Gary Kubiak Fired

Kevo

Can't say that this is a surprise.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/06/gary-kubiak-fired-by-texans-after-11th-straight-loss/

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports has reported that the Texans have fired coach Gary Kubiak, who is expected at a press conference soon.

Kubiak has already told his assistants he has been fired.

The 52-year-old Kubiak built the Texans gradually into a contender, and won 22 games the previous two seasons.

But things bottomed out this year, and last night’s 11th-straight loss dropped him to 61-64 all-time as a head coach.

Edited by Kevo

yeah I agree about the Texans

I blame lazy players. I don't think Kubiak suddenly, for the first time in a long time, changed everything about himself and his style of coaching. His players probably got lazy and after making it to the playoffs in b2b years, came into the season automatically assuming that could coast into another postseason.

Because I thought I remember this being in your predictions for 2013, you know, those exacting, moneyball predictions you've recently become famous for. Remember?

lol oh ok. if it ever happens ill have to check back and see if i said that. i have a feeling you're right

Kubiak would probably get the most out of White/JJ/Ryan/Quiz/Sjax.. if he was the Falcons HC or at the very least, their OC. The Texans always had a somewhat explosive offense , both in passing and rushing.

Won't happen though... Smith is there for another year, I think the guy has earned another year. one down year out of six, is nothing.

Kubiak would probably get the most out of White/JJ/Ryan/Quiz/Sjax.. if he was the Falcons HC or at the very least, their OC. The Texans always had a somewhat explosive offense , both in passing and rushing.

Won't happen though... Smith is there for another year, I think the guy has earned another year. one down year out of six, is nothing.

Until you consider their playoff record under him....

Its funny how the UGA fans in Georgia want Richt's and Grantham's heads, but Smith's seat isnt even warm. SMH.

Its funny how the UGA fans in Georgia want Richt's and Grantham's heads, but Smith's seat isnt even warm. SMH.

That is true, too.. Kubiak in two postseason appearances, has a playoff record of 2-2.

Smith's playoff record is............ 1-4? .

smith has lost alot of support, not sure what you're referring too. theres some who are afraid of life after Smith considering what it was like before he got here. they're the same ones who suggest we keep our retiring players as position coaches because they can't let go.

blank has done more towards the culture change than smith, not sure why some are so hung on him. probably also uga fans who consider sec championship appearances as an accomplishment and hold richt in the same light as saban and miles

smith has lost alot of support, not sure what you're referring too. theres some who are afraid of life after Smith considering what it was like before he got here. they're the same ones who suggest we keep our retiring players as position coaches because they can't let go.

blank has done more towards the culture change than smith, not sure why some are so hung on him. probably also uga fans who consider sec championship appearances as an accomplishment and hold richt in the same light as saban and miles

1) I dont know many Falcons fans that want Smith fired.

2) On a level playing field Richt would have at least 2 rings right now (02 and 07). This is why a playoff system being in place next year is such a great thing. The BCS robbed many good teams of their chances.