Sips Draft

Assuming clowney isnt on the board at 4 how would you guys feel about this

Rd1. Khalil mack LB

I like what we have at LB with spoon, worrillow, and biermann but i feel we can draft either mack or kyle van noy and use them in a DE type hybrid role. If im going for noy im trading back but i wont mock a trade today, instead ill take mack at 4.

Rd2. OG Gabe Jackson

We have so many options in free agency for oline potential and im of the belief vets need to be brought in at tackle and guard, but beyond that we still need competition and youth at guard. Im thinking sign jon asamoah at guard and draft gabe jackson to start pushing blalock as well. After that id be looking for a Tackle in free agency maybe veldheer and benching baker.

Rd3. DT Aaron Donald

We need playmakers at DT and after resigning corey peters im drafting aaron donald in the third or trading up and snagging him in the late second. Dont try to tell me hes a first rounder, hes projected third and there are tons of DTs currently ranked ahead, its very likely he goes late second to early third.

Rd4. Daniel Mccullers DT

Yes im doubling down at DT, mccullers is huge at over 350 pounds, he will be that NT everyone seems to want he is good at beating one on ones and commands double teams. You want a guy that can eat up blockers? Mccullers is your guy.

Rd5. Deion Belue CB

After the release of asante and franks i see us resigning mcclain and finding him a little competition. Id like to see tracy porter brought in to replace asante as that veteran leader and to replace franks what better than to draft a nice SEC project out of Alabama in the late round. Porter and belue will most definately challenge mcclain for the nickle role and give us excellent depth at CB for years to come.

Rd6. And rd7.

These picks will be used on someone who can play great STs as well as be solid project players maybe a guy like spencer long an injured lineman who can come in on IR, heal up and turn into solid depth and possibly a starter down the road.

What do you guys think?

Guest King Jigsaw

Reading this mock makes it seem like you care entirely too much about what people think and not what you believe we should/will do. Phrases like "this seems to be what everyone wants" and "don't argue with where he's projected" just kind of scream that you're looking for praise and positive critiques. Screw it, man. Build the team how you want, not the way you think will be most widely accepted.

I'm on board with three out of four (Mack, Gabe Jax, McCullers). I don't see us drafting two D-Tackles though - I think we sign one(i.e. Arthur Jones, DT-Ravens) and draft one(McCullers).

not familiar with the corner - Blue.

i wouldnt be against signing another DT through FA as long as hes fairly young.

Reading this mock makes it seem like you care entirely too much about what people think and not what you believe we should/will do. Phrases like "this seems to be what everyone wants" and "don't argue with where he's projected" just kind of scream that you're looking for praise and positive critiques. Screw it, man. Build the team how you want, not the way you think will be most widely accepted.

lol dude im just entertaining all options, i did another offseason mock not too long ago that had us signing graham.

I could care less what others think im just stirring conversation.

Edited by ssippifalcon

rankings are from cbssports.com, as too what their smoking, thats a question for them lol

They take their rankings from NFLDraftScout, and apparently they need to update them again, as Donald, while still give a 2nd round projection, is moving up draft boards and is ranked highest of those with said projection. They also use arrows to show prospects that have a "stock up" and who are improving, as of late, and he is one of them. He'll likely have a late 1st/ early 2nd round projection, by season's end.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=DT&draftyear=2014&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

They take their rankings from NFLDraftScout, and apparently they need to update them again, as Donald, while still give a 2nd round projection, is moving up draft boards and is ranked highest of those with said projection. They also use arrows to show prospects that have a "stock up" and who are improving, as of late, and he is one of them. He'll likely have a late 1st/ early 2nd round projection, by season's end.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=DT&draftyear=2014&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

maybe no big deal, either way i like him as a prospect regardless of the round hes projected in.