Dirk Koetter's Name Being Thrown Around For The Boise State Job

J-Wall

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting ... I like Dirk. I wonder if he'd take the job.

not sure. He coached here along time ago and said it was his biggest mistake leaving it for Arizona State. Whatever peoples belief is Boise is hard core about its football. So us fans will want the best coach we can get at whatever cost. I hope Pete doesn't leave but it really is inevitable he will sooner or later. He did turn down the USC job a few days ago so we will see.

why would Petersen leave Boise for Washington? that is a step backwards.

I don't know. Probably the chance to compete for a national title and build a winner I'm guessing. That's like saying why would Saban leave Bama for Texas? That's been thrown around too.

Whether this would be good or bad for us, really would just depend on who we reaplaced him with. If this ends up being just a lateral move, or worse, a step back, then we could end up really hurting.

That being said, any ideas for prospective replacements? biggrin.png

maybe Hue Jackson?

why would Petersen leave Boise for Washington? that is a step backwards.

Not any more. Boise State has fallen completely off the national radar this year and is in danger of staying there. Petersen may be shown the door just to make room for the guy who led Boise to prominence in the first place - it's time for a facelift. That's not the case at Washington right now, and Petersen - in my opinion - would and should jump at any Washington level opportunity.

maybe Hue Jackson?

I like Hue, I'm not big on college guys but if we were to go that route I really like Jeff Brohm from Louisville and Philip Montgomery from Baylor. Montgomery has a DGAF attitude and he will run the score up on you lol. very balanced who likes to run a lot but also loves the deep ball & quick strikes. Smitty would hate him.