Falcons Grooming Gonzalez's Replacement

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

I don't think he is a #1 TE. I think he is a good #2. I just don't think he is going to ever be mentioned with Jimmy Graham, Antonio Gates, Jordan Cameron or Jason Witten. He wasn't even the #1 guy in college.

Did you see Jimmy Graham's rookie season. He wasn't making jaws drop.

slow? He's probably the fastest tight end we have.

That's actually not a good thing. I mean we all respect Tony G but he isn't the burner he used to be. It's like saying which snail is the fastest. Technique can be. Talent can't. Toilolo might improve in other areas but his fatal flaw is that he has feet of stone. For this reason I don't believe he will be successful unless he makes significant strides in other areas to mask the speed flaw.

That's actually not a good thing. I mean we all respect Tony G but he isn't the burner he used to be. It's like saying which snail is the fastest. Technique can be. Talent can't. Toilolo might improve in other areas but his fatal flaw is that he has feet of stone. For this reason I don't believe he will be successful unless he makes significant strides in other areas to mask the speed flaw.

Alrighty then

I'm not sold on Toilolo. Yes he is huge but is pretty slow. His hands are also a bit suspect. Although he is a good blocker.Pretty much what the scouting report says.

He might be a bit too slow to ever be an impact TE. We shall see.

Huh? Speed is his best asset. His blocking is what is not good. I'm not worried about his hands, because most young guys go through the dropsies. Roddy's first 2 years had him dropping the ball so much, that most here wanted him cut.

Huh? Speed is his best asset. His blocking is what is not good. I'm not worried about his hands, because most young guys go through the dropsies. Roddy's first 2 years had him dropping the ball so much, that most here wanted him cut.

Speed is his best asset? You couldn't be any more wrong. The very limited snaps he has he struggles to get seperation. He ran a 4.8 at the combine, do you not know how slow that is. He is actually a better blocker than runner.This was true even at his days in Stanford. His biggest asset is his enormous height which is nullified by his extremely slow speed. Toilolo is not an athlete. As I said, he could be a solid TE if he improves his hands. Being this slow he must improve significantly in all other areas of his game to have a future in this league

Edited by Torpedo-Of-Truth

I don't think he is a #1 TE. I think he is a good #2. I just don't think he is going to ever be mentioned with Jimmy Graham, Antonio Gates, Jordan Cameron or Jason Witten. He wasn't even the #1 guy in college.

Jordan Cameron was a 4th round pick that didnt do **** his first 2 years. Jimmy Graham didnt have an amazing rookie season and Julius Thomas is in his 3rd year as well, undrafted. Have some faith, hes only a rook.

Those players are on a team that throws to them like wide recievers. If you use a 6-8 TE correctly, he can be effective.