Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

etherdome

Seattle Has The Lines

320 posts in this topic

Hey we scored more against Seattle than the aints did. So Ryan>Brees...enough said. Our defense also allowed fewer points so our defense>aints defense.

What's the way of Rivers and Palmer? What do you attribute their lack of major success to?

O

Once mentioned as being the next elite QB but to just fade away in the background as better QBs surpass them and never win a Superbowl. There was a time when Palmer and Rivers was mentioned in the same sentence as Brady and Manning. That's just a thing of the past now. Ryan was mentioned a couple years a go. Don't see him ever mentioned again.

Your mom had a top 5 defense twice but I still got in her. bazinga.

Please jump off a bridge. 1st, because you went with I still got in her instead of I still scored, which works much better, since you are making a football reference. 2nd. you used Bazinga. Anybody who supports the big bang theory should be shot on the spot by drones.

Maybe if ryan didn't need so much help we could have afforded a good defense for him.

But we are hailing RW as the second coming because he is winning with the kind of supporting cast you "claim" Ryan requires? Wilson is a great young player...I'm not sure why that means we have to criticize Ryan. Your agenda is transparent. Regardless of the topic, you find a way to bring Ryan into the conversation.

O

Once mentioned as being the next elite QB but to just fade away in the background as better QBs surpass them and never win a Superbowl. There was a time when Palmer and Rivers was mentioned in the same sentence as Brady and Manning. That's just a thing of the past now. Ryan was mentioned a couple years a go. Don't see him ever mentioned again.

I understand the context, but are the lack of wins from the teams they're on sit on their shoulders or are they chokers?

True. Ryan had 2 really bad games.

Some bad luck with them..... but still bad games.

No one disputes that.

Yup

He had more than 2...TB and N.O. Ryan swallowed the football when he had a man open in the deciding moments of the football game(N.O.). He had enough time. No doubt Ryan is the face of the franchise, but he did himself no favors between the Az-N.O. games. I'm not a tanker so I hoped that having Ryan gave us a chance...I'm not as positive about that. Ryan played well under pressure before the bye week...it looks like the skill players do make him and break him.

I understand the context, but are the lack of wins from the teams they're on sit on their shoulders or are they chokers?

Don't recall. Whatever the reason, they just didn't get it done. The only difference is both had an ACL tear and that basically took that energy out of them. It's like they came to terms that they won't ever by Brady or Manning.

There was a saints fan on here that claimed they were going to go up to Seattle and handle business and he was going to come back and up the thread when they did. I hope the individual comes back

Another "elite" thing about Matt Ryan. His arm.

Anyone remember that hail mary he threw against the Giants couple years back in the playoffs? It traveled like 20 yards, LOL.

Whatever it was he still had a better game vs the seahawks.

that definitely trumps brees' ring.

You go kiss it and get stains all over hourself. The end of discussion is we won't win a Lombardi regardless of qb, as long as dc and hc and defense stay the same.

This defense gots to go

Whatever it was he still had a better game vs the seahawks.

okay so? he deserves credit for what he earned since he got here….but, NOW it's only fair for us fans to expect more out of him & execute better in most pivotal games. Week in & Week out no excuses about lack of playmakers. It limits your ability to perform in certain area but, that's one gets creative & adjusts to adversity.

okay so? he deserves credit for what he earned since he got here….but, NOW it's only fair for us fans to expect more out of him & execute better in most pivotal games. Week in & Week out no excuses about lack of playmakers. It limits your ability in certain area but, that's one gets creative & adjusts to adversity.

What else do you want him to do,

Go out and play fs, mlb, or dend?

He's doing all he can, and playing at a real high level. He'd be heading to the playoffs if he had a defense like brees, brady, peyton, flacco, or wilson.

His stats are pretty good considering wed been injury plagued on offense. And the o line is a bunch of cardboard cutouts.

ryan has had a top 5 defense twice. stop with the excuses.

LOL at comparing Seattle's physically dominating defense with any finesse unit the Falcons have fielded in the entirety of their not so storied history. Despite what certain statistics say, the defensive units we have fielded over the past decade have always had glaring weaknesses which above average offenses have exploited. We have never fielded a well rounded and physically dominating defense. It's just not in our DNA. Wilson has such a defense and will reap the benefits of having said defense.

But I don't think for a second that Wilson would have performed much better than Ryan if he was the Falcons signal caller this season.

What else do you want him to do,

Go out and play fs, mlb, or dend?

He's doing all he can, and playing at a real high level. He'd be heading to the playoffs if he had a defense like brees, brady, peyton, flacco, or wilson.

His stats are pretty good considering wed been injury plagued on offense. And the o line is a bunch of cardboard cutouts.

I am not disputing his stats & stats never tell you the whole story. He needs to execute better. He needs to extend plays when it matters the most. He needs to take over this offense more from Dirk Koetter & run his no huddle / read option plays to confuse defense.

LOL at comparing Seattle's physically dominating defense with any finesse unit the Falcons have fielded in the entirety of their not so storied history. Despite what certain statistics say, the defensive units we have fielded over the past decade have always had glaring weaknesses which above average offenses have exploited. We have never fielded a well rounded and physically dominating defense. It's just not in our DNA. Wilson has such a defense and will reap the benefits of having said defense.

But I don't think for a second that Wilson would have performed much better than Ryan if he was the Falcons signal caller this season.

Why not? His abilities in the pocket are clearly superior. Whearas Ryan often runs into pressure in the pocket, Wilson avoids it.

Granted, I give Pete a lot of credit for Wilson's development. I do not think Mike has nearly the same ability to develop a QB.

At this point I'm goin with a no name NFC team. Either, PHI, DAL or DET.

Their Qbs are tearing up some azz right now.

I believe one of em will get to the Bowl.

I do not see those teams going to SEATTLE and beating the seahawks with their 12th man.

From a 7-9 team to a playoff team in a matter of months, there is no shame here, its not like the Saints went from Superbowl contenders to bottom dwellers, and we can all agree on that.

We can agree the aints got embarrassed in prime time...lmao