Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowen

Toronto Has A Ton Of Falcons Fans!

35 posts in this topic

Just getting back from my road trip to the game, first ever NFL game for me and it was so fun! Regardless of the two teams records it was a really good game. I got to meet Roddy Whites mother she was sitting near me (I guess she goes to all his games?) Roddy ran to see his mom after the game near the guard rails & Spoon came running and jumped the guard rail into the crowd. There was alot of falcons fans on our side so people just swarmed toward them to try and grab a picture.... Overall great experience and maybe next falcons game I go to will be in the Dome!

Oh ****. That was right by me. I didn't know Roddy's mom attended the game as well

They played a preseason game in Japan a few years ago....only other time they left the US

Not completely true. Well, we've played in Tokyo twice (against Dallas and Indianapolis).

Mega Flare likes this

What the heck is with the train whistle. It was going off constantly. I know some stadium somewhere has a little train that goes around it I think, but I didn't think it was skydome.

It was annoying to say the least. I noticed lots of cheering too, but didn't know if it was from Falcon fans or just neutral fans.

I thought the train whistle was for 3rd downs, but then I started hearing it at weird times. I know there's a big rail line outside; either way, that was annoying as heII.

I agree about the train whistle - almost as annoying as the horn in Minnesota. I also commented several times that I could hear the cheering loudly when the Falcons made a good play. It was very noticeable although the announcers made a clear effort to ignore it. In fact, they commented how nice it was that Toronto got to see their beloved Bills. LOL - I said it sounded like he said that on purpose because although the Bills fans were out in force - there was a clear presence from Falcons fans as well.

Way to represent, Canadian fans - you did us proud!

We tried our best. I actually liked that we were the minority and we were able to show that the Falcons are definitely supported north of the border

Tandy likes this

Not in my section. Straight trollin', untill we sat them down and shut them up.

Were you near section 235? There was two idiot bills fans (actually think they were falcons-haters, rather than bills fans to be honest.. probably drunk unemployed saints fans if I was to guess) who just kept talking about Matt Ryan throwing picks and etc.. and once we scored the touchdown to tie the game, they got up and walked out, even though the game wasnt over.. The best feeling in the world, seeing sht talkers eat some crow.

Mega Flare likes this

Just getting back from my road trip to the game, first ever NFL game for me and it was so fun! Regardless of the two teams records it was a really good game. I got to meet Roddy Whites mother she was sitting near me (I guess she goes to all his games?) Roddy ran to see his mom after the game near the guard rails & Spoon came running and jumped the guard rail into the crowd. There was alot of falcons fans on our side so people just swarmed toward them to try and grab a picture.... Overall great experience and maybe next falcons game I go to will be in the Dome!

That's awesome, I was wondering why they jumped into the crowd. It was the section over from me but I couldn't get there. The amount of Falcon fans really blew me away, it seemed more like a home game than road game. Matt Bryant's wife and son were sitting just in front of us, my wife and I spent most of the 4th quarter talking to them between plays. After the game Matt sent two pairs of gloves and a towel to his son and she gave us a set of gloves as a keep sake for our son. I've never seen a kicker wear gloves so I'm not sure who's they were. Probably one of the coolest experiences I've had and am very glad the falcons didn't quit on the year yet because that was a heck of a game to watch

Were you near section 235? There was two idiot bills fans (actually think they were falcons-haters, rather than bills fans to be honest.. probably drunk unemployed saints fans if I was to guess) who just kept talking about Matt Ryan throwing picks and etc.. and once we scored the touchdown to tie the game, they got up and walked out, even though the game wasnt over.. The best feeling in the world, seeing sht talkers eat some crow.

I was on the side of the endzone (right in front of the last pass interference call), and there were "Bills fans" saying Go _Aints, so logic says they were just d-bags. Fun seeing them STFU after we won and I rubbed it in their astonished faces. Even the airport employees were bitching about the PI call, but they were less invested in it. Overall, loved that city.

Wow.. I wasn't expected this, I flew all the way from Halifax to see this game (my only NFL game I've seen in my life; since I've never been in the states) and I was blown away by the Falcons fan support.. There was almost as much Falcons jerseys as Bills jerseys!

I even seen a BARTU jersey on some girl! Insanely cool.

The best part of the story; I sat next to a few falcons fans behind the bench kinda (row 235 or so) - and behind us was these 3 bills fans, too drunk to notice how much of ******** they were being (their friend appologized actually) - They were screaming all 4th quarter how bad we were.. They were going on how "We're in the Falcon section and telling them how bad they are!" (cause it was all Falcons fans there basically) - Then when they fumbled at the end of the game, they all got up and walked out without making a sound. We all turned to them as they walked out and laughed and screamed at them to get the **** out of here. So good.

I think the Bills have a very good young team, they are gonna be good in two years with experience.. But drunk fans at sporting events really kills the mood. Thankfully the Falcons won!

Snowen, you are one lucky man or woman. From one Nova Scotian to another.....Glad you enjoyed it!

Snowen likes this

Wow.. I wasn't expected this, I flew all the way from Halifax to see this game (my only NFL game I've seen in my life; since I've never been in the states) and I was blown away by the Falcons fan support.. There was almost as much Falcons jerseys as Bills jerseys!

I even seen a BARTU jersey on some girl! Insanely cool.

The best part of the story; I sat next to a few falcons fans behind the bench kinda (row 235 or so) - and behind us was these 3 bills fans, too drunk to notice how much of ******** they were being (their friend appologized actually) - They were screaming all 4th quarter how bad we were.. They were going on how "We're in the Falcon section and telling them how bad they are!" (cause it was all Falcons fans there basically) - Then when they fumbled at the end of the game, they all got up and walked out without making a sound. We all turned to them as they walked out and laughed and screamed at them to get the **** out of here. So good.

I think the Bills have a very good young team, they are gonna be good in two years with experience.. But drunk fans at sporting events really kills the mood. Thankfully the Falcons won!

Well GRATS on seeing your first game, and really glad the Falcons put on a good show for ya!