Matching Up Against The Packers

BankerBird™

Alright, so, moving on to the next game...the Packers.

I haven't confirmed this, but, I think it's unlikely that Rodgers will play, so that means Flynn again at QB for Green Bay. Given the penchant this season for the Falcons defense to make average QBs, like Flynn, look like Pro-Bowlers, I'm concerned about both our CBs matching up against Nelson and Jones, two of the best route runnders in the league. Oddly enough, though, Eddie Lacy doesn't concern me all that much as I think Worrilow, Spoon and Bartu will more than hold their own in containing the Packers running game. Quarless may be the wild card for Flynn on offense, so we can't forget about him.

At the risk of ticking off some of you Clowney-ites and tankerphobes laugh.png , I think this is a game the Falcons can and will win, especially coming off an emotional win against Buffalo yesterday. I look for Roddy, Worrilow, Ryan and A. Smith (if he gets the carries) have a big day. My only question is our CBs against their WRs. Unfortunately, we're gonna need to rely on DeCouldnt to give them some help over the top.

Discuss...

I haven't confirmed this, but, I think it's unlikely that Rodgers will play, so that means Flynn again at QB for Green Bay. Given the penchant this season for the Falcons defense to make average QBs, like Flynn, look like Pro-Bowlers, I'm concerned about both our CBs matching up against Nelson and Jones, two of the best route runnders in the league. Oddly enough, though, Eddie Lacy doesn't concern me all that much as I think Worrilow, Spoon and Bartu will more than hold their own in containing the Packers running game. Quarless may be the wild card for Flynn on offense, so we can't forget about him.

At the risk of ticking off some of you Clowney-ites and tankerphobes laugh.png , I think this is a game the Falcons can and will win, especially coming off an emotional win against Buffalo yesterday. I look for Roddy, Worrilow, Ryan and A. Smith (if he gets the carries) have a big day. My only question is our CBs against their WRs. Unfortunately, we're gonna need to rely on DeCouldnt to give them some help over the top.

Discuss...

Agree with most of what you say, I saw the old Falcon team last night except for the poor protection. Roddy played great, Jax was inspired, Antone and Quizz need more touches too, and the whole D played better for the most part.

Love or hate our safeties we need them right now even with their flaws

Kinda brought a tear to my eye, then I got mad and said where the hel was this team all season?

Edited by Nono

I'm not worried about the DBs, let's not forget they had to tangle with Roddy and Julio all off season. That's a big reason they have looked so good this year so far. They may get beat here and there but it won't be much. They held Brees in check not worried about Flynn. (S/N.. I'm being told that Rodgers is done for the season. He will probably go on IR this week). Thing that concerns me most is not being able to stop the run. We give up over 100 yards rushing in every game which opens us up to the PA. With WAR and DeCoud being aggressive safeties they get caught on dbl moves and PA a lot and that's all the Packers are really good at with Rodgers under center. If you can stop GB from running and run the ball on them they are easily beatable regardless who is at QB. I think we win this game not big or easily but it won't come down to the final drive.

If we could get a sack early in the game, Flynn would be terrified - unfortunately we let very very mediocre QB's play carreer games against us, wouldn't be surprised if Flynn goes for 30/40 with +300 and a couple of TD's without a pick..

Our secondary is doing a nice job, but the front seven is at best terrible.. The only reason Worrilow looks good, is because the rest of the players suck

Discuss...

I would like to see a win, just because it could be the death blow for the Packers, and could exact a little revenge. Albeit without Rodgers a hollow revenge victory. I also want to see a victory, because we have so many rookies that need to adopt the winning spirit of sorts. Plus I'm not sold on the fact that we will get Clowney with where we sit with our current draft position even with another loss.

I think we should play every game tough; however, should lose at the end. There is no hope for this season, and picking those players at 1 or 2 selection in each round will benefit us better than a 6-10 season. You say what about pride, I say I'll be proud if we land Clowney and those early picks in each round.

Let's not get carried away here. E.J. Manuel passed for 321 on us, that brings the total to 7 QB's who had their best game of the season against us this season!

E.J Manuel passed for 210 yards bud. Did you even watch the game?

As for the OP, Lacey worries me more than anyone else on that team. One of the best tackle breakers in the league and we aren't a strong tackling team. I am sure Green Bay is going to come out and try to establish the run game early. As long as we can stop Lacey then we will definitely win.

Guest Negatorris

Let's not get carried away here. E.J. Manuel passed for 321 on us, that brings the total to 7 QB's who had their best game of the season against us this season!

Lol 321? Not even close. Did you watch the game?

Discuss...

you are aware that this game will not be played in the Toronto-Dome, right?

If we could get a sack early in the game, Flynn would be terrified - unfortunately we let very very mediocre QB's play carreer games against us, wouldn't be surprised if Flynn goes for 30/40 with +300 and a couple of TD's without a pick..

Our secondary is doing a nice job, but the front seven is at best terrible.. The only reason Worrilow looks good, is because the rest of the players suck

Did I hear right yesterday? Abe has 8 sacks in his last 6 games? Osi has been a dissappointment TO ME so far. PS - Check topic ROAD TRIP, Yes, I will be traveling next weekend to the TUNDRA. Who else is?

Did I hear right yesterday? Abe has 8 sacks in his last 6 games? Osi has been a dissappointment TO ME so far. PS - Check topic ROAD TRIP, Yes, I will be traveling next weekend to the TUNDRA. Who else is?

For the season he has 8 sacks and 3 FF.

Literally half of Abe's sacks and all of his FF came in two games. Same Abe only showing up a couple times a year.

Texans - 3 sacks, 1 FF

Seahawks - 1 sack, 2 FF