Rookies

birdz4i

gonna post a couple articles on the rookies instead of different threads.

Trufant Sets Falcons Record on Defense

Expecting your first-round pick to start right away and make an impact is a risk in any season. This year, the Falcons took that risk with first-round cornerback Desmond Trufant and it paid off. More and more each week, Trufant is involved in key plays in games and he’s earning his first-round draft status. Trufant leads the team in pass deflections this season and he’s got one interception through 13 weeks.

Trufant had one tackle and one pass defense against the Bills last week and according to Stats LLC., Trufant’s 14 pass deflections this season are the most by a Falcons rookie in a single season. The previous high for the franchise was owned by Darnell Walker, who recorded 13 pass deflections in 1993.

Stats shared by NFL.com list Trufant with 15 pass deflections on the season, second among all rookies behind Kansas City’s Marcus Cooper. With 15, Trufant is tied with Philadelphia’s Brandon Boykin and Arizona’s Patrick Peterson for second among all NFC cornerbacks.

Trufant’s interception this season came against Carolina and his season-high three pass deflections came against Tampa Bay in Week 7. He’s had a pass breakup in every game this season except two.

After a tough training camp facing off against Julio Jones and Roddy White every day, Trufant earned the starting job in Week 1 and has started every game since. This season, he’s played 94 percent of the possible 805 defensive snaps. Against Buffalo, he missed just one snap.

As the season winds down and thoughts turn to next season, at cornerback the Falcons appear to be looking good. With more experience under his belt, there’s a good chance Trufant will begin to turn those pass deflections into interceptions and really start to change games in coming seasons.

http://blogs.atlanta...trufant-record/

Worrilow Continues Ridiculous Tackle Numbers

If you think rookie linebacker Paul Worrilow has had a quiet couple of weeks since Sean Weatherspoon returned to the field, think again. He’s still producing in a big way for the Falcons.

According to the Falcons coaching staff’s breakdown of Sunday’s game against Buffalo, Worrilow had 10 tackles (six solo) and a tackle for loss, making it his fifth straight game with double-digit tackles. Worrilow has also been the leading tackler in each of the past five games.

During that span, he has racked up an incredible 76 tackles, according to the coaching staff’s breakdown.

And in case you’ve missed it, he’s got records with his name on them, too.

And a heck of a heart.

http://blogs.atlanta...tackle-numbers/

I like these rookies.... Worrilow, Tru, Bartu, Alford, and Johnson... I also think Toilolo and Goodman can dvevlop into something... Goodman as a guy that can be strong vs the run and move inside as a athletic rusher and Matt seem high on Toilolo .... I have no earthly idea why we dont use him in the redzone

levine-tiololo.jpg

I like these rookies.... Worrilow, Tru, Bartu, Alford, and Johnson... I also think Toilolo and Goodman can dvevlop into something... Goodman as a guy that can be strong vs the run and move inside as a athletic rusher and Matt seem high on Toilolo .... I have no earthly idea why we dont use him in the redzone

levine-tiololo.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out why Julio doesn't get more jump ball opportunities but that will probably never be answered

We found a lot of guys for the upcoming seasons. D. Johnson, Worrilow, Bartu, Trufant and Alford are all keepers. The jury is still out on Toilolo, A. Smith, Mass and some of the young guys we have been playing on the O-Line.

Smith will turn 29 next season...I dont know how much he figures into pure long term strategy...but im sure he will be around another season at least

Guest Negatorris

levine-tiololo.jpg

Same reason we punish Antone Smith for making plays.