Pyarakamil

As of now we have the 4th pick.

1) Houston 2-10

2) Jacksonville 3-9

3) Washington 3-9 belongs to St. Louis

4) Atlanta 3-9

5) Tampa Bay 3-9

6) Minnesota 3-8-1

HOU and JAX still play each other, and we still play WAS. If we had lost we would of been 2nd instead we're 4th with WAS jumping in front of us. We need JAX to win against HOU and we have to lose to WAS to get back to 2nd overall. WAS is the only remaining game that is winnable for us. Hopefully Aaron Rodgers is back next week for the Packers. Remaining games for each team.

HOU - JAX, IND, DEN, TEN

JAX - HOU, BUF, TEN, IND

WAS - KC, ATL, DAL, NYG

ATL - GB, WAS, SF, CAR

TB - BUF, SF, STL, NO

MIN - BAL, PHI, CIN, DET

HOU has chance of winning 1 or 2 of remaining games. JAX has chance if winning 1 or 2 of remaining games. WAS's only chance is beating us and vise versa for ATL of beating WAS. TB only winnable game is BUF. And MIN doesn't win anymore games.

In order to get Clowney or get good value on our pick for a trade down, we need to be 1st or 2nd overall. To do that we MUST LOSE all of our remaining games, or else we'll be in the Top 5, but with no Clowney or option to trade down. Best case we pick 1st or 2nd trade down to 3rd overall and still get Clowney and a pick or 2. Worst case we pick 5th or 6th and grab OT Matthews or DE Khalil Mack. Next month will dictate our Future, if we hit the right buttons maybe 2014 will be a better year. If this year for us was a Super Bowl or Bust year, then it definitely was a BUST. If that is the case then playing your last 4 games as Pre-Season games and evaluate talent on the team to put us in position to win games next year. Arthur Blank has already secured Mike Smith and TD's jobs, so don't try to win meaningless games for Job Security. Us fans will understand if you play Starters for a Quarter or so and then rotate back-ups for the rest of the games to evaluate them and also give them some experience going forward.

losers mentality at its finest, play to qin and root for your team to win stop with this must lose BS.

Let me ask you a question.

What good does winning do right now? We gain nothing from it. There are no moral victories in the NFL. The FO has already said that Smitty's job is safe. Nolan isn't going anywhere. Koetter is most likely not going anywhere either, but if he is an extra win or two isn't going to save him. We're mathematically out of the playoffs at this point.

Losing the rest of our games would set this franchise up to not only never have another season as bad as this again, but to actually build some depth and get to and win a SB. I'll take future SB now over the meaningless wins in the present.

Let me ask you a question.

What good does winning do right now? We gain nothing from it. There are no moral victories in the NFL. The FO has already said that Smitty's job is safe. Nolan isn't going anywhere. Koetter is most likely not going anywhere either, but if he is an extra win or two isn't going to save him. We're mathematically out of the playoffs at this point.

Losing the rest of our games would set this franchise up to not only never have another season as bad as this again, but to actually build some depth and get to and win a SB. I'll take future SB now over the meaningless wins in the present.

you can't state that with a worst record and higher draft pick it'll set us up to never experience this again, I'm sure Manu felt the same way after the 2007 season. I'm sorry I just can't stand losing no matter what, a draft pick isn't goin to guarantee anything as much as some would like to believe,(I'm sure the chargers felt the same about Ryan Leaf) to lose for a better draft pick is not acceptable in my eyes no matter what. Maybe it is for other, but for me it is not.

you can't state that with a worst record and higher draft pick it'll set us up to never experience this again, I'm sure Manu felt the same way after the 2007 season. I'm sorry I just can't stand losing no matter what, a draft pick isn't goin to guarantee anything as much as some would like to believe,(I'm sure the chargers felt the same about Ryan Leaf) to lose for a better draft pick is not acceptable in my eyes no matter what. Maybe it is for other, but for me it is not.

You never answered my question. What do we gain by winning?

the team gains pride, carry momentum heading into next season. It's not saying much, bit what do you gain fro. Losing? A potential bust? Yea he can be an all pro as well but what you gain better draft picks. I'm sorry but like I stated their is no reason I would aprove of losing. You main gain more by losing, but I don't believe in losing that's just simply not my mentality, sorry if it is yours.

the team gains pride, carry momentum heading into next season. It's not saying much, bit what do you gain fro. Losing? A potential bust? Yea he can be an all pro as well but what you gain better draft picks. I'm sorry but like I stated their is no reason I would aprove of losing. You main gain more by losing, but I don't believe in losing that's just simply not my mentality, sorry if it is yours.

What do we gain by losing? The potential to trade down and still get Clowney. If we get the first overall pick, literally the next three teams in line want QBs. They'll get into a bidding war for Bridgewater, which will drive the price of our pick up, and regardless of who wins we'll get Clowney, PLUS whichever other picks happen to fall into our lap due to the trade.

Winning gains confidence

Losing gains draft picks

Draft picks are like a lottery. The more you have, the better your chances of hitting a jackpot.

What do we gain by losing? The potential to trade down and still get Clowney. If we get the first overall pick, literally the next three teams in line want QBs. They'll get into a bidding war for Bridgewater, which will drive the price of our pick up, and regardless of who wins we'll get Clowney, PLUS whichever other picks happen to fall into our lap due to the trade.

Winning gains confidence

Losing gains draft picks

Draft picks are like a lottery. The more you have, the better your chances of hitting a jackpot.

what if we lose out and clowney ends up a bust would it be worth it? The jackpot is won in what 1 in billion? O rather gain confidence,play the young guys and build their confidence

Yet Colts mastered it by having all those winning seasons and then when Manning went down they got #1 pick to select Luck.....so don't give me that ******** that teams don't do it.

Those are some nice meaningless buzzwords you're throwing around to support winning games that are equally meaningless. I'd prefer short term failures to help set up long term success over worthless short term "pride," and nonexistent cross season, "momentum."

what if we lose out and clowney ends up a bust would it be worth it? The jackpot is won in what 1 in billion? O rather gain confidence,play the young guys and build their confidence

If we win another game, we'll still be able to get Clowney. If we lose out and get the #1 overall pick we can trade down and get Clowney plus a second round pick. Give me the latter over the former any day of the week, twice on Sundays.

Guest fibonacci

I got a question.

you state the team carries pride and momentum..... So just curious but how has that helped us out in the past???

Guest fibonacci

better question and one that happens to frequent for the falcons........"What if we take a player who feel to us because he is injury prone. and then we find our next samantha baker???"

What is the point of winning you ask? Winning is what good franchises do on a CONSISTENT basis. Do we tell the fans for the remainder of the season don't bother coming to the home games because we are going to purposely lose? Do you think Arthur Blank wants to see an empty dome? Do you think a record of 2-14 or a record of 7-9 will be more appealing to fans deciding if they want to purchase Falcons merchandise or go to a home game next year? Is the draft the only way to improve a roster? You do realize there is free agency right? If a team has to rely on getting the #1 pick to get "maximum value" that team must really only be as good as a 0-16/2-14 team. What happens if you have the #1 pick and you don't need a QB and nobody is going to trade up with you and you're stuck selecting a player there? Do you trade down with a team who doesn't give you maximum value? You don't even see the whole picture.

We are in fact #4. I honestly don't like the idea of losing on purpose though.

But I can see us winning two more games: Green Bay and Washington. Green Bay depends on if Rodgers comes back and Washington, well they just suck.

Would really love Clowney though, but I hate losing. Regardless of draft position, we need to hit this draft on the head.