Two Facts That Seperate Us From The Seahawks/panthers

PriMeTiiMe

Everyone loves to praise the Seahawks and Panthers for building such a well rounded team but fail to realize 2 key things that they had going for them that we did not...

When we drafted Ryan in 2008 their was no Rookie Cap. We paid out the a$$ for him from Day 1 to the tune of 72 million. Now we are paying him over 100 Million. We havent had a losing season and aside from the huge trade-up to get Julio we have not had any high picks in the last 5 years. Even before Ryan came along, When we had Vick we were always mediocre and had a middle of the pack pick.

These teams that have great balenced teams didn't have to face either of these problem.

Seahawks have Wilson on 3rd round rookie contract. He is the lowest paid Starting QB in the NFL. He makes about 500k right now. Thats a HUGE savings. When it comes time to pay him a huge contract...Bye bye to all that talent they have on defense. They also sucked for multiple years prior to getting Wilson building up their talent.

Panthers got Cam with the #1 pick AFTER the rookie cap. 4 years and 22 million. Are you kidding me? 50 million dollars they saved over what we paid for Ryan. That goes a long way in building a great defense. Not to mention they have sucked for years and got multiple high picks.

People need to realize we can't build the type of teams they have because we didn't benefit from the same things they did. We just need to build a solid D-Line and O-Line and we will be fine. But don't expect us to have probowlers at every position.

Look at the Broncos for example. Great offense but look at their defense? It does just enough to win. Patriots...Same thing. Talib is the only "great" player on that defense. Seahawks and Panthers will be right there with us in a few years when Cam and Wilson get their fat contracts.

I agree, the NFL with all its free agency rules is designed to be a cycle of teams going from bad to good and back to bad.

I don't mind so much that our defense isn't as talented as theirs. But I do wish we had their cockey swagger. Watching the Seahawks whole defense get on Graham when he just caught that touchdown and dunked on their goal post, is something I wish our falcons would get the nuts to do.

Edited by ICE 2 WHITE

It's a metamorphasis. You get a good young QB and you can really spend some money. But that gives you a window that shuts in 3 years.

Cam will hold out and Carolina will be in some serious cap trouble, they're already scheduled to be over next year

Exactly.

We never got that lucky window but we still managed to field a good team every year.

In 2 years the Seahawks and Niners will be in the same trap. They'll have to start paying their player a eventually. I'm just pissed we blew our window to get a couple rings.

We still have the same window. Only loss will be Gonzalez. We been paying Ryan since day 1 and we still managed to field great teams for 5 years in a row. We will be back.

Guest Cally307a

That and they have good head coaching which also funnels down to all the assistants

after all The apples don't fall far from the tree ya know

we have a bunch of resilient apples singing from the same hymnole

ebbs and flows

Guest Cally307a

hey alford,

dont you ever let me catch you lateralling for the win ever again or ill have you running until you throw up you run the plays like i have you running them in falcons on falcons god dammit

Im the mother effing fg champion of the world, i had plays designed to get us there

have you lost your ******** mind

That and they have good head coaching which also funnels down to all the assistants

after all The apples don't fall far from the tree ya know

we have a bunch of resilient apples singing from the same hymnole

ebbs and flows

dunce.gif

hey alford,

dont you ever let me catch you lateralling for the win ever again or ill have you running until you throw up you run the plays like i have you running them in falcons on falcons god dammit

Im the mother effing fg champion of the world, i had plays designed to get us there

have you lost your ******** mind

dunce.gif

The only facts that separate those teams from us is that they actually have quality QBs, we don't have one.

Aren't you a Saints fan? Are you saying that Brees is not quality? I mean sure, he's getting rolled again by a good team tonight, but 4 years ago he managed to ride a bunch of cheaters to a SB victory.

Aren't you a Saints fan? Are you saying that Brees is not quality? I mean sure, he's getting rolled again by a good team tonight, but 4 years ago he managed to ride a bunch of cheaters to a SB victory.

Cause I say Brees is an elite QB means I am a saints fan? LOL. Matt Ryan has been bad all year. Brees is in the playoffs this year in case you didn't know.

Fact: Seahawks and Panthers both have 8 letters in their name, Falcons only 7.

Fact: Rivera and Carroll were both born in California, Smith In Illinois.

Checkmate Sealina Panhawks

The only facts that separate those teams from us is that they actually have quality QBs, we don't have one.

You want to talk fact. Let's talk about D... Where do we rank on D?

Cause I say Brees is an elite QB means I am a saints fan? LOL. Matt Ryan has been bad all year. Brees is in the playoffs this year in case you didn't know.

Brees was not in the playoffs last year while Ryan was. Since 2008 when Ryan was drafted, He has been to the playoffs 4 times. Brees including this year assuming they get in has been to the playoffs 4 times during that span.

But yea...Carry on man.

In 2 years the Seahawks and Niners will be in the same trap. They'll have to start paying their players eventually. I'm just pissed we blew our window to get a couple rings.

They drafted all/most of this talent. If they could do it before, I see no reason why they could not do it again. This year is going to be tough, and they will have to let some guys go, but I think they can have a strong team next year.

They are just going to have to start cutting dead weight. Rice and Miller alone would provide over 10 million in relief and neither are key guys. Harvin deal is killing them though. They are gonna pay him 11 million next year and they are killing it without him. I know they regret that move.