Yankey At Lg, Blalock At Rg?

Power I

I'm gathering all the information I can for a mock draft and the player I keep coming back to in the 2nd round is David Yankey. He's played LG and I think that's his best fit. Why have we never tried moving Blalock to RG? We've tried a million different combinations, but never moved him. What do you guys think?

I'm gathering all the information I can for a mock draft and the player I keep coming back to in the 2nd round is David Yankey. He's played LG and I think that's his best fit. Why have we never tried moving Blalock to RG? We've tried a million different combinations, but never moved him. What do you guys think?

We cross train our O line anyways, I bet Yankey would be able to play RG, I'd like him or Richardson.

No more cross training roOkies BS if we are picking a G and he starts at R, RG is the position he plays no more cross training we have seen if fail year after year.

The definition of INSANITY KEEP BANGING YOUR HEAD AGAINST AN IMMOVEABLE OBJECT BUT EXPECT A DIFFERENT RESULT.I GIVE YOU CROSS TRAINING 1ST YEAR O-LINEMAN.

Blalock is an awful run blocker, excellent pass blocker. In general, you want your better pass blocker(s) on the left. If it was up to me we'd get rid of Blalock all together since he's effectively hampering what potential run game we might have, but if we have to stick with him at least stick him at LG and let him keep Matt clean.

If having Yankey at LG and Blalock at RG makes sense, you do it.

Yes, we should do anything we can to make the line better but, if we got Yankley why not try him at rg before moving blalock. If we move Blalock that assumes we have no answer for the RG position which in turn means we have no answer at LG so....why move Blalock just to move our weak spot.