Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowen

Toronto Has A Ton Of Falcons Fans!

35 posts in this topic

Wow.. I wasn't expected this, I flew all the way from Halifax to see this game (my only NFL game I've seen in my life; since I've never been in the states) and I was blown away by the Falcons fan support.. There was almost as much Falcons jerseys as Bills jerseys!

I even seen a BARTU jersey on some girl! Insanely cool.

The best part of the story; I sat next to a few falcons fans behind the bench kinda (row 235 or so) - and behind us was these 3 bills fans, too drunk to notice how much of ******** they were being (their friend appologized actually) - They were screaming all 4th quarter how bad we were.. They were going on how "We're in the Falcon section and telling them how bad they are!" (cause it was all Falcons fans there basically) - Then when they fumbled at the end of the game, they all got up and walked out without making a sound. We all turned to them as they walked out and laughed and screamed at them to get the **** out of here. So good.

I think the Bills have a very good young team, they are gonna be good in two years with experience.. But drunk fans at sporting events really kills the mood. Thankfully the Falcons won!

Very cool. I thought I heard loud roars of cheers when the Falcons made a big play. I figured it was neutral fans cheering for a good play. Glad you were able to see them!

NJDirtyBird7 likes this

So many Falcons fans today - glad everyone showed up - had a blast!

And best part about Toronto fans, no ******** after the game, no fighting, nothing.

The only thing that caused a commotion was our mayor being there and giving us all high fives.

LOL

Mega Flare and Snowen like this

What the heck is with the train whistle. It was going off constantly. I know some stadium somewhere has a little train that goes around it I think, but I didn't think it was skydome.

It was annoying to say the least. I noticed lots of cheering too, but didn't know if it was from Falcon fans or just neutral fans.

What the heck is with the train whistle. It was going off constantly. I know some stadium somewhere has a little train that goes around it I think, but I didn't think it was skydome.

It was annoying to say the least. I noticed lots of cheering too, but didn't know if it was from Falcon fans or just neutral fans.

Think it's from the local brewery, Steam Whistle. They put it in there for character I guess.

And best part about Toronto fans, no ******** after the game, no fighting, nothing.

The only thing that caused a commotion was our mayor being there and giving us all high fives.

LOL

Your "Mayor" should just go away for good, that fat slob is an embarrassment to our Country. Only in Hog town.....

Question: Was this the Falcons'' first regular season game outside the US?

I don't see why it wouldn't be. Good question...

I dunno the reason why the train noise was there.. but basically; everytime the Falcons faced 3rd down, they would play the train sound and say "MAKE SOME NOISE" all over the stadium.. It did get very annoying very fast.

LOL

That's amazing and very cool for you guys..It did seem like a lot of Falcon jersays in the stands. Good thing that Mayor Ford didn't charge the field after the game! laugh.png

Congratulations Snowen and No Gimmicks Needed, I'm glad you guys got to see a win. The Falcons are also undefeated when I attend games (1-0) smile.png

One of those people rolleyes.gif. lol

Glad you guys up north got to attend a Falcons game. A good one at that.

Yeah that train whistle sucked balls. There were quite a few times when it was being sounded I thought it violated NFL rules for stadium/team-induced noise at the times it they played it.

Great game yesterday, I had some ********* that was drunk as **** yelling for the bills and making dumb noises, but for the most part it was all falcons fans around me. Great game, never realized how good Tru was until yesterday night.

Question: Was this the Falcons'' first regular season game outside the US?

They played a preseason game in Japan a few years ago....only other time they left the US

I don't think I can post the video because of some of the language, but please look up "Rob Ford and Chris Farley video mash up" on youtube. It is hilarious.

Glad you guys up north got to attend a Falcons game. A good one at that.

Mine wasn't in the north. I made a trip to the dome. They beat the Saints during their Aaron Brooks era. Vick tossed a 74 yard TD pass to the immortal Trevor Gaylor.

Just getting back from my road trip to the game, first ever NFL game for me and it was so fun! Regardless of the two teams records it was a really good game. I got to meet Roddy Whites mother she was sitting near me (I guess she goes to all his games?) Roddy ran to see his mom after the game near the guard rails & Spoon came running and jumped the guard rail into the crowd. There was alot of falcons fans on our side so people just swarmed toward them to try and grab a picture.... Overall great experience and maybe next falcons game I go to will be in the Dome!

I was there, and all of the Falcons fans I met were actually from Atlanta. A few locals may have worn Falcons gear, but there were few from what I could tell.

I agree about the train whistle - almost as annoying as the horn in Minnesota. I also commented several times that I could hear the cheering loudly when the Falcons made a good play. It was very noticeable although the announcers made a clear effort to ignore it. In fact, they commented how nice it was that Toronto got to see their beloved Bills. LOL - I said it sounded like he said that on purpose because although the Bills fans were out in force - there was a clear presence from Falcons fans as well.

Way to represent, Canadian fans - you did us proud!