Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

etherdome

Seattle Has The Lines

320 posts in this topic

Idiots use any opportunity to try and bash Ryan. Seattle isn't winning the Super Bowl this year claim down people.

What else can you tell us Miss Cleo. What are the mega million lottery numbers.

Mr. Right likes this

Why not? His abilities in the pocket are clearly superior. Whearas Ryan often runs into pressure in the pocket, Wilson avoids it.

Granted, I give Pete a lot of credit for Wilson's development. I do not think Mike has nearly the same ability to develop a QB.

It's nothing against Wilson. From my experience, no quarterback will succeed behind a line incapable of run blocking and not strong enough to hold up long enough to effectively pass block. To make matters worse, the qb would also have to deal with an absent LT, his top 2 receiving options injured/out along with his #1 running back. As if that wasn't bad enough, the quarterback would also have to overcome a soft defense that can't tackle and yields 28 points per game. For all these reasons and, unfortunately, many more, Matt Ryan struggled over that 4-week stretch and I firmly believe Wilson and any other qb would, like Ryan, find success hard to come by under such overwhelming circumstances.

At this point I'm goin with a no name NFC team. Either, PHI, DAL or DET.

Their Qbs are tearing up some azz right now.

I believe one of em will get to the Bowl.

Indy has best chance. I don't see NFC doing it this year, but I think it will be a shake up on the way. Car vs Sea is gonna be a good one.

What else can you tell us Miss Cleo. What are the mega million lottery numbers.

7-16-23-27-11-31 power ball 35 estimated jackpot $37M cash payout. These magic lucky numbers will only work if you send me $19.99 today

Sidecar Falcon likes this

I do not see those teams going to SEATTLE and beating the seahawks with their 12th man.

Maybe not PHI but I think Romo or Stafford could go in there and sling that thing around. They will have to run it and play some defense though.

Maybe not PHI but I think Romo or Stafford could go in there and sling that thing around. They will have to run it and play some defense though.

Romo doesn't have what it takes. 34 years old and one playoff win lol.. As it stands nobody woud be capable of beating Seattle at their place.

Broncos vs Seattle SB

It's nothing against Wilson. From my experience, no quarterback will succeed behind a line incapable of run blocking and not strong enough to hold up long enough to effectively pass block.

That is exactly what Peyton Manning did for his entire career in Indy. So I certainly wouldn't say its impossible.

To make matters worse, the qb would also have to deal with an absent LT, his top 2 receiving options injured/out along with his #1 running back. As if that wasn't bad enough, the quarterback would also have to overcome a soft defense that can't tackle and yields 28 points per game.

This all sounds like some of Peyton's years in Indy. Even some of Tom Brady's years in New England. So, again, I wouldn't say its impossible.

With the standard for a 100 million dollar QB being set by guys of their high caliber (including Rodgers), we actually *expect* Matt Ryan to still be able to perform admirably under his poor circumstances. So I think expectations have been quite the contrary to what you've implied they should be, which explains the level disappointment expressed.

For all these reasons and, unfortunately, many more, Matt Ryan struggled over that 4-month stretch and I firmly believe Wilson and any other qb would, like Ryan, find success hard to come by under such overwhelming circumstances.

Depends on what you consider success. At least a couple of 100 million dollar QB's out there are capable of picking up a great deal of slack all on their own. Enough slack to make sure their team competes year after year with a winning record.

I'm not saying Ryan is a bad QB. He's not. I'm not saying we can't win with Ryan. Ryan is more than enough to win a championship with. But he has weaknesses that Wilson does not have; namely his presence in the pocket and his ability outside of the pocket.

I think you have to admit Wilson or any pocket savvy mobile QB would do better, especially if you're a person who blames the entirety of Matt Ryan's poor performance this season on the offensive line as many here have.

Mr. Right likes this

7-16-23-27-11-31 power ball 35 estimated jackpot $37M cash payout. These magic lucky numbers will only work if you send me $19.99 today

Only 37 million. You know it isn't worth it unless it is 3 digits. psh some miss cleo you are. IMPOSTER!!!

If Brees could not, you think Stafford or Romo could? CMON SON. They held Brees to less than 150yrds passing. They can get pressure with just 4 guys. That defense is dangerous. Russell Wilson continue to get better and better as a passer.

The Seahawks look great.....the remind me.of the 2011 packers.....Dominant 15-1 team who was putting up madden numbers......yet they became the only 15-1 number 1 seed to go one and done........if a team can go to Seattle and run the ball effectivly and take the crowd out of it they have a chance.

He may very well win a title before Ryan. That being said, if the Falcons had a same/similar defense as the Seahawks, Ryan would have already won one, possibly two championships.

Falcons had a similar "D"(2012) to the Saint team that won...made t/o- Falcons even allowed less pts/g.

Ryan threw 2 picks against Pack in 2010(-6 Falcons +6 Pack)...don't know what that has to do with "D".

He was shut out against the Giants.

Held to 10pts in combined 2nd half of Sea/SF last p/o.

He had that gawd awful fumble when the Falcons were still up against 49ers in fg range.

Why is a SB gifted to Ryan if everything wrong is righted around him...he's as culpable as anyone.

Falcons had a similar "D"(2012) to the Saint team that won...made t/o- Falcons even allowed less pts/g.

Ryan threw 2 picks against Pack in 2010(-6 Falcons +6 Pack)...don't know what that has to do with "D".

He was shut out against the Giants.

Held to 10pts in combined 2nd half of Sea/SF last p/o.

He had that gawd awful fumble when the Falcons were still up against 49ers in fg range.

Why is a SB gifted to Ryan if everything wrong is righted around him...he's as culpable as anyone.

I agree with you about the Saints 2009 comparison and I am not and have never gifted Ryan anything. He has his deficiencies and has had his struggles over the course of his career. He is by no means perfect. That being said, Ryan is more than good enough to quarterback the Falcons to a Super Bowl win. And in hypothetical land, if Ryan had Seattle's defense in 2008 & 2012, I believe we hoist the Lombardi in both years...and possibly in 2012 as well. But that's all conjecture so I am not going to argue about it. Just one anonymous persons opinion.

Look at this game by Wilson. My goodness. Matt Ryan is a veteran in this league and can't compare to a 2nd year player in Russell Wilson.

And he costs 500k, not 20 million like the BUST we have now.

Lol 20 million compared to 500k is right but a bust? Let's calm down.

Man Seattle Fans are awesome, not only because of the crowd noise thing. Their Dislike of the 49ers is hilarious. I was reading on Seahawks.net That some of the Seahawks fans bought a brick that is going to be apart of the new 49ers stadium and that some of their fans also pitched in to have a "12" banner fly over candlestick this weekend.