Clowney

ajoudry

If we were given the option should we really draft guy?

I haven't really watched him last year, however this year I watched a few of his games every time I've come across very unimpressed. Is he as good as they say he is? Does anyone else share my opinion?

On his worst day he's better than Barr by a mile...Give me Clowney or trade down. Barr is fools gold and would be better for the Texans where he wouldn't have to be a star on the defense. Clowney already has the ability to be the star of the defense and would still be able to make plays with all the attention on him.

If Clowney is on the board, theres no way you dont take him unless you are trading with Cleveland to stockpile picks and can still get a solid Pass Rusher, DT, and Oline Guard like Jackson or richardson

Clowney million $ talent with ??? heart, I would take Barr, he could be another Miller , Clowney is on a big ego trip , he might pan out , but then again remember Jamarcus russell, all the physical tallent and ???Heart

Russell is an unfair comparison. The two easiest postition transitions from college to pro, according to coaches, are RB and DE. I wouldn't mind Barr if we switch to a 3-4 system. Something that utilizes his speed better and allows him to rush the QB.

??? at heart he is playing with Bone spurs, Bruised ribs, and a hurt ankle, and you question his heart? Russell wouldn't play cause there was a 2 for one special at Mcdonalds and needed it. What kind of QB is 300lbs. get outta here with that comparison

I have a feeling that Clowney will only do a few combine events ( no forty) and more than likely do pretty well at his pro day but nothing will be eye popping. Which will cause his stock to either flutter a tad or stay the same. Which is good for us if we want to pick him up. If he beasts both the combine and pro day, he goes number one overall.

Edited by Sidecar Falcon

With every Win the Chances of drafting Clowney go down anyway. If we Win against GreenBay, We are now in a bad position draft wise, we don't get Clowney and our position isn't strong enough to make a trade down viable.

I have a feeling that Clowney will only do a few combine events ( no forty) and more than likely do pretty well at his pro day but nothing will be eye popping. Which will cause his stock to either flutter a tad or stay the same. Which is good for us if we want to pick him up. If he beasts both the combine and pro day, he goes number one overall.

lol the guys knocking Clowney don't understand either football, game planning, or injuries. Double and triple teamed, ran away from literally every play in some games ocs will actually have quarterbacks throw to the opposite side of the field. He's a shut down end point period.

lol the guys knocking Clowney don't understand either football, game planning, or injuries. Double and triple teamed, ran away from literally every play in some games ocs will actually have quarterbacks throw to the opposite side of the field. He's a shut down end point period.

And that ladies and gentleman is the way the cookie crumbles.

I want the Falcons to draft him if he is available. The big question mark coming into the draft won't be his character, it will be his recovery from his surgery. I wasn't knocking the guy, giving my opinion on what will happen leading up to the draft. If he goes out and runs a 4.4 forty and dominates the combine and his pro day, he will go #1 overall no matter who is picking.

I want the Falcons to draft him if he is available. The big question mark coming into the draft won't be his character, it will be his recovery from his surgery. I wasn't knocking the guy, giving my opinion on what will happen leading up to the draft. If he goes out and runs a 4.4 forty and dominates the combine and his pro day, he will go #1 overall no matter who is picking.

if we miss out on clowney because of ******* character I quit football.