Td Wants Clowney

I suppose the real question now is- is td gonna trade up from that 4th pick to the 1st pick from Houston to get him?

Here's my question, why is everyone penciling in the fact that Houston is going to take a DE when clearly their QB situation is out of wack ? I can't see them passing on Bridgewater if they have the first pick.

Here's my question, why is everyone penciling in the fact that Houston is going to take a DE when clearly their QB situation is out of wack ? I can't see them passing on Bridgewater if they have the first pick.

Yeah, I agree. A lot of Texan fans would love a Watt and Clowney combo, but what good is that if you don't have a QB?

Yeah, I agree. A lot of Texan fans would love a Watt and Clowney combo, but what good is that if you don't have a QB?

Yea, I'd have to agree. A lot of teams in the top 5 are gonna need a QB, not sure if they will all take a guy in the top 5 tho. Just hoping for Clowney !

I still believe they will stick with keenum, hes a Houston fan favorite and half a season isn't long enough for them to give up on him. I see Houston wanting to trade out for the clowney sweepstakes and that means either us or someone else trades up. they run a 3-4 and clowney doesn't really fit their scheme. I know that kubiak will probably get fired but I still think Phillips stays and continues to run his 3-4 defense. they will really want barr so that may be a possibility, but I think they will want to trade out of that spot. now if someone jumps to number one to get a qb that means jax will take clowney or trade back. I could see us trading from 4 to 2 and taking clowney. this will cost us our 2nd rounder and a 4th so I hope td doesn't do this. since stl will pick 3rd unless we somehow lose to wash in a few weeks and I don't see that happening, I just couldn't see how they would pass on clowney even with long and Quinn. I hate to say it but that would be a bad a$$ dline.

Clowney will likely be the 2nd or 3rd pick. Believe Atlanta will pick at 4 or 5. If he played with a non stop motor, a la Paul Worrlow, it would be a no- brainer. I'm just afraid he is about self too much---not an ideal team guy. We are too much in need of having an outstanding draft to have motivation questions about our #1 pick.

Here's the reality.

If your team got to a top 5 pick primarily because your QB play was that poor.... Then you draft a QB if a young, talented, potential Fanchise QB is available to draft.

If you do otherwise as a GM then Goodell should be stopping the draft clock long enough to walk off the stage to bring you your pink slip and a box for your chit.

Clowney will likely be the 2nd or 3rd pick. Believe Atlanta will pick at 4 or 5. If he played with a non stop motor, a la Paul Worrlow, it would be a no- brainer. I'm just afraid he is about self too much---not an ideal team guy. We are too much in need of having an outstanding draft to have motivation questions about our #1 pick.

yeah, lets draft another boy scout "team captain" that can't play wink.png. If having the most college "team captain's" on an NFL team won you a Lombardi Trophy, the Falcons would be a dynasty.

First and for most I don't see us picking at 4, I think we will fall a little later but given the convo if we did pick at 4 and Houston doesn't take him he will still be there. Houston needs a QB, yeah Keenum is playing decent but decent enough to pass on Bridgewater, I don't see it, plus I think they would be more interested in Mack, Beasley, or Barr since they run a 3-4. Next, is the Rams who already have 2 really 3 outstanding ends in Chris Long, Robert Quinn, and WIlliam Hayes. The Rams can't protect the QB and have deficiencies in the running game similar to us. There taking Jake Matthews, you can use a marker with that one right now! Next could be either Tampa Bay, Vikings, or the Raiders. Um, yeah QB also. There are still 4 first round QBs in Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manzel, and Brett Hundley. Heck, CBS has Derek Carr as a 1st rounder, top 10 even, not saying I agree with that, lol. But, basically, if a team don't have a franchise QB and they have one on there board available, there pulling the trigger regardless of if its the 3rd pick or the 15 pick given they can't trade down, and that's what a first round value QB is "franchise". So, in 2014 expect 4 to 5 franchise caliber QBs available within the first 5 picks, those teams aren't passing. Both Bortles and Bridgewater are top 10 so there is your two QBs for sure, Rams take Matthews, if we are at 4 Clowney falls to us.

Edited by datchrisb1