Will Nolan Be Here Next Year?

truefalcon

Don't know what his contract is at this point.

Personally, I hope someone else picks him up.

He is a fine defensive-minded coach, but his line is playing way too conservatively for my taste, despite current talent or injuries.

Getting tired of seeing the same, bland, defensive-line schemes this year.

Nolan was at his best last year with defensive schemes against Denver early in the year. Haven't seen the genius at work since that time.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what his contract is at this point.

Personally, I hope someone else picks him up.

He is a fine defensive-minded coach, but his line is playing way too conservatively for my taste, despite current talent or injuries.

Getting tired of seeing the same, bland, defensive-line schemes this year.

Nolan was at his best last year with defensive schemes against Denver early in the year. Haven't seen the genius at work since that time.

Can't have exotic schemes with rookies.

If smith is fired or not, I think Nolan should stay and should be given a chance to see what he can do with a revamped Dline(in my eyes sign Linvyl Joseph,Draft Clowney and a DT,) and if he can't find succes with this D time to move on, I also think we need to bring in an Offensive minded HC if Smith is released(I can only hope)

If smith is fired or not, I think Nolan should stay and should be given a chance to see what he can do with a revamped Dline(in my eyes sign Linvyl Joseph,Draft Clowney and a DT,) and if he can't find succes with this D time to move on, I also think we need to bring in an Offensive minded HC if Smith is released(I can only hope)

like it was said earlier, don't know what you want Nolan to do with 4 rookies starting, and missing 3 of your top defensive players.

Linval Joseph and Terrance Cody are both FAs. I hate to say it but I think if we made a run at those guys we could let Babs go (due $5 million) and keep Peters & Jerry (depth). with a wall in the middle I think Nolan would work wonders with this defense now he has the corners and a SS he can work with. and PLEASE get us a Defensive line coach

like it was said earlier, don't know what you want Nolan to do with 4 rookies starting, and missing 3 of your top defensive players.

Linval Joseph and Terrance Cody are both FAs. I hate to say it but I think if we made a run at those guys we could let Babs go (due $5 million) and keep Peters & Jerry (depth). with a wall in the middle I think Nolan would work wonders with this defense now he has the corners and a SS he can work with. and PLEASE get us a Defensive line coach

wasn't blaming Nolan with Anything I know about the rookies, I actually had a very long post in another thread in regards to that. But that's why I also STATED give him a revamped line abd see what he can do with it.Babs is also a free agent who I would not resign, going after Joseph would be my #1 move based on fixing the Dline, resigning Peter's would be another while either drafting a DT who is stout or bringing in Terrence Cody. So our DTs would Be Joseph,Peters,Cody,Robertson. While our DEnds could be mass,maponga,Goodman,Draft Clowney. And I would love us to get Michael Sam. Yes this would mean cut Osi(not likely to happen) and goin full youth on the DEnds while having big boys in the middle. Edited by Falkonator

Of course he will be. He's an amazing defensive coach. You can't blame him because we have few talented players on D and those that are got injured. The only good players we have on our D this year are rookies, i mean come on.

He's done well with how crap the talent he has to work with is.

I like Nolan. I would like to see what he can do with more DL talent.

He hasn't had much to work with since he's was hired and people on here say all the time Smitty has his hands in the defense. If Smitty's micromanaging the D is ture, do you think Nolan might just say "the **** with it" and move on?

wasn't blaming Nolan with Anything I know about the rookies, I actually had a very long post in another thread in regards to that. But that's why I also STATED give him a revamped line abd see what he can do with it.Babs is also a free agent who I would not resign, going after Joseph would be my #1 move based on fixing the Dline, resigning Peter's would be another while either drafting a DT who is stout or bringing in Terrence Cody. So our DTs would Be Joseph,Peters,Cody,Robertson. While our DEnds could be mass,maponga,Goodman,Draft Clowney. And I would love us to get Michael Sam. Yes this would mean cut Osi(not likely to happen) and goin full youth on the DEnds while having big boys in the middle.

I know you weren't blaming Nolan, I was just adding that in response to the OP. I was responding to you because I like the idea of trying to grab Linval Joseph and I would try to double up with Cody. I still want us to at least see what we have in Travian Robertson. not a fan of Clowney or cutting Osi, we need a veteran somewhere and he can at least give us one more year.

Smith, Nolan, Koetter will be kept and no free agents will be brought in and this board will inevitably have a melt down. Months old articles will be brought up and hate for TD will spew from every pore because he didn't attack anything with a vengeance. Next season will be declared over before it begins.

I know you weren't blaming Nolan, I was just adding that in response to the OP. I was responding to you because I like the idea of trying to grab Linval Joseph and I would try to double up with Cody. I still want us to at least see what we have in Travian Robertson. not a fan of Clowney or cutting Osi, we need a veteran somewhere and he can at least give us one more year.

I agree, I'm still curious on Clowney, gotta do more research on him, I would love Mack ans Michael Sam. And Osi to me doesnr bring much to this Dline. So cutting him and goin with a group of fresh young guys in mass,mack,Sam,maponga,goodman would be a nice group as long as we add that big body guy in Joseph,Peters and Cody. Would I think give us a strong front 4 with many youg players. And 2 good vets in peters and Joseph. I be willing to take the risk with the youth at the DEnd spota

Nolan doesn't deserve the blame nor should he be fired...

Let me explain...We have very little talent...

Safeties - They both suck...Moore to a lesser extent

CBs - McClain regressed. Tru and Alford are our brightspots but still go through growing pains

LBs - Spoon is solid but not much else. Worrilow is promising but needs a DL in front of him.

DL - Uhhhhhh....there is no one here that can get constant pressure. I thought Mass would breakout but that has not happened.

I would hang onto Tru, Alford, Moore, Spoon, Worrilow in the back seven as starters.

We'll probably need two new impactful DL starters. Probably one in FA and one in the draft. A good DL will make the back 7 look much better. The rest of the DL is up in the air at this point but depth is needed.

I love how we're all saying that Nolan can't work his magic with rookies in one breath, yet we're all saying that it needs to be fixed through the draft in the next breath. smile.png

If that's the case, Nolan needs at least 3 more years to turn the defense into something halfway respectable, right? And, everyone's okay with a five-year project? dry.png