If There Were One Choice Of A Line To Fix For Next Season - Ol Or Dl?

Theyhateme : )

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man...you give me hope! So having said that, do you think that at the beginning of this season (Falcons letting go FA and clearing up space for Matt's deal) the brass intentionally took one on the chin? I clearly remember TD saying that the extra cap $$ wouldn't be for "shopping" it'll be there for an injury or so.

I do. If it were for "an injury or so," then which injury was it that prompted them to go spend the money? It's not like we haven't had a few.

No, I think they were hoping to get through this season patching it up around the seams, and the seams just busted on us when so many players got hurt. I think they've had a plan for 2014 all along. So they restructured Matt's deal and saved some cap money, and they'll go into next season in better shape than this season. The reason they didn't spend the cap money is not because they were saving it for an emergency, but because they didn't want the year 2, year 3, etc. of a player's contract given what was out there. It's the only explanation that makes sense. They think the draft and FA next season will be better to fix the holes on the offensive and defensive fronts than they were this season.

You notice how all 3 have shutdown defenses while we have a napkin.

Our D has nothing to do with how many points we score. As a matter of fact the D probably wouldn't have given up as many points if the O played better.

And like I said, those are the teams we have to compete against for the next 5 years. Cant score 10 points every time we play them.

I do. If it were for "an injury or so," then which injury was it that prompted them to go spend the money? It's not like we haven't had a few.

No, I think they were hoping to get through this season patching it up around the seams, and the seams just busted on us when so many players got hurt. I think they've had a plan for 2014 all along. So they restructured Matt's deal and saved some cap money, and they'll go into next season in better shape than this season. The reason they didn't spend the cap money is not because they were saving it for an emergency, but because they didn't want the year 2, year 3, etc. of a player's contract given what was out there. It's the only explanation that makes sense. They think the draft and FA next season will be better to fix the holes on the offensive and defensive fronts than they were this season.

I get it...but I do remember TD saying that he wasn't going "shopping" and he was saving the space in the event of an injury. We've had PLENTY, but at that time, only Roddy was hurt. Anyways, we are thinking along the same line. The brass didn't count on the OL being so bad, otherwise, they would have protected their 100M investment more wisely.

Our D has nothing to do with how many points we score. As a matter of fact the D probably wouldn't have given up as many points if the O played better.

And like I said, those are the teams we have to compete against for the next 5 years. Cant score 10 points every time we play them.

The O scored 24 points by the 4th quarter yesterday. The D gave up 31.

The O is showing improvement with the same players, and the O gets Julio back next season. The D is looking worse, the two turnovers yesterday notwithstanding, and gets Bierman back. Guess which one of those guys I think we could improve upon the most?

The O scored 24 points by the 4th quarter yesterday. The D gave up 31.

The O is showing improvement with the same players, and the O gets Julio back next season. The D is looking worse, the two turnovers yesterday notwithstanding, and gets Bierman back. Guess which one of those guys I think we could improve upon the most?

Well luckily we don't have to choose to fix one and btw I'm on the Clowney wagon. Just saying I would rather score 40 per game and give up 34 than score 13 and give up 21.

And btw the Bills suck.

Actually your absolutely incorrect that its comical.

Defensive stops increases time of possesion and how much you have the ball, thus your ability to score more points. You ever notice all the top playoffs teams have a darned good defense that can get the offense the ball back? Like the ravens, niners, patriots.

Believe it or not this wouldve made a huge diff both saints games, jets, panthers, bucs, and seahawks games. Our offense is good enough. But if your defense is looks like a soccer team you not going to win many games, see the saints pre greg williams and rob ryan, or the panthers now.

1.you cant score if you dont have the ball

2.teams have imposed their will on us by running the ball all year

DT position is a huge cancer for this team and #1 problem.

Edited by osiruz

So maybe we can build a defense that holds teams to 12-15 points a game. But wait...we'd still lose scoring 10

Ill take 10 and beat the niners than score 24 and lose. Seriously our defense was date reaped by geno smith and ej Manuel of all people.

If you can't stop the run and leak points, your gonna be out scored even with a saints offense.

Our defense leaves our offense literally no margin for error.

Defensive stops increases time of possesion and how much you have the ball, thus your ability to score more points. You ever notice all the top playoffs teams have a darned good defense that can get the offense the ball back?

Believe it or not this wouldve a huge diff both saints games, jets, panthers, bucs, and seahawks games. Our offense is good enough. But if your defense is looks like a soccer team you not going to win many games, see the saints pre greg williams and rob ryan, or the panthers now.

We gave up 23 and 17 points to NO... In today's NFL you expect to win games when giving up only 20 points.

1 we play good ball possession offense

2 they ran the ball and scored when they wanted to

3 our defense is probably the worst in the league

I'm not saying our D isn't terrible. I completely agree. I'm just saying I'd rather score 40 ppg than 17. But thankfully we can fix BOTH this offseason and not have to worry about it.

In my opinion, the OL.

I see the OL as completely broken,and not able to perform at the NFL level.

While the DL is not good enough, it simply needs to be improved, rather than completely fixed.

That's based on what we have under contract at this moment, however. The problem is that we have a lot of DTs becoming FAs in the off-season. From what I've observed of Dimitroff's off-season planning so far, it appears that the target position this year is DT.

He'll have to address both over the next two seasons, though.

I don't know how anyone can say D line. Its obvious the O line is the worst we've never had and completely hinders Ryan, Roddy, Tony, Jackson and Julio from doing anything

As much as I want DL help the OL is in shambles, it ain't sexy but fix the OL is priority 1a and DL is 1b.

Defensive stops increases time of possesion and how much you have the ball, thus your ability to score more points. You ever notice all the top playoffs teams have a darned good defense that can get the offense the ball back? Like the ravens, niners, patriots.

Believe it or not this wouldve made a huge diff both saints games, jets, panthers, bucs, and seahawks games. Our offense is good enough. But if your defense is looks like a soccer team you not going to win many games, see the saints pre greg williams and rob ryan, or the panthers now.

Pretty often this year the D has started strong for the first couple of drives. Then the offense goes three and out and the D keeps having to go right back out there and then they cave in.

It's the o-line that's holding this team back

I see us needing rg/rt on offense and dt/dt/de on defense. I'm a clowney guy, I think the impact of having him and osi will oay dividends, and just need an f.a dt.

Agree. I think Peters is the only DT we keep out of him, Jerry and Babs. We can pick up a stud in FA and a young guy in 3-4 round of draft.

It's a chicken and the egg problem.