone that watched AU this year should know that last night was not a true example of the way our special teams has played this season.

true he can pass just enough when you run that much, but i just didn't think bring up he was 50% is necessarily a good thing about him as a qb. not really mocking asking a serious question i didn't know who coaches your special teams (whether it was a dedicated coach or sharing the duties), but they had a horrible night in the most important game of the season. i remember someone in the pregame breaking down the game said fsu had a big advantage on special teams and it showed last night. i had even forgot the 3 fumbles on punts even though they weren't lost which was pretty fortunate. i thought at one point when those fumbles happen and auburn didn't lose one of them i had a feeling you guys were going to win because it's hard to get that many good bounces.

I wasn't bragging on him completing 50% of his passes as being good. But 230 yards (which is what the stat line said last night when I made that post) at 8.5 ypa is really good.

Well anyone that watched AU this year should know that last night was not a true example of the way our special teams has played this season.

and yet he made no mention of it other than last night. no one is arguing the year but last night was a debacle of special teams.

defensive much?

and yet he made no mention of it other than last night. no one is arguing the year but last night was a debacle of special teams.

defensive much?

Yes AU's special teams sucked last night and that was the difference in the game. But it came off to me like he was saying that because it's been a problem all season. He's a Georgia fan. He should know you can't make it where we did with horrible special teams.

I wasn't bragging on him completing 50% of his passes as being good. But 230 yards (which is what the stat line said last night when I made that post) at 8.5 ypa is really good.

but you were defending his qb play. and sac is simply arguing the point with you. you cant pull one bit of the stat line out and say that one part makes it really good.

his overall performance could have been better, especially passing his decision making and touch. he was bad as a quarterback last night. thats not opinion, that is fact.

he was a good runner.

Yes AU's special teams sucked last night and that was the difference in the game. But it came off to me like he was saying that because it's been a problem all season. He's a Georgia fan. He should know you can't make it where we did with horrible special teams.

you interpreted the tone poorly.

i am a uga fan too. to be honest i kind of liked seeing you guys struggle on special teams on such a big stage. made me feel like i was watching a ga game.

but you were defending his qb play. and sac is simply arguing the point with you. you cant pull one bit of the stat line out and say that one part makes it really good.

his overall performance could have been better, especially passing his decision making and touch. he was bad as a quarterback last night. thats not opinion, that is fact.

he was a good runner.

Wow. So 230 yards, 8.5 ypa, 2 td, 1 int is bad?

Wow. So 230 yards, 8.5 ypa, 2 td, 1 int is bad?

yes, when you ADD in the rest of the stat line------14-27 passing.

listen, he is a great athlete. but he is lacking as a complete QB.

you cant omit certain stats to make it better. you have to look at the body of work.

and it was 217 yards passing, not 230. and it was 8 ypa.

You just finished #2 and are still the most defensive poster on this forum.

i agree with this. it sucks to be a sore winner and loser.

i also remember QUITE a bit of smack talk before the game.

at least he can be man enough to own up to it.

and he blamed the refs for the loss, and we at uga own that excuse. not auburn.

yes, when you ADD in the rest of the stat line------14-27 passing.

listen, he is a great athlete. but he is lacking as a complete QB.

you cant omit certain stats to make it better. you have to look at the body of work.

and it was 217 yards passing, not 230. and it was 8 ypa.

I'm not saying he's a great QB or even a good QB. I'm saying he can complete just enough passes to keep the defense honest. 14/27 is bad. Pathetic. Yes. But 230 and 8.5 is good. That's what the stat line said last night when I posted it.

I know Nick Marshall is not a good passing QB. Try telling me something I don't know. I was never trying to say otherwise. Just saying he did pretty well for someone who's "not a real QB." as he was called. That's all I did.

i agree with this. it sucks to be a sore winner and loser.

i also remember QUITE a bit of smack talk before the game.

at least he can be man enough to own up to it.

and he blamed the refs for the loss, and we at uga own that excuse. not auburn.

I didn't blame the refs for the loss. AU lost the game fair and square.

I'm not saying he's a great QB or even a good QB. I'm saying he can complete just enough passes to keep the defense honest. 14/27 is bad. Pathetic. Yes. But 230 and 8.5 is good. That's what the stat line said last night when I posted it.

I know Nick Marshall is not a good passing QB. Try telling me something I don't know. I was never trying to say otherwise. Just saying he did pretty well for someone who's "not a real QB." as he was called. That's all I did.

and another note i was not overly impressed by Jameis either. i think the d lines on both sides of the ball played a roll in that as well.

I didn't blame the refs for the loss. AU lost the game fair and square.

go back and read your posts............

You just finished #2 and are still the most defensive poster on this forum.

It's my job as a fan to defend my team against all naysayers. That's part of what being a fan means. Unless you think being a fan means something different.