Dan Reaves Could Get Us To The Superbowl!

iDash

Reeves-Dirty-Bird.jpg

Just Saying,

Dan Reaves would pound that rock all day Double TE formation even!

Big Rbs are Atlanta Tradition!

He can tell who's the Momma boys are.

Also,

I think Gruden could rock with Good Qb already in Place!

He has done it before with Someone Elses Talents/ leftovers and he got robbed that Year in Oakland too!

Who else do you think can come in to ATL and win?

Since Coach Smith is Defensive Coach,

Should we go offense next?

Truth be told, I miss the man. Shaky GM, but dam good coach. He could coach up a roster like this one. For sure.

Coached three different teams to the playoffs. Two of em to four Super Bowls.

Blank stepped on his weenie when he fired him in 2003. Should have let him coach the 2004 team. I think he would have coached em to a Bowl.

I wanted the guy fired, but it was the wrong call. He stood a chance of getting something out of Vick unlike the crew who succedeed him that let Vick run the show.

It is also Reeves.

I have to agree with you. Mike's best season (before The Rebirth) was when Reeves had that dude balling' out on third-and-long to Quentin McCord and Trevor Gaylor.

Dan Reeves was worst than a bad coach - he was a mediocre coach. A bad coach gets found out fairly quickly and if management has enough guts to admit a mistake he's got rid of quickly. (Like Seattle did with Jim Mora, the Younger, realizing this guy's not going to get a ring and dismissed Mora after one season. Brutal, but a better coach became available and it had to be done.) A mediocre coach, on the other hand, does juuuusssttt enough to hang onto his job, enabling him to spread his poison for years of mainly disappointing seasons.

If you look at the record, Dan Reeves richly deserved to be dismissed in 2003. (Actually, Reeves wasn't exactly fired by Blank. Blank informed Reeves, after Reeves confronted him, that Dan wasn't going to be with the Falcons after the 2003 season [something Reeves had to know]; Reeves then left the team in a huff with three games remaining in the season.) I remember Broncos and Giants fans warning us that Reeves was not all he appeared, especially long term.

Yeah, 1997 was rebuilding and 1998 was great. However, fans tend to forget the 1999, 2000, and 2001 seasons. I am convinced almost any other team would have fired Reeves after the 2001 season. But then Arthur Blank bought the Falcons too late to prudently make wholesale changes, deciding to keep Reeves for another season. The phenomenon that was the early Michael Vick then appeared in 2002, giving Reeves another reprieve. However, Reeves luck finally ran out in 2003 when Vick was injured, exposing just how little Reeves did with the team in the seven years he was coach.

Take off the Super Bowl blinders folks. You're remembering a coach that in reality didn't truly exist.

Yeah he got us to the Superbowl...but didn't instill enough discipline in his team to prevent a dumb **** cornerback from soliciting a hooker for a knob job the night before the game.

Reeves let the families stay at the hotel that night. Not only did Eugene Robinson betray the fans and the team, he betrayed his wife and kids. It was not Reeves fault. I thought he was a heck of a coach.

Dan Reeves was worst than a bad coach - he was a mediocre coach. A bad coach gets found out fairly quickly and if management has enough guts to admit a mistake he's got rid of quickly. (Like Seattle did with Jim Mora, the Younger, realizing this guy's not going to get a ring and dismissed Mora after one season. Brutal, but a better coach became available and it had to be done.) A mediocre coach, on the other hand, does juuuusssttt enough to hang onto his job, enabling him to spread his poison for years of mainly disappointing seasons.

If you look at the record, Dan Reeves richly deserved to be dismissed in 2003. (Actually, Reeves wasn't exactly fired by Blank. Blank informed Reeves, after Reeves confronted him, that Dan wasn't going to be with the Falcons after the 2003 season [something Reeves had to know]; Reeves then left the team in a huff with three games remaining in the season.) I remember Broncos and Giants fans warning us that Reeves was not all he appeared, especially long term.

Yeah, 1997 was rebuilding and 1998 was great. However, fans tend to forget the 1999, 2000, and 2001 seasons. I am convinced almost any other team would have fired Reeves after the 2001 season. But then Arthur Blank bought the Falcons too late to prudently make wholesale changes, deciding to keep Reeves for another season. The phenomenon that was the early Michael Vick then appeared in 2002, giving Reeves another reprieve. However, Reeves luck finally ran out in 2003 when Vick was injured, exposing just how little Reeves did with the team in the seven years he was coach.

Take off the Super Bowl blinders folks. You're remembering a coach that in reality didn't truly exist.

Reeves' biggest mistakes were not having adequate back ups for Jam and Vick when they got injured in 99, 01 and 03.

We've let plenty of quality coaches go since AB bought the team besides firing Reeves. I'd start with the easiest & you guys can chime in, ANY Special teams coach we've had since the team was founded is better than K Armstrong! DC...Zimmer (hire him as HC )? Sure there's more I'd like to have, as far as what we can use? No retreads ie.Gruden & Cowher since ther're out of the game too long & have nothing to prove...I know Marty Shott also has been out too long & is old, but when you never get to the Super Bowl (oh so close), there's still a fire burning, Arthur, give him a shot!!! GM,HC or Consultant, he won't let us down!

Edited by Club212

We've let plenty of quality coaches go since AB bought the team besides firing Reeves. I'd start with the easiest & you guys can chime in, ANY Special teams coach we've had since the team was founded is better than K Armstrong! DC...Zimmer (hire him as HC )? Sure there's more I'd like to have, as far as what we can use? No retreads ie.Gruden & Cowher since ther're out of the game too long & have nothing to prove...I know Marty Shott also has been out too long & is old, but when you never get to the Super Bowl (oh so close), there's still a fire burning, Arthur, give him a shot!!! GM,HC or Consultant, he won't let us down!

You're kidding, right? Marty Schottenheimer has ultimately let down every freaking team he's been associated with.

Yeah he got us to the Superbowl...but didn't instill enough discipline in his team to prevent a dumb **** cornerback from soliciting a hooker for a knob job the night before the game.

You're going to try to lay E.R.'s dumbazz move on Reeves? Of anybody on the team that Reeves might have felt an obligation to "instill discipline" into, the last player on the list would've been Robinson, who was virtually the Family Values Poster Boy for the Falcons up until that incident? C'mon, man. No other coach has got this team within a long distance call of the Super Bowl, give the man credit.

No way he could do that now. His offense is too out dated

No, we just thought that after the 2011 season which saw three players pass for over 5000 yards (and two break Dan Marino's record) we thought that the league had evolved into a passing one. Now teams are finding out the hard way that it's important to have a power running game. Heck, Green Bay, Detroit, and New Orleans figured it out. We had one, up until 2011. And just like the guy that tries and fails at following trends, we thought we could be one of those "explosive" passing teams by having Matt essentially become the focal point of our offense. It worked (somewhat) in 2012, but obviously we weren't going to sustain success running that kind of offense.

Dan Reeves offense would be a breath of fresh air. Pound the football, then kill 'em with play action. That's just fundamental football. I think he would have added more route combinations and try to get our playmakers like Julio, Roddy, Harry, and Jacquizz in space and one-on-one match-ups to spice up our passing attack, but ultimately he would have stuck with his MO which is to relentlessly pound the rock. Don't forget that Chris Chandler put up his best numbers as a passer with Dan Reeves (Chandler still holds the Falcon single game passing yards record at 431 and has the second highest Falcon single season passer rating at a little over a 100).

Edited by JerseyNo12