Pyarakamil

As of now we have the 4th pick.

1) Houston 2-10

2) Jacksonville 3-9

3) Washington 3-9 belongs to St. Louis

4) Atlanta 3-9

5) Tampa Bay 3-9

6) Minnesota 3-8-1

HOU and JAX still play each other, and we still play WAS. If we had lost we would of been 2nd instead we're 4th with WAS jumping in front of us. We need JAX to win against HOU and we have to lose to WAS to get back to 2nd overall. WAS is the only remaining game that is winnable for us. Hopefully Aaron Rodgers is back next week for the Packers. Remaining games for each team.

HOU - JAX, IND, DEN, TEN

JAX - HOU, BUF, TEN, IND

WAS - KC, ATL, DAL, NYG

ATL - GB, WAS, SF, CAR

TB - BUF, SF, STL, NO

MIN - BAL, PHI, CIN, DET

HOU has chance of winning 1 or 2 of remaining games. JAX has chance if winning 1 or 2 of remaining games. WAS's only chance is beating us and vise versa for ATL of beating WAS. TB only winnable game is BUF. And MIN doesn't win anymore games.

In order to get Clowney or get good value on our pick for a trade down, we need to be 1st or 2nd overall. To do that we MUST LOSE all of our remaining games, or else we'll be in the Top 5, but with no Clowney or option to trade down. Best case we pick 1st or 2nd trade down to 3rd overall and still get Clowney and a pick or 2. Worst case we pick 5th or 6th and grab OT Matthews or DE Khalil Mack. Next month will dictate our Future, if we hit the right buttons maybe 2014 will be a better year. If this year for us was a Super Bowl or Bust year, then it definitely was a BUST. If that is the case then playing your last 4 games as Pre-Season games and evaluate talent on the team to put us in position to win games next year. Arthur Blank has already secured Mike Smith and TD's jobs, so don't try to win meaningless games for Job Security. Us fans will understand if you play Starters for a Quarter or so and then rotate back-ups for the rest of the games to evaluate them and also give them some experience going forward.

Yahoo! Is reporting Rodgers is ready to go. JAX I'm 100% sure would take Bridgewater, HOU I'm not sold on yet. HOU could take Clowney and then Draft a QB in the 2nd who knows, remember they took Mario Williams #1 instead of Reggie Bush, at the time that looked stupid. WAS's pick goes to STL as part of RG3 trade.

Edited by Pyarakamil

Rodgers isn't going to play again this season, they've said. Or at least it's highly unlikely.

Jax and the Texans won't be picking Clowney anyway so it doesn't much matter there. They'll both go QB almost assuredly.

Washington could, in theory. Though they have other needs as well. If you really want Clowney as a lock for us though we would need to pick above Wash.

Personally i think we should trade down either way.

Edited by Lornoth

Rodgers isn't going to play again this season, they've said. Or at least it's highly unlikely.

Jax and the Texans won't be picking Clowney anyway so it doesn't much matter there. They'll both go QB almost assuredly.

Washington could, in theory. Though they have other needs as well. If you really want Clowney as a lock for us though we would need to pick above Wash.

Houston will pick Clowney...

Guest Negatorris

We will end up either #4/#5. I can see us beating WAS and GB, but not SF and CAR. Which means no Clowney. Either we trade down or get Matthews.

Something that I just realized....

If we are able to secure the 1st overall, we may have a strong chance of trading down a couple spots and still getting Clowney....because....the GM's for the Jags and Rams (they have WAS's pick) are FORMER FALCONS EXECUTIVES.

Dimitroff'd

That would be the best case scenario per my original post.

When they already have the best DE in football, and Clowney doesn't play their scheme, and their one missing piece on that team outside coaching is QB?

I find that hard to believe.

JJ Watt and Clowney on the same defense, believe that.

On another topic, let's throw the house at whoever the Texans paid to draft Watts and Mario Williams.

Ugh. Look, I want that draft pick as much as anybody. Sure, losing games can put us at an advantage later, and maybe it's best that we do that at this point...

But do you gotta talk about losing like something we strive to do? You hope Aaron Rodger's is back? Hope we lose to Washington AT HOME? I mean, it's one thing to hope we don't win too many games to shoot us in the foot and another to dread winning football games. I want the Falcons to win every week. If they carried it out and actually ran the table then I wouldn't mind--that would show that this team still has strength and resolve, they they don't just give up, and that they are he'll bent on getting their **** together next year. We have a lot of young talent being fleshed out on this aging, depth depraved, injury ravaged roster--we're asking a lot from them--and actually going out there and winning football games, not just moral victories, is what they need for their confidence. That's going to be important moving forward. You don't coach guys to be winners by making them purposefully lose ball games.

I want a high pick, but I will root for my Falcons every week. I guess the ideal scenario is that they play hard and try to win but fail... At least they played until the end right? But I can't bring myself to agonize over winning a game.

No one can say that Houston Jax or Minnie will definitely take a QB.

Clowney has been talked as the best DE prospect since Julius Peppers. Any one of those teams could grab him and take a QB in the 2nd round or trade back up into the first to take one.

Jax definitely needs a DE. Minnie does as well with Everson Griffen and Jared Allen both possibly hitting Free Agency.

I think people should come to grips with the fact that we are more than likely are not going to be picking in the top 2 or 3 spots.

Washington doesn't have the pick. They traded it to St. Louis in rg3

No one can say that Houston Jax or Minnie will definitely take a QB.

Clowney has been talked as the best DE prospect since Julius Peppers. Any one of those teams could grab him and take a QB in the 2nd round or trade back up into the first to take one.

Jax definitely needs a DE. Minnie does as well with Everson Griffen and Jared Allen both possibly hitting Free Agency.

I think people should come to grips with the fact that we are more than likely are not going to be picking in the top 2 or 3 spots.

If I were Houston amd possibly Jax I'm not sure I'd pass on Clowney

Expect us to draft in the 6-8 spot. We should still be able to draft upgrades at our weak points. A couple of smart free agent aquisitions and a decent draft should put us back at the top of the NFC. Forget Clowney, he is not in our future.

Example off season:

Free Agency:

DT: Arthur Jones

OG: Jon Asamoah

Draft:

1. OLB-Khalil Mack or DE-Hageman (3-4 DE)

2. OT-Bitoni, Schreff, or any quick-footed guy in this deep OT draft.

3. NT-McCullers, or OLB-Attachou

There are dozens of permutations. We will get better.