Clowney Or Mack/nix

PriMeTiiMe

I was leaning towards Mack/nix until the injury. Now would rather take clowny

I'm afraid of Nix and do not want him at all. Clowney is a risk, but we know that he has dominated Elite competition in the Past, so I would want him definitly. If he's gone though, I think we either have to take Matthews or trade down because I don't see Barr as an elite DE. We would have to switch to 3-4 for barr to be Effective IMO. If we trade down, Mack would be a good guy, otherwise BPA.

Edited by dfsutton

If you had the option between Clowney or a trade down that somehow aquired Mack/Nix...Which would you choose?

As much as I love Clowney that would be hard to pass up on getting 2 studs in 2 huge positions of need. Especially if we were to sign Michael Johnson.

Throw in a 3rd I would be content with Nix and Mack

Michael Johnson would Fill the need at DE, but in order for Mack to be a big part of our defense We would have to switch to 3-4 which would probably have Mack on the right bartu on the left with Spoon and Paul in the middle. Our biggest need is a versatile DT/NT and that would be Hageman Absolute animal. Maybe pick up A saftey like Deone Bucannon (first team pac-12) crazy good tackler and ball hawk. Pick Deanthony thomas in the 4th or 5th round another address the line in FA.

http://espn.go.com/c...n-junior-season

Mariota is satying in school. That combined with the Buffalo win has pushed Clowney out of our range. Don't see him making it to us now.

I doubt Mariota would have actually been taken that high. He has all the tools but severely lacks the necessary mechanics. He's a project that needed a season or two of coaching up and in this day and age that is something teams cannot afford with that high of a pick. Combine that with his poor to mediocre performances over the past few weeks and you get this: Him knowing he isn't a top pick and staying in school for another year. He has two more rolls of the dice to get there and he knows it. Play another season, work on his mechanics, and he should have a good shot at going #1 in 2015.

Also consider that QB desperate teams have shown they are more than willing to make major reaches in the 1st. Just look at the 1st round of the 2011 draft, Tannehill in 2012 (and Weeden in the sense that he should never have been taken anywhere close to the 1st round), and EJ Manuel last year. I have little doubt players like Carr and Manziel will be taken much earlier than they should be.