Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pickles da Don

Gators Football...all Things Gators,no Need For Haters

256 posts in this topic

It's not a sexy hire. How is the rest of gator nation liking this?

they loved the weiss hire and pease boy was he a great hire when it happens. heck he was at boise state and would make them a great wide open offense. the will musch hire was a great one as well. as fans we all want to be positive when a new hire takes place.. not sure what he saw in duke's oc that he didn't see in some of his other options. will's job is on the line so he better hope this guy can take driskel and make him a great qb.

till muschamp follows with his words of letting the OC control the offense, no OC will do good here. as far as the person, its far from sexy. duke offense wasnt flashy at all and looked just average. i think their avg is literally on the line for the top half of the teams in the nation. 170 some yards rushing and 240 passing. they didnt play any decent defenses besides VT and FSU and they scored 20 points between those 2 game. i really do believe its cutcliff getting the credit just like Peterson did at Boise. imo its just a guy they found that could maybe pad his resume for a bigger OC job if he turns the offense to somewhat decent while muschamp gets fired for another awful season and muschamp gets canned. i think Roper was at Kentucky while Joker Phillips was there, though im not 100% sure. all in all its a filler move that will all think will just be a rental till muschamp gets fired and florida searches for new HC and Kurt will have coaching experience at a major football school to help him landed a better gig

Overall Duke was 68th in total offense. He was Eli Manning's QB coach at Ole Miss while Cutcliffe was the head coach there before getting the promotion to "passing game coordinator". He did coach QBs at Kentucky but it was only for 1 year then he went to Tennessee to work with Cutcliffe again. He'll use a spread look and more up-tempo but the real reason Muschamp wants him is to develop Driskell into something they can work with. Roper has a reputation for developing QBs. He's gotten a lot of the credit for turning Thad Lewis and Sean Renfree into NFL QB's. He also got some credit at Ole Miss for helping Cutcliffe develop Manning.

Well Cook will make his annoucement tonight. I think it will be the first domino to fall in a long offseason for the great guys. smh

honestly i prepared for another horrible year, so cook leaving will have zero affect on me. im in a drunken state of who gives a crap till muschamp is gone from gainesville. next month ill be in gainesville on business and itll be the first time in a long time that i wont visit the campus area

Overall Duke was 68th in total offense. He was Eli Manning's QB coach at Ole Miss while Cutcliffe was the head coach there before getting the promotion to "passing game coordinator". He did coach QBs at Kentucky but it was only for 1 year then he went to Tennessee to work with Cutcliffe again. He'll use a spread look and more up-tempo but the real reason Muschamp wants him is to develop Driskell into something they can work with. Roper has a reputation for developing QBs. He's gotten a lot of the credit for turning Thad Lewis and Sean Renfree into NFL QB's. He also got some credit at Ole Miss for helping Cutcliffe develop Manning.

this hire is very similar to brent pease imo is that you have a guy who coached under an OC, but if anyone thinks he was the OC all by himself that isn't correct. a number of guys have a reputation of developing qbs, but that's a far cry from running the system on their own. he also has just 1 year to get driskel turned around and to get a true frosh to get comfortable with that system.. foley must have promised will 2 more years. it makes no sense to go to a different system in one offseason and then expect them to be where they need to be in order to win the sec east which imo is what many florida fans expect every year.

Not surprised. It's going to continue. The culmination of terrible coaching and decision making by Jeremy Foley will drive this thing into the ground. Hiring Coach Bust over Charlie Strong is the biggest mistake that university has made in a LONG time. I believe Strong would have gone there in a heartbeat, and now I doubt he ever will as long as Foley is there, out of spite.

The only positive that could come out of a second straight nightmare season next year is the firing of Muschamp and Foley, and then maybe they could have a shot at Strong, but it's the only way.

2 more years of bustchamp and i might start wishing another team luck like UCF or some mid level school.

and its official cook to FSU. what about lane, now since cook and lane are so close. if lane switches, muchamp enter the season dead man walking

http://espn.go.com/c...state-seminoles

Im hearing that Lane might not qualify. I think that taylor Fulwood Robinson will be ok. The thing is if they can coach up grier cause driskell is horrible. Grier is the key to this class

JC Jackson just told a teammate "I'm going to Florida State.".. current uf commit jc jackson who is a wr and lane will end up at fsu it sounds like as well.

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Florida landed five-star defensive lineman Gerald Willis on Thursday evening at the 2014 Under Armour All-America Game, and it can thank a current Alabama player for it.Willis' brother, current Crimson Tide safety Landon Collins, helped give the 6-foot-3, 275-pound New Orleans star the final push he needed to leave Louisiana and play his college football in Gainesville.

"I did flip back and forth (between Florida and LSU)," Willis said. "What I realized was I wanted to go to Florida, because I talked to my brother before he played in his game and he said I need to get out of state and see a different life.

"He said I need to be a man and stop staying home. He said I need to go do my own thing. He said Florida's the best school for me, that was his opinion."

Collins, of course, chose Alabama in the same game two years ago. His mother was visibly upset when he announced in a moment of spontaneity that quickly went viral on the Internet.

His mother was happy with Willis' decision to go to Florida this time around, though.

Now in Florida's recruiting class, Willis can focus on enrolling in the next few days and learning Florida's defensive scheme.

"The 3-4 and they're a pass-rushing team," Willis said. "They pass rush and I'm a pass-rusher, so I guess I'm going to fit in."

In the end, the Gators won out over the Tigers thanks to tight ends coach Derek Lewis getting in on Willis extremely early in the recruiting process.

The Florida staff found out their hard work paid off at the same time the rest of the country did, as Willis said after the game he still hadn't informed Will Muschamp or the staff of his decision.

"It was just the place for me. I just fit," Willis said. "Coach D-Lew recruited me since I was a freshman and I had a big talk with my family. I think that was just the best choice for me."

JC Jackson just told a teammate "I'm going to Florida State.".. current uf commit jc jackson who is a wr and lane will end up at fsu it sounds like as well.

FSU is building a monster that will burn down in the next 2 years

they have talent. need a good qb

you have wrs who need to get separation.. you must get some more playmaking wrs to go along with that qb.. you added some last recruiting class, but you need to add a few more.

you have wrs who need to get separation.. you must get some more playmaking wrs to go along with that qb.. you added some last recruiting class, but you need to add a few more.

this, having speedy receivers dont mean anything if they cant get separation. ill take a guy that runs a 4.6 that can get separation over a speedy 4.4 receiver who cant get separation.

Lets see....The great guys got Tabor, Powell,Looks like Moten will flip back. We lose Lane Jackson and Lammons. A little meh but its getting there.

Lane decommited

yep he finally made it offcial.. it's pretty obvious he is going to follow his boy cook.

yep he finally made it offcial.. it's pretty obvious he is going to follow his boy cook.

despite saying cook had nothing to do with on his twitter.

despite saying cook had nothing to do with on his twitter.

yep.. if he doesn't follow cook everyone will be surprised.