Mitchell Backs Off Of His "brees Is Soft" Comments

Kevo

Ok Michael some which one is it? Or are you getting scared? ;)

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfcsouth&id=52914&src=desktop

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- One thing you can count on in politics and sports: Something you say one day is going to be brought back up again if it is remotely controversial or inflammatory.

It happened Wednesday to Carolina Panthers safety Mike Mitchell when he was reminded about calling New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees soft.

Mitchell made the comment on a Fox Sports L.A. podcast after the Saints defeated the San Francisco 49ers 23-20 in Week 11. It was in reference to a late sack of Brees in which safety Ahmad Brooks was penalized for a hit to the head and neck, negating a fumble.

"The thing that I hated about the play -- the whole thing -- and this is what these offensive guys are doing: They’re kind of running with it," Mitchell said on the podcast. "Drew Brees is throwing a fit in the postgame interview saying how he got hit in the chin and he was dazed, and all this other stuff. And it’s like, 'Dude, the replay clearly shows he did not even touch you in the chin.'

"Stop being soft, get up off the ground. You fumbled the football, that’s why the only reason you were acting like you were hurt, is so you could draw a flag."

So naturally, as the Panthers (9-3) prepare to face Brees and the Saints (9-3) on Sunday night in New Orleans, the comments resurfaced.

"I don’t really think he’s a soft player," Mitchell said Wednesday. "Obviously, he’s a very, very, very good quarterback, and I have a lot of respect for what he’s done as a player and what he’s done in this league.

"It was really just more of a comment on the rule changes. It was really a 15-minute interview where someone took 45 seconds and made an article out of it."

He should have expected it.

If you're scared.

Say you're scared.

Don't run your yap

And Then back track

when the moment of truth is around the corner.

Panthers finna get smoked

"If you're scared...say you're scared !" was one of Rickey Jackson's favorite sayings...and he was one tough dude!

Truth, both teams are not nearly as good as they thought they were. Seahawks proved that to the saints, and the saints will prove it to the Meows. In the end WFW sits with a big Cheshire cat grin because WFW is right more often than not...Obligatory WFW is just sayin'cool.png

%7Boption%7Dhttp://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1008997/30.gif

Both teams are better than both your teams.

Are the saints as good as we thought? Yes

Saints fans have said all season the offense has been off from previous years. We never stated they were the best

Butt hurt indeed

And to think his quarterback who was compared to all the greats hasn't carried his team very far this year.

Maybe the prophecies were wrong

I ask you Shredman

Where is your messiah now?

Has he abandoned you out in the cold?

Is a Cowboys fan actually trying to bad mouth Brees!? Brees singlehandedly destroyed the Cowboys and did everything but levitate or turn water to wine that night!

Yeah. He lost me. I was thinkng u were bashing ryan and shred. Lolol

CLEARLY from the context clues he was. Methinks there was an opportunity to put salt in the wounds of a fan who while morally outraged, was directing said outrage at the wrong party. A party whose team was depantsed and sodomized on national television by the aforementioned morally outraged fan.

I would agree

but that has nothing to do with the fact Saints are a Soft Team.....

Speaking of depantsing and public sodomy, that performance in Seattle did everything to bolster your point. At least on that night, you are correct.

What happens Sunday night against Carolina will go a long way to either cement your stance or dispel it.

But to be fair its hard to label a 9-3 team soft in the NFL.

Edited by SaintsFanInLA

Truth, both teams are not nearly as good as they thought they were. Seahawks proved that to the saints, and the saints will prove it to the Meows. In the end WFW sits with a big Cheshire cat grin because WFW is right more often than not...Obligatory WFW is just sayin'cool.png

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

30.gif

Your back must be red and sore.

I would agree

but that has nothing to do with the fact Saints are a Soft Team.....

I've said for the last several years that we don't respond well when the opponent punches us in the mouth...that was evident in the playoff games against the 49ers and the Seahawks.

Nothing new there.

the whole Saint Team is Soft....

The Whole world saw what happened Monday Night when a good team got Physical with them,

this is not new news lol

Holyshit....this must mean the most elite team in the land is nothing but a buncha ******* judging that collapse they've experienced, right Shred? lol

Reminder to the old,shriveled up raisin:

You were wrong about your Redskins and Falcons.