Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Bcs National Championship Game

645 posts in this topic

Unbelievable game played tonight. I have a lot of respect for AU. They confused FSU the whole game and so close. Not here to rub it in just to say WOW. These teams will probably see each other end of this year. Auburn fans should be proud of their team. Till the playoffs

Alabama did it back to back without a gimmick offense.

The college spread offense is not a gimmick, in fact Alabama bucked the trend winning with it those years. The Zone read and the Spread offense are the future of college football, you either embrace it or you end up like UGA. dry.pngdry.pngdry.png

/dont ban me Sac laugh.png

laugh.png You're like one of those comfort people they hand the losers of the Spelling Bee over too.

lol, just trying to cheer them up some smile.png I'm excited about them too though, so they are on my radar as well.

The college spread offense is not a gimmick, in fact Alabama bucked the trend winning with it those years. The Zone read and the Spread offense are the future of college football, you either embrace it or you end up like UGA. dry.pngdry.pngdry.png

Dude that shyt Auburn is running is not what I think of when you say "spread". They are running the triple option from shotgun. A defensive back is playing QB. I dont want that shyt spreading to the NFL either. It will be the death of the quarterback position.

Dude that shyt Auburn is running is not what I think of when you say "spread". They are running the triple option from shotgun. A defensive back is playing QB. I dont want that shyt spreading to the NFL either. It will be the death of the quarterback position.

No **** hence the term "bucked the trend."

The college spread offense is not a gimmick, in fact Alabama bucked the trend winning with it those years. The Zone read and the Spread offense are the future of college football, you either embrace it or you end up like UGA.

angry.pngbiggrin.png seriously though lsu won a few times with pro style systems and alabama won 3 with pro style systems.. it doesn't matter what system you run as long you are good at it and as we saw this year with auburn besides staying healthy you also got to get some luck go your way on a title run.

seriously though lsu won a few times with pro style systems and alabama won 3 with pro style systems.. it doesn't matter what system you run as long you are good at it and as we saw this year with auburn besides staying healthy you also got to get some luck go your way on a title run.

True, but LSU's attempt at "pro style offense" those years was unsure.pngwacko.pngblink.pngohmy.pnglaugh.png

angry.pngbiggrin.png seriously though lsu won a few times with pro style systems and alabama won 3 with pro style systems.. it doesn't matter what system you run as long you are good at it and as we saw this year with auburn besides staying healthy you also got to get some luck go your way on a title run.

Yeah, and having a defense helps. One common denominator. While this game was high scoring, I think the defenses were good. The offenses were just great as well.

I'm glad FSU didn't win on that kickoff return though. I was rooting for the Noles but if it didn't end with Jamies Winston leading a TD drive it would have felt empty.

I may have underestimated his game tho

ugmantu.jpg?w=640&h=402

“People ask how I am and what I’m up to,” he said. “And I just tell them I’m living the dream. This whole season has been the best moment. What a wonderful ride we’re on right now.”

mookie3127 likes this

Yeah, and having a defense helps. One common denominator. While this game was high scoring, I think the defenses were good. The offenses were just great as well.

defense wasn't what got auburn to the title game.. they weren't a great defense.. they gave up 24 points a game and was one of the worst in total defense in the sec.. they however had the offense to get them to the title game.. tonight their defense played maybe their best game of the season and you are right regarding fsu's defense..

I may think differently if we ever get a shot, but as of now, I hope Georgia never has to resort to that type of offense. There is something to be said for your team having a real QB on the field.

14/27 (51.8), 230 YDS (8.5), 2 TD, 1 INT

Not bad for someone who's not a real QB.