To Fan Or Not To Fan....

Rave

LOL SR, I was referring to my brother, the FSU fan.....he gets mad when I call him a logo fan. Well, thats what he is, a fan of the logo. He cant name the QB (or any other player on the team) and he never watches them. He just started keeping up with the score of their games this year (big surprise). He does the same thing with the Raiders. He cant tell you a thing about either team other than the score from ESPN.

LOL SR, I was referring to my brother, the FSU fan.....he gets mad when I call him a logo fan. Well, thats what he is, a fan of the logo. He cant name the QB (or any other player on the team) and he never watches them. He just started keeping up with the score of their games this year (big surprise). He does the same thing with the Raiders. He cant tell you a thing about either team other than the score from ESPN.

He's just getting caught up in their run. It's like people that get all excited about a heavy-weight title fight and go to a bar to watch, but haven't the faintest clue about boxing or even whose in the fight. I'm surprised he even knows they're ranked #2.

He's just getting caught up in their run. It's like people that get all excited about a heavy-weight title fight and go to a bar to watch, but haven't the faintest clue about boxing or even whose in the fight. I'm surprised he even knows they're ranked #2.

Well, he gets updates on his tablet about them. Hes been a "fan" for years, but never keeps up with them. Yet, he pokes fun at me because I never miss a UGA game or Dallas game when I can help it.

My cousin is like Rave's brother. He insiosts that he's a huge 49ers fan, but only watches them if they're on a local TV broadcast(ie no NFLST, no sports bar, etc)

He can name players on the team, he just doesn't care to watch the games if it eans he has to come out of pocket.

It should be noted however, that he is, in every sense of the word(s) 'a drug addict' I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.

How many say NO if its their women sitting next to them saying they are a fan of your team?

Saying no to her means her saying no to you later than night.... So yeah there is circumstances where you can be a fan (if your female) not knowing anything about a team except the cool colors that match her shoes.

If you agree, your obviously happily married.

If you disagree you arent married and that might be 1 reason why your not.

Guest fibonacci

+1

This is how i fell about Georgia fans. And Georgia tech fans are worse.

They might know a few players and i still call them a logo fan. (nice word and I'll be using that instead of a fake fan).

+1

This is how i fell about Georgia fans. And Georgia tech fans are worse.

They might know a few players and i still call them a logo fan. (nice word and I'll be using that instead of a fake fan).

Ive been a fan of UGA through Goff, Donnan, and now Richt.....and I will be a fan til the day they bury me.

Guest fibonacci

Ive been a fan of UGA through Goff, Donnan, and now Richt.....and I will be a fan til the day they bury me.

see i only rally know ritch. And uga fans. Even in that stupid forum here (college forum), only know ritch.

I like mizz the most, but root for my Georgia just cause my family likes them. Lol. So in a way in some kind of"not true fan". Yet i know i can list more players from uga then over half that forum here for college.

see i only rally know ritch. And uga fans. Even in that stupid forum here (college forum), only know ritch.

I like mizz the most, but root for my Georgia just cause my family likes them. Lol. So in a way in some kind of"not true fan". Yet i know i can list more players from uga then over half that forum here for college.

I only go there around signing day. I get tired of the "fire Richt" posts. Georgia hadnt won a SEC Title in 20 years before Richt became the HC. Now that UGA regularly competes for the SEC East and SEC Titles they want to fire Richt because he hasnt won a BCS Title. That just makes no sense to me. So, you want to roll the dice on not even competing for the conference title anymore just to see if another HC can get you closer than Richt? I dont get that.

As far as the naming players....I could probably sit here and name most of the starting offense this year without looking them up. However, after having 8 freshmen/sophmores start on defense it would be difficult to name them. I watched every game this year other than Kentucky, Georgia Tech, and Arkansas St.

As for Mizzou, I liked them BEFORE they were in the SEC. Im more of a logo fan of them though. Dont really keep up with them, but I know that school always competes and puts out some good players (Weatherspoon, Maclin, Richardson).

Guest fibonacci

I only go there around signing day. I get tired of the "fire Richt" posts. Georgia hadnt won a SEC Title in 20 years before Richt became the HC. Now that UGA regularly competes for the SEC East and SEC Titles they want to fire Richt because he hasnt won a BCS Title. That just makes no sense to me. So, you want to roll the dice on not even competing for the conference title anymore just to see if another HC can get you closer than Richt? I dont get that.

As far as the naming players....I could probably sit here and name most of the starting offense this year without looking them up. However, after having 8 freshmen/sophmores start on defense it would be difficult to name them. I watched every game this year other than Kentucky, Georgia Tech, and Arkansas St.

As for Mizzou, I liked them BEFORE they were in the SEC. Im more of a logo fan of them though. Dont really keep up with them, but I know that school always competes and puts out some good players (Weatherspoon, Maclin, Richardson).

I thought coofman was going to be a top TE on receiving. and you see it sometimes, but nothing like I thought.

I like them more in the SEC because they finally get to play better teams, and I feel they could always live up to it. I had a feeling about Texas as well, but I did not see them being as good.

There is now a lot of games I like to watch when it is SEC vs SEC. but there is still a few teams I SMH on.

UGH...my brother didnt even know that FSU was playing today.....then when he overheard me say they were winning and will probably be in the BCS Championship game he cheered. WTF? These types of "fans" should never get to celebrate a championship.....EVER.

she/rave, you are being slightly clever there, you failed to mention the three 8-8 seasons in the mix as well...we all they are basically losing seasons as well. or as the media calls them non-winning seasons!...WFW is just sayin' Jackcool.png

30.gif

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Clever? How, if we were adding in .500 season Id have to add in 1 or 2 seasons for UGA also. The point is still there. Ive gone through MANY bad seasons with both of my teams. Thats the only point that I was getting across. The particulars werent all that important, but thanks for trying to pull a debate out of your ***.