Schraeder To Have A Future @ Guard Position

leftfield

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Smitty tested him out at guard in practice and liked what he saw? Then again, he would be getting an easy matchup against our dline. I don't understand why we need to move him in the first place? He could most likely play as well as either Holmes at LT or Trueblood at RT based on what I've seen this year. He's only a UDFA rookie so shuffling him around the offense line will probably make him even more uncomfortable and unsettled than he already was

Lemme see we got Reynolds a tackle playing guard, Konz a center playing guard, so we might as well put Schraeder a tackle at guard. I swear Dimi really stepped on his weenie letting Dahl go. We can't stop that merrygoround for sht. We've tried Hawley, Konz, SackMaker, Reynolds, Manu, Manley and now Schraeder?

how do you Blame Dimmitroff for something he has no control over, Smith is the one deciding to cross train these guys and place them in a position that isn't where they naturally play, Dahl hasnt even good people need to let that go, he was just a nasty blocker. Avg run blocking bad pass blocking.

Lemme see we got Reynolds a tackle playing guard, Konz a center playing guard, so we might as well put Schraeder a tackle at guard. I swear Dimi really stepped on his weenie letting Dahl go. We can't stop that merrygoround for sht. We've tried Hawley, Konz, SackMaker, Reynolds, Manu, Manley and now Schraeder?

You missed Johnston an all pro Guard coming out of college being converted to an undersized RT

how do you Blame Dimmitroff for something he has no control over, Smith is the one deciding to cross train these guys and place them in a position that isn't where they naturally play, Dahl hasnt even good people need to let that go, he was just a nasty blocker. Avg run blocking bad pass blocking.

LMAO at Dahl not being good. He's been ranked between 5th and 34th amongst guards for the last six seasons. Not bad considering there are 64 starting guards and probably close to 128 in the league. He's always been a road grader in the run game. He is way better in pass protection than anybody that tried to replace him in ATL. Here are his combined passing numbers the last three years compared to the merrygoround that Dimi tried to replace him with:

2011-2013 (RG snaps only)

Dahl - 4 sacks, 9 hits, 30 hurries

Konz/Reynolds/Hawley/Sackmaker Merrygoround - 22 sacks, 22 hits, 71 hurries

LMFAO.

post of the day