A One-Two Punch Of The Future?

Miller2Rison

at this point after watching Jason Snelling since he was drafted in 2009 he has been nothing but impressive and Anton Smith hits home runs every time he gets a carry, this could be a good combo and we could use Quizz in a trade and most likely just let Steven Jackson go for cap space and bring in a 3rd string back around the 4th or 5th round of the draft.

Snelling can wear defenses down with power running and he is still a threat out of the back field plus he blocks well. Smith can come in after a defense is wore down and take runs to the house.

with this coachinf staff it may never happen but you cant argue with the results Smith has put out this year along with the results Snelling has put out since 2009.

I may be in the minority here but I think Steven Jackson has to go yeah he is be yada yada yada but he looks slow to me he doesn't look like much of an upgrade over Michael Turner except for the occasional catch out of the backfield we could totally Roll with snelling quiz and Smith to get the desired results

at this point after watching Jason Snelling since he was drafted in 2009 he has been nothing but impressive and Anton Smith hits home runs every time he gets a carry, this could be a good combo and we could use Quizz in a trade and most likely just let Steven Jackson go for cap space and bring in a 3rd string back around the 4th or 5th round of the draft.

Snelling can wear defenses down with power running and he is still a threat out of the back field plus he blocks well. Smith can come in after a defense is wore down and take runs to the house.

with this coachinf staff it may never happen but you cant argue with the results Smith has put out this year along with the results Snelling has put out since 2009.

He was drafted by McKay before 2009.

Edited by Sting

I don't think any of our backs are the future. I think you need a guy that is the total package at RB. Quizz and Snelling are too slow. Smith has the speed but short on experience. Jackson is getting up in age. I just don't see a young complete RB on our roster.

i cant believe im sayin this but i think some of yall are undervalueing afeature back .... Weve seen this story when Turner went down the last couple of years ... i like snells .. he is a good utility player but he is not a lead back ..... i actually like some backs in this draft .. backs you can get in the 3rd or 4th round but i see us keeping Steven Jackson

Can we please just draft a #1 workhorse back? Tired of these guys that need to alternate carries because they can't carry the full load.

We need our Zac Stacy.

That would be nice but there are very few featured backs in the NFL. The running back by committee has had recent success and until it proves to be ineffective, then its going to stay.