Ryan Pulls The Trigger...311 Yards!

Theyhateme : )

Much more decisiveness as compared to last week. What stood out to me was the quick slants and Ryan's ability to get out of/move around in the pocket. The Antoine Smith play was the one he should have thrown last week to Johnson. I still can't believe that Smith didn't catch it. Nevertheless, it was the correct play. I really enjoyed watching Ryan work the offense yesterday! Kudos to the running game as well AND defense as well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was glad to see a more verticle passing game yesterday. The offense was actually in "attack mode" for once. Good mixture of run-pass play calling and there was energy among the players. Still a lot of work to do in the trenches though. Holmes and Konz are straight garbage.

ESPECIALLY Holmes! The false start made me hit the roof!

I don't see how it has anything to do with him deciding to "pull the trigger". Receivers have to get open. If anything he has pulled the trigger too often when they are not open and it has resulted in too many picks.

He still took 5 sacks and some of them were the exact same way that they have been in previous games.

The real difference is Roddy is finally looking like he is fully healthy.

I don't see how it has anything to do with him deciding to "pull the trigger". Receivers have to get open. If anything he has pulled the trigger too often when they are not open and it has resulted in too many picks.

He still took 5 sacks and some of them were the exact same way that they have been in previous games.

The real difference is Roddy is finally looking like he is fully healthy.

The ball came out quicker.

The entire offense works better when there is a threat of a run game. The same is true for any offense.

First time all season I've seen the O-line be consistent in creating running lanes for S. Jax to run between the tackles. And our WRs blocked their butts off to create space outside for A. Smith. All in all, it was a relatively good showing for the offense but, as I said, Holmes and Konz are horrible.

Not for nothing, but Holmes straight pancaked a dude on one play. He's inconsistent, but he's improving and shows a lot of promise.

The worst I saw yesterday was Hawley, which is a break from the last two games. He was directly responsible for two sacks, and maybe a third (couldn't tell whether he missed an assignment or Blaylock just whiffed on his man). If it's not one guy this season it's another. As a unit, however, I thought the line looked improved against a tough defensive front yesterday.

First time all season I've seen the O-line be consistent in creating running lanes for S. Jax to run between the tackles. And our WRs blocked their butts off to create space outside for A. Smith. All in all, it was a relatively good showing for the offense but, as I said, Holmes and Konz are horrible.

Yeah on the one 27 yard TD run by Jackson, that hole was so wide you could run a Mack truck through it without getting touched. Holmes and Konz are horrendous, add Trueblood and the tri-suckfest is complete.

Yeah on the one 27 yard TD run by Jackson, that hole was so wide you could run a Mack truck through it without getting touched. Holmes and Konz are horrendous, add Trueblood and the tri-suckfest is complete.

Oh yeah I watched that too.

Well rehearsed play by both teams.

I've been saying for weeks that he hasn't been throwing it downfield because his targets are constantly draped by defenders in one-on-one coverage since they can't get separation. He decided to go with it anyway yesterday and, lo and behold, they were constantly draped by defenders when he threw the deep ball to them.

I thought 1 on 1 coverage was the ideal situation. Of course 0 coverage would be the best.

What's false? The ball not coming out quicker?

Yes. That is false man. I watched this game again and then the previous game. The only difference I see is roddy getting seperation for the first time this year and a semblance of a running game. I'm not buying the ball coming out quicker theory at all.

Yes. That is false man. I watched this game again and then the previous game. The only difference I see is roddy getting seperation for the first time this year and a semblance of a running game. I'm not buying the ball coming out quicker theory at all.

You don't have to buy into it...I'm not trying to convince you, but you might want to review the TD to Gonzo. The ball came out quicker and with authority. Seems to me that he hit a few slants as well. So it's not a "theory" this actually happened.