Players To Watch During Uga Vs Gt

bigjmw84

mI do alsoI do also, but... what if he becomes the next AP?

Gurley can do everything you want your RB to do... in any scheme.

Well, first of all as good as Gurley is I don't see him being "the next AP". He doesn't have AP's speed or elite change of direction ability, he's just a really good downhill runner with great vision.

And second of all, so what if he is the next AP? How much has AP done for the Vikings without better surrounding pieces? Runningbacks, even the best in the league, don't win you games. They're interchangeable and replaceable. Give me an average RB (say Quizz or Tate for Houston) behind a studly OL rather than a stud RB behind an average to mediocre OL any day of the week.

Well, first of all as good as Gurley is I don't see him being "the next AP". He doesn't have AP's speed or elite change of direction ability, he's just a really good downhill runner with great vision.

And second of all, so what if he is the next AP? How much has AP done for the Vikings without better surrounding pieces? Runningbacks, even the best in the league, don't win you games. They're interchangeable and replaceable. Give me an average RB (say Quizz or Tate for Houston) behind a studly OL rather than a stud RB behind an average to mediocre OL any day of the week.

You're wearing your GM hat. I was commenting with my "Fan Hat" on for a moment. wink.png

IF we had the studly OL in place AND had Gurley that would be something though....

Not every situation is the same. Just because AP hasn't helped the Vikings although he has been great doesn't mean you refuse a potential gamechanger like AP or your team. Thats not smart.

A gamechanging RB with Matt Ryan and Julio and Roddy is different than AP's situation.

I get your point that it's pointless to have a franchise RB without a franchise QB in place but what is the point of being content with a mediocre RB if you can get a good one? I'd have no confidence in our running game if Quizz was our primary back and even less with Tate considering he can't stay healthy as a backup.

I get your point that it's pointless to have a franchise RB without a franchise QB in place but what is the point of being content with a mediocre RB if you can get a good one? I'd have no confidence in our running game if Quizz was our primary back and even less with Tate considering he can't stay healthy as a backup.

We only run the ball around 30% of the time. That's my point. Why do we need an elite RB if he's only going to be relevant 30% of our offensive plays? That's like drafting a 2 down rotational NT in the first round.

Because Koetter is incompetent?

Whether he is or not, that's our offense for now. We've run the ball 194 times (plus 12 Matt Ryan scrambles) and Matt has dropped back 455 times (again, 12 of those ended up with him scrambling) so we've called 29.9% runs.

Wilson looked lost the first half of the season, but really turned it around at ILB. RG Burnette got beat like a drum in the 1st half but was a machine in the 2nd. It sucks Garrison Smith missed his last game against GT. J Atrachou might just be a steal if he is sitting their in the 3rd round.

Great day for Draft junkie's to watch some of our possible prospects. I think it is obvious that if Clowney is there we have to go though he hasn't been as dominant as pass years. My only worry about him is he becoming too much of a Diva? I do like Quarles though and trying to think what round we make a stab at him 3-4? I watched Tenn. and here's my take I like JuWan James for OT for a 4th rounder. A lot on this Board have been touting big 6:8 355 DT McCullers so I watched him. Big but not ready to start in NFL but definitely a good 4th round consideration. I watched Stanford and really liked Yankey, he is athletic and can run! I would be happy with him in the 2nd as our OG or Jackson or Richardson. I was really impressed with Ra-shed Hagerman, he made some big plays against MSU over the Center he stuffed a 4 and 1 and had a fumble recovery He can also play on the outside. If we win out of the Top 3 sweepstakes then I would definitely consider him for our 1st pick if we are picking 8-12. I don't know about Barr, he will probably tear up the Combine because he is a former RB and he can run but really I like G.T. Attachou before picking Barr. Attachou got double teamed most of the night but he is a player and unlike Barr you won't have to use a 1-2 round pick on him. Another guy I liked is ASU DT, Will Sutton he is a stud and will be a nice 2nd rounder for somebody. G.T. Jemea Thomas S/CB and Auburn's CB. C. Smith are player's who aren't rated high but would be very good 5-7 round considerations. Alabama has a lot of talent BUT didn't blow me away. Missouri has some prospects, the DE's look like good 3rd rounders but they have a WR and some OL's that are under the radar and would definitely consider late rounds. Mich. St. has a 2 LB's that are solid, one Allen probably won't go high because he is like 5:11 230 but he is a hitter who can play and will also help some on ST.

We only run the ball around 30% of the time. That's my point. Why do we need an elite RB if he's only going to be relevant 30% of our offensive plays? That's like drafting a 2 down rotational NT in the first round.

Thats because atm we arent good at running the ball. You really don't think our playcalling wouldn't change with a better running game????

Prime example: Packers picked up Lacy and their running game got better and their run percentages got higher. We're not signing AP in free agency. We're drafting a RB that could make us elite by versatility.

Edited by ATLFalcons11

Guest King Jigsaw

I think if you can fix the O-line this year then why not draft a back like Gurley the following year if you can? It will do for us what everyone thought Trent was going to do for the Colts.