2014 Season Dissusion - Rb's And Wr's

As we all know... The 2013 season is over from a playoff stand point. With JJ gone till next season and RW playing 80% - 95% healthy. HD will continue to play a high snap count and Darious Johnson will get some more play time. As of now we have the following WR's on our team

Roddy white

Harry Douglas

Julio Jones

Calvin Cone

Darius Johnson

Drew Davis

So are we set here?

Then we have the RB situation with SJ, Vohn, Snelling, Quizz and Antone Smith.

Are we set here? Who would you look at if you could pick? Without talking Oline what is the best way to upgrade from what we have or should we keep this lot?

Discuss.

I'd say that, between Roddy, Julio, Harry, Darius, and Drew, we're set at WR. RB, imo though, is still a question mark. While I agree that the run blocking leaves quite a lot to be desired, I just don't think that Sjax is the answer. Will he be better behind an improve line? Sure, but all of our RBs will, so that's not really the point. Sjax needs to give way for the younger guys, but that'll never happen on this team. He' only OK at this point, and he's not going to get any better. We need to get younger and make room for guys that will improve and be the future of this team, and that's not Sjax, and it's not Snelling either. I want us to give more snaps to Quizz, Smith, and Vaughan, to see what they have. Then, after the season's over, cut Sjax and Snelling, and, after we've fixed the lines, draft a RB in the mid rounds, and switch to a true, young, RB by committee.

calvin

Calvin

CALVIN..................needs to be released. Never have been impressed with him as a WR and it should be pretty telling to everyone that even Darius Johnson started over the guy this season.

As far as RB, it will depend on if Sjax is released. I could see us doing it, but could also see us keeping him since his bad season is not really his fault as much as it is the O line and the lack of deep threat WR.

Even if we do keep Sjax then I would still like to take a RB in a later round. Not a scat back type because we have Antone and Quizz already. Not a huge fan of Vaughn but thats just my opinion. He has shown something in preseason.

calvin

Calvin

CALVIN..................needs to be released. Never have been impressed with him as a WR and it should be pretty telling to everyone that even Darius Johnson started over the guy this season.

As far as RB, it will depend on if Sjax is released. I could see us doing it, but could also see us keeping him since his bad season is not really his fault as much as it is the O line and the lack of deep threat WR.

Even if we do keep Sjax then I would still like to take a RB in a later round. Not a scat back type because we have Antone and Quizz already. Not a huge fan of Vaughn but thats just my opinion. He has shown something in preseason.

Good post. I too would love to see Cone gone myself.

Start with the Oline. Go from there. A good Oline can make Bankerbird look good in the run game.

Outside of Antone's three big runs this season, none of our RBs have averaged 4.0 ypc the last two years.

That includes Steven Jackson, Michael Turner, Jacquizz Rogers and Jason Snelling.

Dimi has struggled mightily trying to build an OLine. And a DLine.

Cut Vaughn ( never gets a chance to play) and Quizz (does a little of everything but excels only at blocking.) Play blocking TE who could also catch out of the backfield.

Cut Calvin Cone and draft Andre Williams in 4h or 5th round .

Your reason for cutting Vaughan doesn't make sense, especially with this coaching staff. Your reason for cutting Quizz is also incredibly flawed.

Also, Andre Williams is completely one dimensional as a RB. He can't catch, and he can't pass protect. Having him on the field would just be a liability, that would give away our intentions, from the moment he's on the field.

I think we're set at both positions for at least next year. We have an abundance of starting-caliber WR's, and between Smith, Quizz, and SJax i think our RB squad is as good as we need it to be; get a few decent run blockers and they'll be one of the better RB corps' in the league.

I think we're set at both positions for at least next year. We have an abundance of starting-caliber WR's, and between Smith, Quizz, and SJax i think our RB squad is as good as we need it to be; get a few decent run blockers and they'll be one of the better RB corps' in the league.

Agree for next year

As we all know... The 2013 season is over from a playoff stand point. With JJ gone till next season and RW playing 80% - 95% healthy. HD will continue to play a high snap count and Darious Johnson will get some more play time. As of now we have the following WR's on our team

Roddy white

Harry Douglas

Julio Jones

Calvin Cone

Darius Johnson

Drew Davis

So are we set here?

Then we have the RB situation with SJ, Vohn, Snelling, Quizz and Antone Smith.

Are we set here? Who would you look at if you could pick? Without talking Oline what is the best way to upgrade from what we have or should we keep this lot?

Discuss.

Cone or D. Davis will be let loose. Apparently they have been beat out by Darius Johnson. So kiss of them goodbye.

RB situation is great someone has the talent they just aren't being placed on the field to show. Antone Smith got a chance and did his thing. But I feel as if the coach sometimes doesn't give everyone the proper opportunity to get some game time experience. Just my 3 cents.

Cone or D. Davis will be let loose. Apparently they have been beat out by Darius Johnson. So kiss of them goodbye.

Is it Cone or Davis that's a ST wiz for us? I think it's Cone and if so that could very well keep him on over Davis, despite Davis' higher upside at WR.

We are good at both positions and do not have a great need to get anyone at either position. But at RB we may need a fast quick hitting RB IF MS doesn't give A. Smith the opportunity. SJax looks like he should be given a pass but his contract has some$$$ and that may be better served for $$$ on lines on both sides. I would seriously look at drafting 4.3 in the forty Dri Archer who is a KR/WR/RB in the 5th round so he can help out at several positions