No Fun League

Falcanuck

Moore's was a foul. I'm iffy on the spoon hit, even though by the book, it is a foul.

Moore's was not a headshot. His helmet hit the ball. VERY borderline. Definitely not fine-able. Spoon's was as legal a hit you can possibly get. In no way, shape or form should he have been penalized. How else was he supposed to tackle Manuel? It was the definition of a form tackle.

Refs are hardwired just to throw a flag whenever they see a big hit, it's ridiculous. Moore gets penalized whenever he does anything i swear they don't even watch him they just auto throw the flag and it happens to be true sometimes so they go with it.

Spoon's hit was great, what's the point of even watching football when the defense isn't allowed to tackle people.

I mean what was Spoon suppose to do, stop in the middle of a tackle and gently put him down? The NFL as it stands today is grossly lopsided in favor of the Offense. But hey whatever gets the ratings right? It will be less physical than Sarcastaball pretty soon.

They don't care about what he was supposed to do. The purpose of this bogus safety campaign does not have anything to do with that.

Guest Negatorris

Why were people calling for the real refs last year when the replacements were here?

This is one of the worst officiating seasons I can recall in a while.

Spoon was called for spearing because the crown of his helmet went into the body of the QB. They made it a penalty to protect the tackler from hurting his neck. I think it's absolutely ridiculous and I couldn't even comprehend it when it happened.

I don't agree with Moore's hit getting a flag either. It looked like he was bending down to go a little lower and that's why the top of his helmet sort of hit the guy. The refs will throw the flag on Moore much faster now because he has gotten so many in the past. It drives me nuts.

It doesn't need to he a headshot to be a penalty. Making initial contact with your helmet is and always has been a penalty.

That is wrong. Players make initial contact with their helmet below a player's knees often. The form tackle that is taught from high school football has a players helmet making initial contact with the football, followed by wrapping.

You can not make initial contact with the helmet. It's called "spearing". It has always been a penalty. No one is taught at any level to tackle by first hitting the opposing player with his helmet.

I just told you the incidence where initial contact is made with the helmet often... Players put their helmet on the ball carriers knees all the time. And you are wrong. The true definition of a football tackle is putting your facemask on the ball, wrapping then driving through.