The Fo Needs To Have On Motto Going Into Free Agency "no More Washed Up Superstars"

bdog 29

As much flak as TD's gotten for his drafting, people haven't really talked about his track record with free agents. I bring this up because I remember after we got Steven Jackson in the offseason, someone on another messageboard commented, "Osi and Jackson, the Falcons might have the best free agent signings of 2006." I feel like in the past few years, we've gone about free agency all wrong. The best free agent signing happen when you get guys in the prime of their careers or right as they begin their upswing. It might be a product of Mike Smith's risk adverse nature but we focus too much on guys who were good but have seen their best days.

I don’t mind grabbing older FAs for excellent prices. Asante played pretty good last till the injury. As far as SJax goes he looks very adequate behind a line with any resemblance of run blocking. Heck I'd go as far that Sjax plays at least one more season but this time we'll be trying our hardest to get an oline worth a dam*.

Sorry, don't agree. Osi has put up pretty good stats and would be beastly with Abe on the other side. SJax is a product of our HORRID OLine. The only RB we have with a decent YPC is Smith because he is quick enough to make up for our god-awful OL.

having Abe on the other side would not have helped Osi be more anything. Better play consistently from Babs and company would help make both defensive ends looks better.

Sjax needs to go. Is he OK? Maybe. Is he good? No. Not only that, but, the fact of the matter remains, that our running game will never really take off with him here. As long he's here, he's all that we'll see. Sjax will not improve. He is mediocre right now, and will only serve to keep younger talents off the field. Keeping him would just be a repeat of what we did with Turner, where we keep an aging RB for far longer than we should have. We need to draft a young mid round RB, and go to a true RB by committee.

having Abe on the other side would not have helped Osi be more anything. Better play consistently from Babs and company would help make both defensive ends looks better.

This

Would have gave our 3rd down defense WAY better pass rush while allowing a better rotation at RE to keep both of them fresh for the playoffs.

Consistent play from our DE's has been the bain of this teams existence defensively for nie on a decade we have been to much of a 1 trick pony and smoke & mirrors type of deal.

Personally right now I don't care all I want is 2 consistent threats coming off the edge now wheather that is FA or Draft I could care less get it done I'm over all this excuse mentality for it.

#1 peeve that needs to be fixed TACKLING..

#2 peeve consistent pass rush we need to sought it once and for all.