Came Back For The Win.....

Been a couple of months ago that I left the board and I had in mind to be gone the whole season but I decided what the heck, a winning Sunday, I'll post for a change. I have checked in occasionally and read a bit and was not surprised to see the same old idiocy in the form of "fire Smitty" and "tank the season" threads, all from the usual suspects. Thankfully Mike Smith isn't going anywhere and contrary to what some were posting, the team hasn't quit on him. Is 3-9 where I want to be? No of course not but this team will be better and stronger for this lost season in the long run. We are also not that far away from being right back where we were last year. Let the key injuries heal and do a little work on the lines and this team is right back in business next season. As far as what this does for our draft pick, it's hard to say, but it's worth noting that a few teams we are worrying about draft positioning with won today also. Just got to say, anyone who would ever watch this team and actually want them to lose just isn't a real Falcon fan in my book. Draft pick position or not. Y'all have a good one.

I was thinking about this whole "tank the season" mentality again today and it occurs to me that the same people who are advocating it would probably be the very people on here otherwise whining and crying and calling players out for being quitters or "taking plays off". But hey, what can you expect from the lunatic fringe of this fanbase that wants to fire the most successful coach in franchise history after one bad injury riddled season?

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

Before every game, I want to see us win. But I will admit, after a loss, the thought crosses my mind that we will at least get a higher pick that we could possibly trade down from. I never pull for us to lose, but it does soften the blow when we do. It's more of a coping mechanism to get over the loss.

Guest fibonacci

Been a couple of months ago that I left the board and I had in mind to be gone the whole season but I decided what the heck, a winning Sunday, I'll post for a change. I have checked in occasionally and read a bit and was not surprised to see the same old idiocy in the form of "fire Smitty" and "tank the season" threads, all from the usual suspects. Thankfully Mike Smith isn't going anywhere and contrary to what some were posting, the team hasn't quit on him. Is 3-9 where I want to be? No of course not but this team will be better and stronger for this lost season in the long run. We are also not that far away from being right back where we were last year. Let the key injuries heal and do a little work on the lines and this team is right back in business next season. As far as what this does for our draft pick, it's hard to say, but it's worth noting that a few teams we are worrying about draft positioning with won today also. Just got to say, anyone who would ever watch this team and actually want them to lose just isn't a real Falcon fan in my book. Draft pick position or not. Y'all have a good one.

I'm just not a fan then to you. I need to start packing my bags and TC break downs and helping fans here get signatures from other countries, and helping people from out of state know what goes on in camp, and taking pictures, etc etc. you get the point, I'll just pack my bags. Thanks for showing me I am not a fan for wanting to tank the season for a low draft pick.

knowshon-cries-2.gif

i understand wanting to get a better draft pick...its of my opinion though, that if we finish the season strong it will carry over into next season...we will still have a bitter taste in our mouths but we will still have some confidence. i think getting our confidence back is of more importance then any pick we will get

I'm just not a fan then to you. I need to start packing my bags and TC break downs and helping fans here get signatures from other countries, and helping people from out of state know what goes on in camp, and taking pictures, etc etc. you get the point, I'll just pack my bags. Thanks for showing me I am not a fan for wanting to tank the season for a low draft pick.

knowshon-cries-2.gif

In my opinion, which I'm entitled to, you are a sorry worthless excuse for a Falcons fan if you ever under any circumstances WANT the team to lose. There's just no excuse for that mentality in my book. Now in a season like this one when we do lose, I'll say to myself "oh well, guess that will help us in the draft" . I'm certainly guilty of that after the fact but I never go into a game wanting a loss. Been a fan of this team for going on 45 years now and suffered through more losses than I can count and the thought of someone wanting a loss absolutely disgust me!

Fire Mike Smith! Tank the season!

knowshon-cries-2.gif

I want hard fought losses. A win I love as well though. I love you're breakdowns and what not but I still can't cheer for losses no matter what. I want losses now but I still absolutely love wins no matter what. Everyone is different though. Everyone has opinions.

Please keep up the great work.

I share the same sentiments as the OP. I don't want to wish for losses just to get some player in the draft. Losing is a bad thing for a team to get used to. Look at Detroit. Detroit is having a good season in their terrible division, but for years they have sucked and picked up a lot of stud players just to continue to suck.

The Falcons need some new blood that can make plays, no doubt about it, but you want the new players to learn from winners and not losers. I know right now we have some losers on the team, but we also have some winners as well.

Wow look, a good post. Nice job OP. Have to have a strong mind on this board. The trolling is out of hand here and even blatant trolls run around with not a care in the world.

The Falcons will be back next year. Can't wait to see Ryan,Julio,and Roddy lighting it up next year.But there is alot of work to be done in the offseason if we ever hope to be SB contenders next season

Love your loyalty just not so sure much of it isn't blind loyalty. I'll start by pointing out our only key injury is Julio Jones. I say this because before this season baker nor Johnson has ever been healthy. The truth of the matter imo is that we are due for a change at the top of our organization.

Dimitriof is completely responsible for the drop off in oline play for banking on his hand picked undertalented unknown and unproven commodities alone.

Smith while running a good program has never seemed to figure out how to take it to the next level. There is not one player that I have seen develop under his regime from d line to oline to safety to linebacker. A strong point can be made that the players we have drafted and that done well have not exceeded the production that we saw out of them in college.

We have changed both coordinators, we have even changed our strength coordinator yet our ability too produce coming out of the half, our ability to compete against top top tear talent consistently ,and our ability to impose our own will has never taken root.

As loyal as a fan you and I may be to the falcons i think it is a mistake to not believe that incompetence has not played a part in our ability to not reach the big game or our losing season

Edited by atlGM

Fairweather.

The sarcasm is funny but really I'm anything but a fairweather fan. As I said and as my screen name says, I've been following this team faithfully for forty five years, since I was six years old. That's longer than a lot of posters on this board have even been alive. I left because I got sick of all the "fire Mike Smith" threads and the morons who were posting them.