Kubiac Gone

PapaJoe

Just announced

WTH happened in Houston?

I realize they lost Mario Williams in free agency, Cushing to injury, Foster to injury and Schaub/Keenum were hot mess at QB. I guess that is enough - thought the Texans were a more solid team top-to-bottom than the Falcons - but guess not.

Should be a lesson to all of us - you lose 3-4 key pieces and you can go from the top-to-the-bottom really quick unless your QB is a HOF'er.

WTH happened in Houston?

I realize they lost Mario Williams in free agency, Cushing to injury, Foster to injury and Schaub/Keenum were hot mess at QB. I guess that is enough - thought the Texans were a more solid team top-to-bottom than the Falcons - but guess not.

Should be a lesson to all of us - you lose 3-4 key pieces and you can go from the top-to-the-bottom really quick unless your QB is a HOF'er.

Curse of the former Falcons QB's: Vick goes to Philly. Reid fired. Schaub goes to Texans. Kubiak fired.

WTH happened in Houston?

Texans have some great talent. QB is not one of them. But Schaub is better than this.

I think the Texans are an example of just how important the mental part of the game is. Tons of talent, but missing some spark or the toughness to win.

I do think losing a talent and team leading player like Williams had to hurt. Texan players see Mario go out and play hard and produce like Mario did...then he has to go elsewhere to get paid?

Long time Falcons fans know this feeling well. This exact same thing happened with Deion Sanders. That deflating feeling we all got when Sanders left Atlanta? That was just us fans.

Imagine how the players felt in Houston when Mario left.

Edited by egoprime II