Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pickles da Don

Gators Football...all Things Gators,no Need For Haters

256 posts in this topic

Now you're changing the argument to there won't be enough better teams for it to matter.

If there are 5 teams with 1 loss, the four teams with 12 wins have a leg up. It's as simple as that.

if Florida is 11-0 going into the SEC championship game they will have a leg up on any 1 loss team. Having zero losses out of 11 games is better than having 1 loss out of 12 games

if Florida is 11-0 going into the SEC championship game they will have a leg up on any 1 loss team. Having zero losses out of 11 games is better than having 1 loss out of 12 games

Well thats not the argument at all lol. The discussion is say the lost playoff spot is between Oregon(12-1 with a Pac12 title) and Florida(11-1 with a SEC title)

Well thats not the argument at all lol. The discussion is say the lost playoff spot is between Oregon(12-1 with a Pac12 title) and Florida(11-1 with a SEC title)

UF will probably get it. Really depends on how strong the SEC east teams are.

i had no idea florida is on a 7 game losing streak.. arkansas is on a 10 game losing streak.. both teams should break those today..

eastern michigan is one of the worst teams in the nation so florida is going to get a ton of points today.. it's good for them to get some confidence. arkansas is going to win big as well so that's 2 streaks stopped.

If they lean on the running game and aren't forced into situations where Driskel has to carry the load, I think that's preferable. Driskel is kind of a known quantity... the less you have to rely on him the better imo.

Treon Harris came in for Driskel and went 2-2 for 148 yards and 2 TDs.

What a fun game. Been a long time since I've seen Florida just roflstomp someone like that.

David Wunderlich is breaking down the Gator's game yesterday with film study. He can follow him on twitter to his stuff. i have read his stuff in the past and it's usually pretty good.

here are a few:

@
Year2

Before garbage time set in (the FG to make it 27-0 in the 2nd), Driskel's success rate with the pass was 28.6%. Take out the one drop, 30%.

David Wunderlich @Year2 · 2m

Also pre-garbage time, success rate on "extended run" passes was 16.7% (1-of-7). On all other passes, 33.3%; sans a drop, 35.7%.

just follow him at @Year2

Are they going to break in Grier you think or just ride or die with Driskel?

if you checked out that demarcus robinson thread there is one guy who wants a new qb. also it sounds like he isn't the only guy in their lockerroom who is frustrated with jeff d. will was asked if he thought about pulling jeff d and he said he did, but that jeff d gives them the best chance to win.. it sounds like will might be going down with driskel ship.

Also, rumor out of Gainesville is that Muschamp plans on making some changes to Florida's hurry-up defense.

The strategy going into last Saturday's game was to tire out Alabama's offense by letting them run really fast all over the field. Then, when they were gasping for air, keep throwing Driskel out there to run Muschamp's new 3-and-out offense until eventually the Alabama offense passed out and died.

Alabama's refusal to die on the field threw a kink into the whole plan however, so Muschamp just tipped his cap to daddy Saban and told Gator Nation that "we have to stay the course."

Will Muschamp is the worst thing to happen to the University of Florida since 0-10-1, and I now hate him more than I hate UGA or FSU. Please, please leave Will. Fake a heart attack or something.

Haha well I have to admit it has not gone anything like I thought it would. I thought he would do good at UF. Other than bringing in Dan Quinn (who left obviously), it has been pretty poor.

I do think UF will make something of a season and get back to a bowl game. You wouldn't think so from watching them play in Tuscaloosa, but I think they will still "surprise" with a couple wins no one really saw coming. If Grier gets in there and takes his lumps it could end a little better imo... Driskel just doesn't have it.