Tanking Team

ATLsuperfan247

Is not the Atlanta Falcons. Its the real Houston Texans. They are virtually in the top 10 at every phase in the league. They only have 3 true starters injured. But yet they are 2-9. In the last Decade the Texans have 4 DE's of 6 Defensive lineman in the First round. So what im getting at is they will likely pick before us in the draft no matter what because they are purposefully tanking there season and we are not. They have no real reason to be 2-9 right now. And i see us beating the bills. And and going by there history they will be picking Clowney. In the last 13 years they have picked one Quarterback and failed with David Carr overall. I dont see them drafting another First round Quarterback. Just saying our odds of getting Clowney are low especially when you have teams purposefully losing games for him.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are they the ones tanking? We are the only team in the "race" with an "elite" qb.

we let go key players on our oline in the off season. We lost 2 olineman to injuries. we lost a star Wr and one playing injured. The Texans has the same oline same team minus arian foster. Same defense. The same team that got to the playoffs last year. Seems pretty suspect that after 2 winning seasons in a row and a year that some can argue that has the best DE prospect in decades. Also given since in the last decade they have picked 4 DE's in the first round of 4 seasons is saying a lot that they like there DE's. There tanking for Clowney. Oh and and in 2011 and 2012 are 2 back to back seasons they have picked DE's in the first round.

we let go key players on our oline in the off season. We lost 2 olineman to injuries. we lost a star Wr and one playing injured. The Texans has the same oline same team minus arian foster. Same defense. The same team that got to the playoffs last year. Seems pretty suspect that after 2 winning seasons in a row and a year that some can argue that has the best DE prospect in decades. Also given since in the last decade they have picked 4 DE's in the first round of 4 seasons is saying a lot that they like there DE's. There tanking for Clowney. Oh and and in 2011 and 2012 are 2 back to back seasons they have picked DE's in the first round.

Bro.

The Texans don't have their starting qb. Their tailspin is is an expected consequence. Stop pis**** in the wind.

BTW. Who's fan base is openly campaigning for tanking? The fact is, the whole purpose of this thread is to vent frustration that somebody might "out-tank" us. That's sad. And then turn around and claim the qb is all-world. It's embarrassing.

Edited by LotsaPoppa

Julio is the only key injury we had. Mike Johnson and Sam Baker are both below average. I can't believe people think those really affected us. Baker has been terrible 5 out of 6 years on this team

Texans won't take a QB. I can see them going after Clowney. It would give them a great rotation up front. I can also see them trading down to improve their secondary.

They did invest in Schaub, but I think they are going to cut their losses. I do not think they believe they can win with Schaub. They have too good of a team to be at the bottom of the barrel with the likes of us, especially since their injuries are not as serve. I think they will go QB.

They did invest in Schaub, but I think they are going to cut their losses. I do not think they believe they can win with Schaub. They have too good of a team to be at the bottom of the barrel with the likes of us, especially since their injuries are not as serve. I think they will go QB.

I can see them drafting Bridgewater if they get the #1 pick and cutting Schaub immediately or drafting Mariota or whichever other project QB prospect is the flavor of the month in the draft lead up, sticking with Schaub for another season to develop their new QB, and then cutting Schaub after that. They'd save around $4.5 million and $10 million in cap space with those scenarios, respectively. It's also not like it's probable that they'll be in this position again any time soon so why squander it? Schaub is just an above average QB who looked like garbage this season before getting hurt and is overpaid on top of that.

I can see them drafting Bridgewater if they get the #1 pick and cutting Schaub immediately or drafting Mariota or whichever other project QB prospect is the flavor of the month in the draft lead up, sticking with Schaub for another season to develop their new QB, and then cutting Schaub after that. They'd save around $4.5 million and $10 million in cap space with those scenarios, respectively. It's also not like it's probable that they'll be in this position again any time soon so why squander it? Schaub is just an above average QB who looked like garbage this season before getting hurt and is overpaid on top of that.

Looking back at the 2008 season and other teams. If you are in the position and it is a need, then you have to go QB. I think the texans will regret the decision, if they keep schaub and go clowney. I do not think Schaub can lead them to the Super Bowl. Their defense is too good, plus they have a nice run game. It is almost surprising that they haven't been to the super bowl.

BTW. Who's fan base is openly campaigning for tanking? The fact is, the whole purpose of this thread is to vent frustration that somebody might "out-tank" us. That's sad. And then turn around and claim the qb is all-world. It's embarrassing.

Yeah and then theres those people that think the only position on the team that matters is the QB. I hate those people... you know?