Say What You Want, But I Have Never Been As Emotionally Neutral As I Was When I Watched The Atl/buf Game...

Macintez

I see what you are saying, I felt the same. However I wanted to lose. I wanted to play well which we did and then get a FG kicked on us to end it.

Winning is not what is best for this team at this point. Anyone who thinks it is has no idea what they are talking about. The future starts in May, if we don't win ourselves out of it first. Draft well. And be players in Free Agency we will be right back in the thick of it next year.

I see what you are saying, I felt the same. However I wanted to lose. I wanted to play well which we did and then get a FG kicked on us to end it.

Winning is not what is best for this team at this point. Anyone who thinks it is has no idea what they are talking about. The future starts in May, if we don't win ourselves out of it first. Draft well. And be players in Free Agency we will be right back in the thick of it next year.

I see what you're saying and feel the exact same way... don't wait until you're out of the playoff race to start winning games. It makes no sense at all. Now I'm not saying go out there and lose purposefully, but waiting until now to dig deep inside of yourself to put together a few wins is as pointless as staring at a brickwall waiting for a Picasso to fall out the sky.

If we win, good for the city, fans and the team's morale. If we lose, one step closer to Clowney. I was soulless watching that game lol I didn't know what to feel watching the game...

I was finding myself thinking....Watch the Falcons go on a 5 game winning streak and having a better chance of a first round bust.

Being a Falcon fan is a mentally torturing experience.

I felt the same, and I feel bad for saying it. A close loss would have been ideal.

i get people want that top draft pick, when their is nothing to play for, but i dont understand hw one can hope their team loses for that, im sorry i dont have a losing mentality, i want to win and see my team win no matter what. if we win out and end with a top 10pick not a top 5 pick so be it. if we lose while playing our heart out. i wont be happy but can accept it, the better team won that day even if it wasnt us. losing for a potential all star or bust is idiotic. and only one with a losing mentality is ok with that. never hope your team loses no matter what. i want Clowney here as much as the next guy, **** i would like Matthews or Mack as well, but if my team was losing on purpose for one of these players than thats just sad and wrong, and any fan that wants this team to lose, really needs to look into the mirror, and think are you a winner or are you a loser, dont give me that i want to win but i rather lose for this guy BS, that just clearly shows your a loser with a loser mentality

If they don't fix the problems they have on both sides of the trenches, then they won't be winning games much longer...

If you think that its a sure thing if we get a #1 or #2 pick that will cure all of our woes...then you have never watched football or the NFL draft.

Guys that are locks every year turn out to be busts right? We will still have a top 5 likely...we can help our DL and OL plenty this offseason even if we continue(which we wont) to win.

I agree. I was pretty emotionless the entire game, which is the complete opposite of every other falcons games I've ever watched. The only times that I got excited during the game were the BS penalty on weatherspoon when his helmet didn't even touch the other player, and the two fumbles at the end. Even if we are terrible this year it makes me happy to see us relentlessly go for the ball during an end of game situation like that.

Edited by abstract

Anyone who thinks it is has no idea what they are talking about. The future starts in May, if we don't win ourselves out of it first.

If you create a losing culture, you'll lose the respect of the players and that is far more damaging then drafting between 10-20. Jamie Dukes, a former player, a guy who has been in a locker room said as much. This team is in much better shape going into next season with momentum, confidence, and an idea of which players can compete when the chips are down. The last thing you want is cancer within a locker room and organization and that's what will happen if Falcons lose out. I want the Falcons to win out! But according to you, what the **** do I know......

Look................this LOSING CULTURE started in the champ. playoff game last Jan. against the 49'ers, then thru the entire preseason...........then continued. To further this downward spiral................INTENTIONALLY...............would be insane. As it is now they have to learn to win all over again.

Not an easy thing.

Felt somewhat the same way ---- found myself just mindlessly watching.

Then, at the end, I couldn't help but get excited when we caused the fumble,

and tied the game up .....lot of mixed feelings..

But, as a fan (since our beginning), and in my heart, I wanted us to win ----

but knew in my gut, it was better for our future if we lost ---- just don't like feeling this way.

Guess I need to relax, and leave it up to the "Football Gods"...

Edited by FalconJim

Right there with ya. That win didn't give me the feeling of a win like last year. I had that same feeling in TC and pre season because I already knew this was going to be a tough year(not 3-9 tough) because of the lines particular the Oline. We have masked the DLine with decent Oline protection the last few years this year so our offense could score 30