Dimi Defensive Line Redo

Let's face it folks, Dimi doesn't know how to build a Dline. He's been trying for six years now and has failed miserably. Lest not forget, McKay inherited Patrick Kerney then brought John Abraham, Rod Coleman, Grady Jackson, Jonathan Babineaux and Chauncey Davis to ATL in his first three years.

Starters - John Abraham, Jonathan Babineaux, Grady Jackson, Jamaal Anderson

Reserves - Kroy Biermann, Chauncey Davis, Trey Lewis, Kindal Moorehead, Simon Fraser, Jason Jefferson

Redo - could have taken Cliff Avril in the third instead of Harry Douglas since Busterson was showing early bust signs

Starters - John Abraham, Jonathan Babineaux, Peria Jerry, Jamaal Anderson

Reserves - Kroy Biermann, Vance Walker, Chauncey Davis, Trey Lewis, Lawrence Sidbury, Thomas Johnson

Redo - should have kept Grady one more year and used the Jelly pick on either Clay Matthews, Hakeem Nicks or Vontae Davis

Starters - John Abraham, Jonathan Babineaux, Peria Jerry, Jamaal Anderson

Reserves - Kroy Biermann, Vance Walker, Chauncey Davis, Trey Lewis, Lawrence Sidbury, Corey Peters

Redo - could have taken Geno Adkins in the fourth instead of Joe Hawley, then Greg Hardy in the sixth instead of Schann Schillinger. Peppers was also an option, albeit an expensive one. And please don't give me that hindsight bush it cause many mocker fockers here were mocking them on TATF

Starters - John Abraham, Jonathan Babineaux, Corey Peters, Ray Edwards

Reserves - Kroy Biermann, Vance Walker, Cliff Matthews, Carlton Powell, Lawrence Sidbury, Peria Jerry

Redo - after passing on Peppers in 2010, at least he tried to get Charles Johnson in 2011. Unfortunately he lowballed him. If CJ wasn't feasible he could have signed anybody but RayRay. Babin would have been better, even coming from a wide nine scheme. Of course he also traded up for Julio here, while passing on Muhammad Wilkerson, Jabaal Sheard and Cameron Jordan

Starters - John Abraham, Jonathan Babineaux, Corey Peters, Ray Edwards

Reserves - Kroy Biermann, Vance Walker, Cliff Matthews, Travian Robertson, Lawrence Sidbury, Peria Jerry, Jonathan Massaqoui

Redo - DLine would have been set at this point with no major holes if he had made just one or two of the moves mentioned above. Probably could have won his first Lombardi here

Starters - Osi Umenyioura, Jonathan Babineaux, Corey Peters, Kroy Biermann

Reserves - Cliff Matthews, Travian Robertson, Stansley Maponga, Peria Jerry, Jonathan Massaqoui, Mallaciah Goodman

Redo - even after the previous screw ups he could have easily resigned Vance and kept Abe for one or two more years. The Panties put on a clinic and built a helluva DLine while Thomas was stepping on his weenie. Dimitroffed. Our Dline could have looked something like:

RDE - Abe and Hardy

RDT - Babineaux and Vance

LDT - Geno and Peters

LDE - CJ and Beirmann

Hardy and Vance could have replaced Abe and Babineaux in 2014 when cap issues started to creep in.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the thread. Hopefully since we all know TD and Smitty are getting a mulligan the first thing they do is fire the sh*t out of Huggybear. Then hire the best Dline coach available. Heck steal one from another team if they can. Then TD should listen to the new coach and draft who he wants.

Sadly that's the only scenario I see working for Dimi.

and the common denominator is Ray Hamilton. out of all the defensive linemen we've had only Babs & Abe has produced. do you seriously think that EVERY player drafted on the D-line has been a bust? from my understanding, when Ray Edwards was here coach Smith said he was doing his job exactly how he was supposed to, and Ray said when they cut him, he was told it wasn't because he wasn't doing his job. so if Ray was doing exactly as he was told and Sidbury was doing as he was told but wasn't seeing the field, and Vance Walker was producing but barely seeing the field, how do you put that on Dimi?

On top of the hindsight issue, most mocks done on this board are Georgia school heavy and SEC heavy. When you list 2 players who went to UGA and a third who was from the SEC then you just sound like a guy who wanted what he saw week in and week out, not a draft Nostradamus.

You may not be the type of poster to do that, but it wouldn't be shocking.

On top of the hindsight issue, most mocks done on this board are Georgia school heavy and SEC heavy. When you list 2 players who went to UGA and a third who was from the SEC then you just sound like a guy who wanted what he saw week in and week out, not a draft Nostradamus.

You may not be the type of poster to do that, but it wouldn't be shocking.

Haha.. so true.

I always get a kick when the mocks are basically all UGA and SEC. Some people around here get militant with that sh*t. SEC or nothing!! lol

Hamilton has coached other defensive lines to success. He even coached Falcon DLines in 2009, 2010 and 2011 that were 12th, 10th and 6th in rush yards allowed.

The problem is the pass rushing talent he has been given by Dimi. It has gotten progressively worse since 2008. The 2008 DLine he inherited in 2008 got 31 of our 33 sacks (94.0%). That number has decreased year over year. The 2013 DLine has 15 of our 22 sacks (68.2%)

isn t that exactly what this whole thread is?

No. This thread is about a man who is a highly paid professional talent evaluator who has royally screwed up several times in the building of our NFL franchise. A GM who -should- know better than us unpaid and less informed fans....but apparently does not.

I mean....Schillinger over Hardy? Really???

This is one reason why our mid to late round picks rarely amount to anything much at all.

Like the thread. Hopefully since we all know TD and Smitty are getting a mulligan the first thing they do is fire the sh*t out of Huggybear. Then hire the best Dline coach available. Heck steal one from another team if they can. Then TD should listen to the new coach and draft who he wants.

Sadly that's the only scenario I see working for Dimi.

Bill Johnson is a coach for our DL that I would prefer, but he is a Saint now. Living proof that some position coaches shoiuld be kept no matter what.

Boudreau was, or is, one of the best O line coaches around. I understand he blistered some butts while he was here. I sincerely doubt out O line would be the mess it is if Boudreau was still here.

So we might want to be careful calling for Hamilton's head. His replacement might be far less than we want, kind of like Hill has been for our O line.

Edited by egoprime II

Dimi's problem is he depleted the left side of the DLine with Jelly, Peters, RayRay, Mass and Beirmann. Neither can really stop the run. None of em can get to a QB. Look around the league. Just about every team has a better DLine. Is our DLine even on the same planet with CAR, SEA, BUF, SF, KC, BAL, ARI, MIA, IND, STL, TB, PIT............................? I don't think so. Fk hindsight. Dimi has fkd up our DLine. Sad thing is he did the same to our OLine. Rise mofos.

Hamilton has coached other defensive lines to success. He even coached Falcon DLines in 2009, 2010 and 2011 that were 12th, 10th and 6th in rush yards allowed.

The problem is the pass rushing talent he has been given by Dimi. It has gotten progressively worse since 2008. The 2008 DLine he inherited in 2008 got 31 of our 33 sacks (94.0%). That number has decreased year over year. The 2013 DLine has 15 of our 22 sacks (68.2%)

You can be such a $&@$ sometimes. We get that you hate TD. I thought his 2008 draft was superb and he's been pretty average since then until this year. Love how you try to claim how good mckay was at Dline drafting/FA and yet completely skip over the fact he drafted Jamaal Anderson with our highest pick at dline. You know we could have had Patrick Willis with that pick! I bet you were one of the ones also who wanted Dorsey over Ryan (ftr I was and I'm happy to say I was dimitroffed there).

Dimi's problem is he depleted the left side of the DLine with Jelly, Peters, RayRay, Mass and Beirmann. Neither can really stop the run. None of em can get to a QB. Look around the league. Just about every team has a better DLine. Is our DLine even on the same planet with CAR, SEA, BUF, SF, KC, BAL, ARI, MIA, IND, STL, TB, PIT............................? I don't think so. Fk hindsight. Dimi has fkd up our DLine. Sad thing is he did the same to our OLine. Rise mofos.

Wait so you say that Hamilton coaches the Dline to success including multiple top 10 run defenses....yet you say the EXACT PLAYERS he coached can not stop the run???

Hail naw. Not when they are mocking before free agency and the draft, that's foresight son. Please tell me you understand that.

So because ONE person mocked a player to the Falcons Dimi should have known that Geno was going to be a super star.

Strong fukin logic oldie.

Newsflash: 31 other GM's passed on Geno 4-5 times. Fire everybody