My Black Friday Mock For The Atlanta Falcons

Jaymadd

I think that we have a prime opportunity to really improve our weaknesses sooner than later with a high draft pick and a good amount of cap money to spend on resignings and FA.

Lets start off with the Cuts:

Asante Samuel

Stephen Nicholas

Garrett Reynolds

Cliff Matthews

Bradie Ewing

ATL FA Resignings:

Corey Peters

Joe Hawley

Robert McClain

Dominque Franks

Chase Coffman

Drew Davis

Kevin Cone

2014 Free Agent Signings

Everson Griffen DE/DT - I love Griffen as a college prospect and I think he would be a great addition to our front 7. He could play LDE and even move inside in nickel situations. We will have a good rotation of pass rushers with Griffen.

Arthur Jones DT - Big Defensive Tackle that can play the nose and the 3 tech if we go to a big lineup. Would be an upgrade over what we have now.

Dekota Watson LB - We need a strongside LB. I love Bartu but I think he would be a nice player to develp behind spoon just in case of injury or to even take his spot if we dont resign spoon next year. I like Watson because he plays the run well and can rush the passer.

Anthony Collins - RT - We add a Vet to our sorry as OLine to help make improvements so we can run the ball and gave Matty Ice time to make his reads and find open receivers. Collins can play both tackle spots

These FA picks might be a little costly but we have cap room and I think the biggest cost will be adding Arthur Jones, but we see immediate improvement from our front line on defense and with a good draft on the offensive side also.

The Draft

1st Round - Jadeveon Clowney DE 6'5 274 - South Carolina

- If Clowney is available we take him hands down, no questions asked. I will actually be pissed if TD trys anything outside to running down to the podium and turning the card if for this kid. With Clowney, Griffen and Osi we have a good rotation of pass rushers on every down.

2nd Round - Gabe Jackson OG - 6-3 340 - MIssissippi State

- We need a young stud guard in the worst way. I wanted Larry Warford last year and picking up Jackson would really go along way in shoring up our Oline

3rd Round - Daniel McCullers -NT - 6'6 351 - Tennessee

- With Peters and Jones we add McCullers to put in on run downs to help free up our LB to make plays.

4th Round - Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia 6-5 258.

- Lynch has looked good as a blocker and a WR this year. I think he has filled in well as a replacement for Charles. WE need a Blocker as a TE, and I think Lynch has some skills as a receiver.

5th Round - J.C. Copeland - FB - 6'0 260 - LSU

- We cant trust Bradie Ewing to play more than the preseason, we need to move on from him and bring in someone that might make it past the preseason to help us improve our run game

6th Round - Spencer Long, G, Nebraska 6-4 315.

- Spencer played well before his ACL injury but I think he could be good depth and maybe a replacement for Blalock if we cut his next offseason.

7th Round - James Morris*, OLB/ILB, Iowa - 6'2 230

- We need some strong competition for SLB with the release of Nic and I think Bartu is good depth to have to fill it on the outside in case of injury.

Starters/Depth 2014

Offense

QB - Matt Ryan, DD

HB - SJax, Quizz, Snelling

FB - J.C. Copeland

WR - Jones, White, HD, Johnson, Drew Davis, Kevin Cone

TE - Chase Coffman, Arthur Lynch, Levine Toilolo

LT - Holmes, Baker

LG - Blalock, Gunn

C - Hawley, Konz

RG - Gabe Jackson, Gunn

RT - Collins, Baker

Defense

RE - Clowney, Osi

DT - Jones, Peters

NT - McCullers, Roberston

LE - Griffen, Biermann

WLB - Weatherspoon, Bartu

MLB - Worrilow, Dent

SLB - Watson, Bartu

CB - Alford, Franks

FS - Decoud, Ishmel

SS - Moore, Motta

CB - Trufant, McClain

Summary:

I think Holmes is the starter at LT with a good offseason training program and the competition that will take place between him and baker. I think with the addition of a RT and a RG our offense could be what it was built to be. I think we need major help with our defensive front four and with the FA additions that we added we could get pressure and that will help our secondary. I struggled with the late round picks cause I havent spent alot of time scouting draft prospects but I tried to base it on positions that we need as opposed to players, so if you have a better late round prospect I am all ears.

Just a Day in the Mind of the leader of the Tankers

I think that we have a prime opportunity to really improve our weaknesses sooner than later with a high draft pick and a good amount of cap money to spend on resignings and FA.

Lets start off with the Cuts:

Asante Samuel

Stephen Nicholas

Garrett Reynolds

Cliff Matthews

Bradie Ewing

ATL FA Resignings:

Corey Peters

Joe Hawley

Robert McClain

Dominque Franks

Chase Coffman

Drew Davis

Kevin Cone

2014 Free Agent Signings

Everson Griffen DE/DT - I love Griffen as a college prospect and I think he would be a great addition to our front 7. He could play LDE and even move inside in nickel situations. We will have a good rotation of pass rushers with Griffen.

Arthur Jones DT - Big Defensive Tackle that can play the nose and the 3 tech if we go to a big lineup. Would be an upgrade over what we have now.

Dekota Watson LB - We need a strongside LB. I love Bartu but I think he would be a nice player to develp behind spoon just in case of injury or to even take his spot if we dont resign spoon next year. I like Watson because he plays the run well and can rush the passer.

Anthony Collins - RT - We add a Vet to our sorry as OLine to help make improvements so we can run the ball and gave Matty Ice time to make his reads and find open receivers. Collins can play both tackle spots

These FA picks might be a little costly but we have cap room and I think the biggest cost will be adding Arthur Jones, but we see immediate improvement from our front line on defense and with a good draft on the offensive side also.

The Draft

1st Round - Jadeveon Clowney DE 6'5 274 - South Carolina

- If Clowney is available we take him hands down, no questions asked. I will actually be pissed if TD trys anything outside to running down to the podium and turning the card if for this kid. With Clowney, Griffen and Osi we have a good rotation of pass rushers on every down.

2nd Round - Gabe Jackson OG - 6-3 340 - MIssissippi State

- We need a young stud guard in the worst way. I wanted Larry Warford last year and picking up Jackson would really go along way in shoring up our Oline

3rd Round - Daniel McCullers -NT - 6'6 351 - Tennessee

- With Peters and Jones we add McCullers to put in on run downs to help free up our LB to make plays.

4th Round - Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia 6-5 258.

- Lynch has looked good as a blocker and a WR this year. I think he has filled in well as a replacement for Charles. WE need a Blocker as a TE, and I think Lynch has some skills as a receiver.

5th Round - J.C. Copeland - FB - 6'0 260 - LSU

- We cant trust Bradie Ewing to play more than the preseason, we need to move on from him and bring in someone that might make it past the preseason to help us improve our run game

6th Round - Spencer Long, G, Nebraska 6-4 315.

- Spencer played well before his ACL injury but I think he could be good depth and maybe a replacement for Blalock if we cut his next offseason.

7th Round - James Morris*, OLB/ILB, Iowa - 6'2 230

- We need some strong competition for SLB with the release of Nic and I think Bartu is good depth to have to fill it on the outside in case of injury.

Starters/Depth 2014

Offense

QB - Matt Ryan, DD

HB - SJax, Quizz, Snelling

FB - J.C. Copeland

WR - Jones, White, HD, Johnson, Drew Davis, Kevin Cone

TE - Chase Coffman, Arthur Lynch, Levine Toilolo

LT - Holmes, Baker

LG - Blalock, Gunn

C - Hawley, Konz

RG - Gabe Jackson, Gunn

RT - Collins, Baker

Defense

RE - Clowney, Osi

DT - Jones, Peters

NT - McCullers, Roberston

LE - Griffen, Biermann

WLB - Weatherspoon, Bartu

MLB - Worrilow, Dent

SLB - Watson, Bartu

CB - Alford, Franks

FS - Decoud, Ishmel

SS - Moore, Motta

CB - Trufant, McClain

Summary:

I think Holmes is the starter at LT with a good offseason training program and the competition that will take place between him and baker. I think with the addition of a RT and a RG our offense could be what it was built to be. I think we need major help with our defensive front four and with the FA additions that we added we could get pressure and that will help our secondary. I struggled with the late round picks cause I havent spent alot of time scouting draft prospects but I tried to base it on positions that we need as opposed to players, so if you have a better late round prospect I am all ears.

Just a Day in the Mind of the leader of the Tankers

Not bad Jaymadd, but I would not re-sign Franks and I would sign Oher and Soliai instead of Collins and Jones. I love your cut list and some of your draft picks (Clowney, Jackson, & Long which you left off your depth chart). I'm a Dawgs fan and I like Lynch but I would rather have baby "Gronk" CJ Fiedorowicz, TE from Iowa. He can block and catch, and would be a double TE threat in the red zone alongside Toilolo.

Edited by atlbaby

Idk what everyone has seen in Clowney this year that makes us think he' be a good choice. He's lazy and out of shape. He'll be another first round bust like Jamaal Anderson if the Falcons make the mistake of taking him. Jake Matthews or go home...

lol he's lazy and out of shape? How do you know that? ESPN

How do you know he isn't? His stats this year would point to me being right. 2 Sacks? Yeah, that's a kid who's working his *** off. But yeah, I'm wrong and you're right.

I never said the kid was lazy...You did. I just ask you how you knew this and the only thing you can say is stats. The kid gets double team every game and you call him lazy...Wow

I never said the kid was lazy...You did. I just ask you how you knew this and the only thing you can say is stats. The kid gets double team every game and you call him lazy...Wow

No, I say he's lazy because he's admitted to taking plays off. I don't want someone like that anywhere near this franchise. And stats are the measure most commonly used to judge a player's success. It's far easier to surmise that he won't be good based on his stats than that he will somehow find a gear he's never had in college at the NFL level and outperform his spotty effort and nonexistent stats this year. Please, tell me more about how you know he will be successful at the NFL level. Enlighten me with your soothsaying, future-telling abilities. What are the winning powerball numbers? Will Charlie BRown EVER kick that football? You can see the future, enlighten me...