Shouldn't Smith Be Returning Kicks, Not Rodgers?

DurtyBurdz155

This has actually been talked about before. Last year, the coaching staff listed him as a possibility as the returner, but nothing really came of it. My guess is that they think that he has more value as a gunner. It's also why we see less of him on offense; they don't want to lose the ST defense.

I can't figure out why he isn't. If its bc he is the gunner then how lame. Wasn't Weems doing both for us? And that's like saying we shouldn't play Ryan at QB because he is our best holder of PATs. Or that Deion should have never been used as a PR. When you have playmakers you get the ball in their hands as often as possible. I mean this is as bad as not putting Bosher in at LB bc he is our best Punter **sarcasm**

Yes, but Antone's not going to get many chances.

Why? Because Smitty prefers touchbacks vs a return where there's a chance of a fumble. Quizz is the safe option.

Why risk a fumble just so that your offense can get good field position or even a free score?

Safety first.

Exactly, Smith doesn't take risk, thats why he has coached us to 1 playoff win in 6 years.