Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Bcs National Championship Game

645 posts in this topic

Auburn-FSU is actually a matchup I look forward to. Should be a good game, but I expect FSU to win by 14.

Off topic but it still amazes me that everyone but UGA can field a kickoff unit that puts it through the endzone every time. Kinda ridiculous.

They would have to bring out the Alabama National Guard for all the riots that would break out in this state.

hold up, you're from Alabama. That explains so much

A9xoQXE.jpg

You know those old laws, like oranges are illegal every third Tuesday that's a full moon, and sodomy laws that were instated in 1709? Well, Alabama has one: selling guns to kids gets a $500 fine; but a sex toy will get you $10,000 and a year in jail! While the archaic law was eventually challenged, it still remains a law today. The year the archaic law was created? 1998.[1]

In 2013, a government panel has recommended doing away with a section in state's 1901 constitution requiring separate schools for white and colored children. The group is hopeful they can overcome the opposition that retained the clause in a 2004 statewide vote.[3]

But what if its a "wand massager"?? ph34r.png

A9xoQXE.jpg

You know those old laws, like oranges are illegal every third Tuesday that's a full moon, and sodomy laws that were instated in 1709? Well, Alabama has one: selling guns to kids gets a $500 fine; but a sex toy will get you $10,000 and a year in jail! While the archaic law was eventually challenged, it still remains a law today. The year the archaic law was created? 1998.[1]

In 2013, a government panel has recommended doing away with a section in state's 1901 constitution requiring separate schools for white and colored children. The group is hopeful they can overcome the opposition that retained the clause in a 2004 statewide vote.[3]

The Constitution of the State of Alabama is the basic governing document of the U.S. state of Alabama. It was adopted in 1901 and is the sixth constitution that the state has had.

At 340,136 words, the document is 12 times longer than the average state constitution, 40 times longer than the U.S. Constitution, and is the longest still-operative constitution anywhere in the world.[1] (The English version of the Constitution of India, the longest national constitution, is about 117,369 words long, a third of the length.)

About 90 percent of the document's length, as of 2012, comes from its 856 amendments. About 75 percent of the amendments cover only a single county or city, and some deal with salaries of specific officials (e.g. Amendment 480 and the Greene County probate judge). This gives Alabama a large number of constitutional officers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Alabama

What do an Auburn student and an Alabama student have in common?

They both got in Alabama.

I got accepted to and turned down bama twice, for undergrad and law school. In hindsight, I probably should have gone there for law school because I would have probably less than half of the amount of student debt, but at that time I was already going to be 3 hours away from my daughter by going to Cumberland and didn't want the extra distance.

Actually what auburn fans and Alabama fans have in common is that neither went to the university of alabama

Haha.

Off topic but it still amazes me that everyone but UGA can field a kickoff unit that puts it through the endzone every time. Kinda ridiculous.

They used to blame our approach to kickoffs on Fabris, but he's long gone.

You're right, it makes no sense whatsoever. Here's a list of college kickers with a stronger leg than Marshall Morgan...

Kwe5h21.gif

Tre Mason is already in Pasadena, he ran there last night.

wouldn't be the first time an Auburn player skip classes. I think Charles Barkley is still trying to find Econ 101

Nick Saban: “We’re just going to show up at the BCS title game anyway”

DJ Gallo Dec 9th, 2013 0 Comment

Alabama has accepted a bid to play in the Sugar Bowl against Oklahoma on January 2nd, but head coach Nick Saban announced today that the Crimson Tide will also show up on January 6th at the BCS championship game “unless someone thinks they can stop us.”

“Congrats to Florida State on being undefeated, but I mean come on,” said Saban, smirking. “Who have they played? Of course, I respect their opportunity to play in the BCS title game and play they will, as long as they can get on the field through the tunnels which will be blocked by Alabama linemen. I guess we’ll see who’s on the field at kickoff.”

Alabama won the last two BCS championships and missed out on another undefeated season by a single score when Auburn ran back a missed field goal attempt as time expired in the final game of the season.

“No intelligent person thinks we shouldn’t still have an opportunity to defend our national titles because of one fluke play in one game,” said Saban to the assembled press. “Does anyone intelligent think that here? Show of hands. Who here is a moron? I thought so. No one thinks that. Now, am I willing to be gracious here and give Florida State an opportunity to play? I sure am. I just hope my boys can put up more of a fight than … Duke? Duke was it? They have a football team? Wow. Those **** conferences are full of amazing trivia.”

Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher says his team fully expects to take the field and compete in the BCS title game against Auburn.

“So Nick plans to make us get past his linemen to play in the game?” said Fisher. “The same guys who were on the field for that game-ending field goal return against Auburn? Yeah, I think we’ll be okay. They looked pretty easy to get past.”

http://www.sportspickle.com/2013/12/nick-saban-just-going-show-bcs-title-game-anyway

Falconsfan567 and SacFalcFan like this

Nick Saban: “We’re just going to show up at the BCS title game anyway”

DJ Gallo Dec 9th, 2013 0 Comment

Alabama has accepted a bid to play in the Sugar Bowl against Oklahoma on January 2nd, but head coach Nick Saban announced today that the Crimson Tide will also show up on January 6th at the BCS championship game “unless someone thinks they can stop us.”

“Congrats to Florida State on being undefeated, but I mean come on,” said Saban, smirking. “Who have they played? Of course, I respect their opportunity to play in the BCS title game and play they will, as long as they can get on the field through the tunnels which will be blocked by Alabama linemen. I guess we’ll see who’s on the field at kickoff.”

Alabama won the last two BCS championships and missed out on another undefeated season by a single score when Auburn ran back a missed field goal attempt as time expired in the final game of the season.

“No intelligent person thinks we shouldn’t still have an opportunity to defend our national titles because of one fluke play in one game,” said Saban to the assembled press. “Does anyone intelligent think that here? Show of hands. Who here is a moron? I thought so. No one thinks that. Now, am I willing to be gracious here and give Florida State an opportunity to play? I sure am. I just hope my boys can put up more of a fight than … Duke? Duke was it? They have a football team? Wow. Those **** conferences are full of amazing trivia.”

Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher says his team fully expects to take the field and compete in the BCS title game against Auburn.

“So Nick plans to make us get past his linemen to play in the game?” said Fisher. “The same guys who were on the field for that game-ending field goal return against Auburn? Yeah, I think we’ll be okay. They looked pretty easy to get past.”

http://www.sportspickle.com/2013/12/nick-saban-just-going-show-bcs-title-game-anyway

I guess I'm a huge moron

SEC fan already put $100 on the table at work. We're definitely gonna be beefing the next few weeks. Might even make a diss song about him lol

SEC fan already put $100 on the table at work. We're definitely gonna be beefing the next few weeks. Might even make a diss song about him lol

Looks like spread opened at FSU -7. I think that's about right. If it jumps up to FSU -9, I might take AU.

Sounds as if FSU may travel well to Pasadena....

http://espn.go.com/c...ts-topped-34000

FSU: Title-game requests top 34K

Florida State says it received more than 34,000 ticket requests from boosters for the VIZIO BCS National Championship.

No. 1 Florida State will face No. 2 Auburn for the national title Jan. 6 in Pasadena, Calif. The Seminoles' ticket office said the 34,000 requests received were nearly double the school's allotment.

Florida State boosters needed to have their title-game ticket requests in by 5 p.m. ET Tuesday after the matchup was announced Sunday. FSU currently is determining how many tickets each person will receive based on booster levels. Boosters can buy tickets at the face value of $325 or $385.

Florida State, the nation's only undefeated team, will face 12-1 Auburn, champion of the SEC, which has won the past seven national championships.

Florida State will play for the national title for the first time since the 2000 season, and quarterback Jameis Winston might have to stop in New York to pick up the Heisman Trophy before heading to Southern California. The Seminoles will be looking for their first BCS title since 1999.

Auburn has gone from worst in the SEC to first and is a victory away from its second national title in four seasons.