Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Bcs National Championship Game

645 posts in this topic

He still looked very young on that run. Like I said I don't know why he's been relegated to a backup role. He can still get the job done. Always thought he would have a monster career because unlike Carnell Williams there wasn't the injury concerns with him.

When you have the number 2 back in the league on your team (Woodhead), it's hard to get touches.

Bill Brasky likes this

When you have the number 2 back in the league on your team (Woodhead), it's hard to get touches.

Right but he hasn't gotten the majority of the touches on a team for several years now. The last year he was great and did was 2008.

It was pretty much all downhill for Ronnie after he was signed as part of the Eagle's self-anointed 2011 "Dream Team." Still, he's 32 years old and getting paid to play running back in the NFL, and not many guys can say that.

I was presently surprised by how well Tim Tebow did on the broadcast tonight. Also he predicted 35-31 FSU. Not bad.

Where did this happen?

Just feel lucky you're too young to remember. smile.png

i remember those years very well. a little too well. i remember that idiot of a coach Ray "yella wood" Goff telling the Georgia players to stay on the pile against Auburn at the end of the game cause he knew we couldnt stop them.

It was pretty much all downhill for Ronnie after he was signed as part of the Eagle's self-anointed 2011 "Dream Team." Still, he's 32 years old and getting paid to play running back in the NFL, and not many guys can say that.

he hasn't done anything for a while and i was like you i had forgotten he was even in the league til this weekend.. phillip rivers is such an awesome player.. people underestimate how great of a qb he is imo.

he hasn't done anything for a while and i was like you i had forgotten he was even in the league til this weekend.. phillip rivers is such an awesome player.. people underestimate how great of a qb he is imo.

Rivers is a total class act. I'd love to see him hoist the Lombardi while giving a shout-out to Fouts

SacFalcFan likes this

He's not Bo but then again who is?

agree there is no other auburn rb that is as good as bo. tre is no bo. i wonder if auburn can get jovon robinson to come to them after juco.. if you guys can he is a freaking beast and would fit your scheme perfectly.. it seems like jovon wants alabama, but not sure alabama feels the same. if i am gus i go all in for jovon.

Rivers is a total class act. I'd love to see him hoist the Lombardi while giving a shout-out to Fouts

yeah i am rooting for the chargers, but beating denver is going to be tough.. they can beat the new england/colts winner if they get past denver.

14/27 (51.8), 230 YDS (8.5), 2 TD, 1 INT

Not bad for someone who's not a real QB.

your numbers are a little different than what i saw........

Passing Leaders

Florida State C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT Auburn C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT Winston 20/35 237 6.8 2 0 Marshall 14/27 217 8.0 2 1

even you will agree that defensive line and tre mason kept you in the game till the end. marshall, while incredibly talented, missed crucial throws and is still very raw.

yeah i am rooting for the chargers, but beating denver is going to be tough.. they can beat the new england/colts winner if they get past denver.

Confidence is half the battle and having beat them in Denver already means something.

Still have to get pressure on Manning or confidence won't mean squat.

i know most understand this, but 50% completion rate is not good at all for any qb.. it's pretty bad actually especially in college where qbs tend to have much higher completion. nick marshall for as good of a runner he is frankly just isn't very good passer yet, but he has time to improve this offseason. hey auburn fans i was wondering, but do you guys have a special team's coach? last night's game you gave up a fake punt, missed a chip shot field goal, and gave up a bigtime kick return for a td. tough night for whoever coaches that.

Confidence is half the battle and having beat them in Denver already means something.

Still have to get pressure on Manning or confidence won't mean squat.

yep agreed on the confidence and like you said they have to make manning feel uncomfortable with some pressure. manning is a great qb, but like any other qb you make them uncomfortable and you affect their play.

i know most understand this, but 50% completion rate is not good at all for any qb.. it's pretty bad actually especially in college where qbs tend to have much higher completion. nick marshall for as good of a runner he is frankly just isn't very good passer yet, but he has time to improve this offseason. hey auburn fans i was wondering, but do you guys have a special team's coach? last night's game you gave up a fake punt, missed a chip shot field goal, and gave up a bigtime kick return for a td. tough night for whoever coaches that.

Scott Fountain is our Special Teams and TE's coach. Parkey's miss was a fluke, the kid has been as clutch as they come. The fake punt is what it is, we blew it. The kickoff replay showed one guy leave his lane and another go down with what looked like a hammy. That was all the space they needed.

that stiff arm on the auburn dlineman was awesome by jamis winston..

Found this on some highlights and snipped it.

Heisman.jpg

I can't even imagine how happy FSU's ginger mascot must be right now.

wCC1l1D.jpg

Ahh yes....Red Lightning. I'm so glad that they brought him out for the game. Seeing Renegade and Cheif Osceola do the pregame spear throw and Red Lightning on the sidelines were big highlights of the game for me.

http://bleacherrepor...s-red-lightning

Frankie Grizzle-Malgrat: Everything You Need to Know About FSU's 'Red Lightning'

hi-res-7970992_crop_north.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports

Maybe you thought the secret to Florida State's success this season was Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston. Or a defense that allowed just 10.7 points per game, tops in the nation. Or, you know, a fairly easy schedule.

Wrong.

The secret to Florida State's success this year is the team's equipment manager and ball boy on game days, Frankie Grizzle-Malgrat—or, as he's affectionately called, "Red Lightning."

Just look at this man at work. An inspiration to us all.

OK, OK, so Red Lightning doesn't actually affect anything on the field. But you have to admit, his exuberance about the Florida State football team is pretty fun to watch.

So who is this guy? Jeremy Fowler of CBS Sports has the details:

After finishing two years of junior college and enrolling at FSU, Grizzle-Malgrat wasted little time contacting the head of FSU football equipment through a mutual friend. He was looking for work. He would wash uniforms, collect footballs, whatever.

He now works in tandem with Tyler O'Brien as equipment managers (he's a ball boy only on game days). During the week, he helps wash uniforms and organize the locker room.

He also has a special assignment: Jameis Winston.

"I've been put in charge of taking care of Jameis," Grizzle-Malgrat said. "I make sure Jameis has what he needs, nothing to worry about, helmets are OK, shoulder pads, him especially."

Famous Jameis and famous Red Lightning—quite the pair.

According to Fowler, Grizzle-Malgrat played high school ball on the offensive line at Key West High but didn't have the size to play at the next level. Instead, he ultimately became the team's equipment manager as a way to break into the football business.

And along the way, he became a national football icon on social media. Not too shabby.

He's been called college football's biggest thing since Katherine Webb. He's probably the most famous Florida State fan since Jenn Sterger. He's even had his own Reddit AMA and has one heck of a verification photo too.

He's that blur of red beard you see racing down the sidelines when a Florida State player is running for a touchdown. He'll make sure the Seminoles don't retaliate after a big hit. He celebrates every big play. And, you know, he performs his ball-boy duties.

If college football is all about pageantry and passion, Red Lightning might just be the perfect representation of what the sport is all about. And he's also using his newfound fame to do some good, raising awareness for the Kidz1stFund, which supports research to fight Fanconi anemia, a rare blood disease that Seminoles head coach Jimbo Fisher's son, Ethan, suffers from.

Sure, he won't have any actual affect on the game, but few things in college football have been more fun than seeing Red Lightning bolt down the sideline. Auburn may have its War Eagle, but Florida State will surely take its Red Lightning any day of the week.

Billy Ocean likes this

Someone's bitter that their son didn't bring home another crystal ball........

BdWqT6SCAAAcXPx.jpg

AJ McCarron’s mom, Dee Dee Bonner, made it no secret she was rooting for Auburn in Monday night’s BCS National Championship and she had some not-so-kind words for Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston as he delivered his postgame speech.

Winston, the Heisman Trophy winner, was named the game’s offensive MVP and answered a few questions for the television cameras and the crowd.

"I said guys, we didn't come here for no reason,” Winston said. “I said, 'Guys, this is ours, man.' All the adversity we went through the first few quarters, it was ours to take. And like I've been saying, we control our own destiny, And those men looked me in my eye and said 'We got this Jameis.' I said, 'Are you strong?' They said, ‘I'm strong if you strong.’ I said, 'We strong then.'"

Winston went on to answer several questions and while the answers might not have been wholly articulate, they were absolutely in English.

Bonner tweeted an apology later in the evening, claiming her initial tweet was not meant to be racist.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/aj-mccarron-mother-asks-jameis-winston-speaking-english-055812413--ncaaf.html

Where did this happen?

He, Manziel and other guests and network personalities were dropping in on espn2 on a megacast... it was okay, kinda like a webcam of you guys together commenting on a Falcons game.