We Don't Need An Elite Te

Southsacfalcon

I have always believed that our offense in 2008 looked better than any I've seen after. Again I'm talking about the eye test. No disrespect but, when we picked up Tony G, third downs have been dependant on him getting one inch of seperation. Again, I know they are stats that say I'm wrong but, I just speaking on what I've seen. Am I crazy? If so, someone please set me straight

between Coffman and Toilolo, we got guys that can catch as well as open up the seem route. if Tony G was giving us 8 TDs a year the two of them can give us 4 each. we become more explosive with HD as a 3rd option and Roddy becomes our possession receiver that also take the top off the defense

Nobody NEEDS an elite TE, which is why it was absolutely ridiculous how many people freaked last year when we thought TG was gone, wondering what in the world we were gonna do, and even suggesting remarkably stupid things like drafting a TE in the 1st RD.

It'll be a very unpopular position I'm sure, but TG has hurt Matt Ryan more than he's helped him. IMO.

Nobody NEEDS an elite TE, which is why it was absolutely ridiculous how many people freaked last year when we thought TG was gone, wondering what in the world we were gonna do, and even suggesting remarkably stupid things like drafting a TE in the 1st RD.

It'll be a very unpopular position I'm sure, but TG has hurt Matt Ryan more than he's helped him. IMO.

Your not alone, I'm with you on that

ya know when we signed Tony in 2009 i was real excited because we had a great offense already and i think all these big names kinda slowed down the development of Ryan over the years, he got to where he would rely on a Tony G and stare him down or Julio Jones i mean in 2008 Roddy White wasnt a Pro Bowl receiver he became a great receiver when Ryan got here and Joe Horn helped him mature in 2007. I think Justin Peele was good for Ryan, i honestly think adding all these big name receivers for Ryan was a bit pre mature and slowed down his development, I think if we would have upgraded our lines and defense over 2008-2012 then waited til now to bring in big name receivers Ryan would be a better QB. JMO.