Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Bcs National Championship Game

645 posts in this topic

I'm sure it's been said earlier in this thread but it only dawned on me halfway through this game when the announcers were talking about Malzahn's history including the 2010 Auburn team ... there probably wasn't a bigger FSU fan tonight than Gene Chizik.

i don't know gene at all, but i doubt he was rooting against his own kids.

Why would he care?

Well, he might not. Then again, it's probably apparent to all that, Newton aside, it was Malzahn and not Chizik who was responsible for that team's success.

yep that's why some of our fans who are clueless regarding our rivalries need to do a refresher on our records verses them. it was amazing how bad ray goff was and jim donnan was. i remember that stretch of games.. i was at plenty of them.

Considering the Gator rivalry at the time was no better (or maybe even a little worse) it's pretty dark indeed. My memories are pretty fuzzy of those years (born in 89') and I knew things wearn't the best but that's pretty eye opening.

Edit

UGA beat Florida once in 97' so I guess that makes UGA like 1-19 against Tennesssee and Florida throughout the 90'ssad.png

Well, he might not. Then again, it's probably apparent to all that, Newton aside, it was Malzahn and not Chizik who was responsible for that team's success.

Malzahn probably figured the HC job at Auburn wouldn't be open for a while so he had to make his own path to HC.

biggest comeback in bcs history they just said.. it was a great game.. great back and forth with momentum..

Considering the Gator rivalry at the time was no better (or maybe even a little worse) it's pretty dark indeed. My memories are pretty fuzzy of those years (born in 89') and I knew things wearn't the best but that's pretty eye opening.

Edit

UGA beat Florida once in 97' so I guess that makes UGA like 1-19 against Tennesssee and Florida throughout the 90'ssad.png

Just feel lucky you're too young to remember. smile.png

I may think differently if we ever get a shot, but as of now, I hope Georgia never has to resort to that type of offense. There is something to be said for your team having a real QB on the field.

biggest comeback in bcs history they just said.. it was a great game.. great back and forth with momentum..

Apparently they're also the first team to win after trailing at the half.

Apparently they're also the first team to win after trailing at the half.

yep that is another stat they pointed out.. just shows how big of a comeback it was for them. congrats to the nole fans your team did a great job tonight proving you are champions..

82 days until Game of Thrones Season 4! cool.png

OMG I CAN'T WAIT. Seriously, this should be the best season yet, second half of ASOS is the best fiction I've ever read.

dmite likes this

Jameis has a unique way of speaking. It's like he's a character on a children's television show or something.

Sounds like a preacher to me.

Jameis has a unique way of speaking. It's like he's a character on a children's television show or something.

He speaks better English than Nick Marshall.

82 days until Game of Thrones Season 4! cool.png

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then UGA will win a national title, and not before.

AF89 and dmite like this

OMG I CAN'T WAIT. Seriously, this should be the best season yet, second half of ASOS is the best fiction I've ever read.

True Detective starts this coming Sunday and that looks promising too. So something nice to hold you over until then. smile.png

And I agree about ASOS. I've had a hard time getting going in Feast for Crows.

He has had a dream year. He is a freshman, Heisman winner, and national champ! Im jealous. lol

I may think differently if we ever get a shot, but as of now, I hope Georgia never has to resort to that type of offense. There is something to be said for your team having a real QB on the field.

So you don't want to win a college national championship anytime soon?

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then UGA will win a national title, and not before.

georgia.jpg

^^^^Things have been better^^^

Gritzblitz 2.0 and Billy Ocean like this

Tyrion giving UGA the promise?