This Does Scare Me A Little

atljbo

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1878186-cowboys-quarterback-tony-romo-getting-better-with-age

The front-runner to go first is South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney. But he is not a slam dunk. Every front-office man you talk to about Clowney will tell you that he's not completely comfortable with Clowney and that he needs to do more homework on him.

Scouts like everything they see in Clowney once the ball is snapped. One thought he could break 4.4 in the 40-yard dash at 270 pounds. Two others said he clearly is the most talented player in the draft.

“There is nothing he can’t do when he decides to do it,” a national scout said. “The problem is he doesn’t always want to do it.”

It has been well documented that Clowney plays and practices only when he feels like it. Other red flags with Clowney, according to multiple front-office men, are his unusual family situation, his entourage, his inconsistent work ethic and the fact that he has worn out his welcome at South Carolina. Some suspect he is motivated strictly by money, and a big payday could leave him too satisfied.

TD kinda hinted at this also yesterday.... He said about Clowny...

"Its no doubt he is one of the best that came thru in a long time, His ability on the field WHEN HE TURNS IT ON its special. He is a Special talent"

Man... This probably dont matter if we win this week but if we got Clowny I would beg this team to get a chuck smith... He will need a D-line Coach he respects and will keep him in line... A Terry Robiski type D-line Coach.... It scares me when ppl say a guy just want the big pay day...

The payday for rookies isn't a huge one anymore though. Not even for top 5 picks. If he pulled an Aaron Curry or Jamarcus Russell he'd be broke in 3 years. If he's going to quit it will be Albert Haynesworth style.

No we talking Haynesworth... They already said Jay Z will be his rep... We just seen what the Roc can do in negoiations.... It scares me that the guy be a beast for 4 years then get paid top DE money from us then he hits a Hayneworth/ Nnamdi

Terry Robiskie type D line coach is a perfect way to describe it.

I am not worried 1 bit if we take the guy. I think once he gets on an NFL team all that will change. The dude is a competitor and the NFL is the ultimate competition.

Regardless, I dont think we will be in a position to take him anyways, but if we did i would have full confidence in the kid

Terry Robiskie type D line coach is a perfect way to describe it.

I am not worried 1 bit if we take the guy. I think once he gets on an NFL team all that will change. The dude is a competitor and the NFL is the ultimate competition.

Regardless, I dont think we will be in a position to take him anyways, but if we did i would have full confidence in the kid

Man i know someone who was in the NBA and man.... Its alot of stuff including family that can bring down a good player... It scares me when a player is driven by money and have off the field problems.

I would feel wayyyy better with a chuck smith (even tho haynesworth was with him) or rod marinelli

Man i know someone who was in the NBA and man.... Its alot of stuff including family that can bring down a good player... It scares me when a player is driven by money and have off the field problems.

I would feel wayyyy better with a chuck smith (even tho haynesworth was with him) or rod marinelli

But the "driven by money" thing is pretty much all hear say right now. No one knows how bad he really is. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now

But the "driven by money" thing is pretty much all hear say right now. No one knows how bad he really is. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now

When i hear "he has worn out his welcome at South Carolina" .... Those are coming from SC ppl ... Now this is coming from a guy that wanted Greg Hardy and his school bashed him... But thats different then a top 3 pick..

Im not saying i dont wont Clowney ... Im just saying ... Its deeper then just.. I aint playing to not get hurt.... Not comparing him the JA98... He is wayyyyyyyyyyy more special.. But i did hear he has that type freedom in thenm scheme..

David Pollack @davidpollack47 5 Dec

Clowney has more freedom on his pass rush then I can remember any1 having. DTackle is suppose to make him right.

We will see what happens... If we win sunday this dont even matter..lol

I share your concerns but all this could be disinfo. It happens every year. It must be hard being the GM with Clowney on the board with all these rumours flying around but I guess that's what scouts are for. At the end of the day, the only thing stopping Clowney from becoming a superstar is Clowney himself. I get what TD means about when he's on, he's special. He doesn't bother against double teams which is a lot of what he's been seeing. Is it a legit concern? There's all the injury issues too which was actually the first thing that started putting me off about him.

Like I've said before when we were projected a top 3 pick, my first option would still be to trade down with a QB needy team and draft Mack. I just feel like that option would be much safer and better long term. If we were to select Clowney though, I do have full faith in the FO that they've done all their homework on him and he's going to be a stud. I don't do anywhere near the amount of work they do, that's why I'm not very confident about him.

http://bleacherrepor...better-with-age

TD kinda hinted at this also yesterday.... He said about Clowny...

"Its no doubt he is one of the best that came thru in a long time, His ability on the field WHEN HE TURNS IT ON its special. He is a Special talent"

Man... This probably dont matter if we win this week but if we got Clowny I would beg this team to get a chuck smith... He will need a D-line Coach he respects and will keep him in line... A Terry Robiski type D-line Coach.... It scares me when ppl say a guy just want the big pay day...

Sometimes GM's say things to try to make people fall.

Sometimes GM's say things to try to make people fall.

You don't think TD would read that far into things, do you? That a throw away comment on a radio show would sway another FO member?

I think its a legitimate concern....but I dont know that its a disqualifier. If I get 45 elite snaps out of 75 total snaps from Clowney, I'm probably pretty happy. He's a difference maker...and given how close the NFL is and how single plays can swing the results of a game, I'd be totally comfortable getting a guy like that.

I don't know that he's my "slam dunk" pick, but I'm certainly not scared of him

You don't think TD would read that far into things, do you? That a throw away comment on a radio show would sway another FO member?

I think its a legitimate concern....but I dont know that its a disqualifier. If I get 45 elite snaps out of 75 total snaps from Clowney, I'm probably pretty happy. He's a difference maker...and given how close the NFL is and how single plays can swing the results of a game, I'd be totally comfortable getting a guy like that.

I don't know that he's my "slam dunk" pick, but I'm certainly not scared of him

Hes not gonna play 75 snaps in an NFL game though. So that's not a real issue. You'd play him 50 snaps at most.

hence why i have been sayin no to clowney. attitude sucks, heart in question, work ethic up in the air. the only upside is the fact that top picks no longer require a ton of $ commitment that can set your franchise back for years.

Don't talk crap about a guy's heart if you have never spoken ot him in person. Quit with the BS. He's injured. That's it.

TD comments wasnt bad ... Its what every Gm is sayin ... when the dudes attack 1100%.. He is a best .. TD said the guy is a special player .. A guy that comes around every now and then .. a rare talent

i would take clowney . im just sayin tho ... i already know jay z will look for top notch money .. Mario Williams type money if clowney is what we think he is ... teams will do there research tho.

ive never been to worried about his on the field tho .. dude impact games in multiple ways